Sent a note last night and had a change of thought in the morning, tried retracting an unread BBM message but instead of giving me the confirmed "Message Retracted" message it just says "Message Retracting" as if it's still trying to retract it...it's now been 2 hours since i've tried retracting the message.

Could it be that the receiver deleted the unread message? Or that they're in a zone with no signal? I've tried sending a message since and I just get the check mark sign, no "D".

This is from an Android to an Apple device BBM.

Has this happened to anyone in the past?

I appreciated any feedback on this!

Thanks!!
    05-12-15 08:16 AM
    Because it hasn't confirmed the retraction yet. It could be that the other person's phone is off, they uninstalled BBM, they don't have signal, etc.
    05-12-15 12:29 PM
    Sent a note last night and had a change of thought in the morning, tried retracting an unread BBM message but instead of giving me the confirmed "Message Retracted" message it just says "Message Retracting" as if it's still trying to retract it...it's now been 2 hours since i've tried retracting the message.

Could it be that the receiver deleted the unread message? Or that they're in a zone with no signal? I've tried sending a message since and I just get the check mark sign, no "D".

This is from an Android to an Apple device BBM.

Has this happened to anyone in the past?

I appreciated any feedback on this!

Thanks!!
    Since it's to an Apple device then the following could have happened :

1-The BBM app is closed from the multitasking bar on the iPhone

2- the person is out of network reach

3- the person has deleted BBM ( unlikely)

It only says retracting if it hasn't delete that message on the persons phone yet for any of the reasons above

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 06:47 PM