The biggest, most promising feature to be added to BBM was CHANNELS. Since then, BBM has been on a steady downwards trajectory, and going multiplatform didn't make much difference.

For those of us who still use BBM, as well as other messaging apps (of which there are many), we know what needs to be done to make BBM relevant again but the development team seems to be completely tone deaf, adding in useless features and design aspects (the cartoon background) and letting unique features go to waste (the aforementioned Channels)

Why is the BBM development team letting this platform languish so badly?
    09-12-17 06:24 AM
    Actually, now that Emtek is running the show on Android and iOS, we've seen more development in the last 6 months than the 6 years before that.

It just might be harder to tell because other messaging apps are so much farther ahead.
    09-12-17 07:28 AM
    The biggest, most promising feature to be added to BBM was CHANNELS. Since then, BBM has been on a steady downwards trajectory, and going multiplatform didn't make much difference.

For those of us who still use BBM, as well as other messaging apps (of which there are many), we know what needs to be done to make BBM relevant again but the development team seems to be completely tone deaf, adding in useless features and design aspects (the cartoon background) and letting unique features go to waste (the aforementioned Channels)

Why is the BBM development team letting this platform languish so badly?
    Because they know it doesn't have a universal appeal.
    09-12-17 10:18 AM
    BBM lost the plot. Nobody is using it as there main messenger. They might not be even making money to sustain in the market.
    09-12-17 10:22 AM
    Emtek have to make bbm ux like whatsapp/telegram which is simple and consistent ui. They wrongly make it like line/wechat which is bloated and non-standard ux.

I love telegram/whatsapp for its consistent ux including font size, pages, options. They should make more options/settings available to user so user will happier.
    09-26-17 02:44 PM
    BBM is simply a choice among many options for messaging. I convinced my entire family to use BBM because that was all I could do with my Classic. Now that I am on a KEYONE I see no reason to switch. BBM does everything I need to make staying in touch with family and friends easy.
    09-26-17 02:50 PM
    Bbm can use channel feature for ticket sales for events, discounted, attractive towards youth. once ppl will keep checking bbm, they will start using chat feature too. leading to creation of group chats.
    partnership is the way to go. ppl need incentive to install and keep blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 05:18 PM
    For many of us in North America where essentially every cell plan includes unlimited texting, BBM hasn't been relevant because we can use even the stock text apps to keep in contact with everyone we need to, cross-platform.

Even for work, my employer went to Google Mail / apps early and so we have Google Hangouts that fits nicely and supports all of our platforms - PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad.
    09-27-17 10:46 AM