What is the reasoning blackberry has given to not add a sign-out feature? This is probably the one problem preventing me from using BBM on a regular basis. I'm on a gingerbread device, my battery and memory resources are limited, so I need to be able to sign out...
    04-08-14 02:28 PM
    What's the point of having an IM app that is offline?

Defeats of the purpose of "instant" messaging
    pttptppt and CerveloJohn like this.
    04-08-14 02:30 PM
    What's the point of having an IM app that is offline?

Defeats of the purpose of "instant" messaging
    Did you just totally ignore my points and/or not read any of my post?

Instant messaging does not mean you have to be online 24/7.
    04-08-14 02:56 PM
    How do you sign out of SMS and phone?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-08-14 03:13 PM
    I agree. Most other IM's you can sign out when you don't want to get messages.
    04-08-14 03:40 PM
    How do you sign out of SMS and phone?
    The major points of signing out is to save battery / allow extra resources for other applications. If you don't bother reading the first post, the don't reply.

Simple as...
    04-08-14 06:51 PM
    Can't you kill the app with a taskmanager? I don't know how Android works just saying...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:59 PM
    Can't you kill the app with a taskmanager? I don't know how Android works just saying...

Posted via CB10
    You can make BBM not run in the background, by turning off the BBM icon...which will delay messages received, something this user clearly doesn't care about.
    04-08-14 07:05 PM
    The major points of signing out is to save battery / allow extra resources for other applications. If you don't bother reading the first post, the don't reply.

Simple as...
    I'd you don't bother answering my simple question that's your prerogative. I don't take orders about when or where to post from anyone. SMDH - simple minds . . .

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, you can kill it off, but it always just turns back on. No idea how. I've force closed it many times. Even so, this doesn't really appeal to me, I'd be happy to do this, but I'm still left in the dark as to why blackberry would force users to sign out through this way.

========================

I'd you don't bother answering my simple question that's your prerogative. I don't take orders about when or where to post from anyone. SMDH - simple minds . . .

Posted via CB10
    Look. Stop trolling. I asked a reasonable question. You shouldn't reply to the question by asking another question. The messaging service does not take up much, if any memory resources nor uses up any battery. If you are too dim to see that an SMS service can still allow the phone to last for days whereas an IM app can wear down battery faster, then that is your right to remain dim-witted.

You can make BBM not run in the background, by turning off the BBM icon...which will delay messages received, something this user clearly doesn't care about.
    ......Why is there so much hate in this thread? How would you know what I care about or not and imply my ignorance? What has delayed messages got to do with anything at all? I have clearly stated, this is the third time, that I need a sign out feature to preserve battery and release some memory for other apps. How much more obvious do I need to make that point. Even if messages are delayed, the app is still running and using lots of memory.

If you two don't want to participate in serious discussion, then just stop posting here...
    ===========

Having a sign out feature allows me to actually use my phone for other services. The whole reason for signing out is that before, I could actually use my phone for 2-3 days prior to installing BBM and that includes using Skype every now and again, but now, with BBM always on, its down to a day. I also find other apps crash a little more due to memory being used by BBM (eg. Opera mini).
    04-10-14 12:41 PM
    What is the reasoning blackberry has given to not add a sign-out feature? This is probably the one problem preventing me from using BBM on a regular basis. I'm on a gingerbread device, my battery and memory resources are limited, so I need to be able to sign out...
    I find it only uses minimal Battery and memory on my Z10. Maybe it's different on Android / gingerbread. Have you got the newest version

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-10-14 12:47 PM
    rotfl!!!

"Remember"ing is boring, try "Dayly for BB10"
    04-10-14 12:54 PM
    I can see where you're coming from OP, it'd be nice to be able to switch between work and personal BBM.. which would require signing out

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:54 PM
    Dleate app and re install then u ll sigh out

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:57 PM