I bought my Z30 on eBay six months ago. When launched on this phone, BBM consistently shows the error "No BlackBerry Data". But my partner and my daughter have Z10s and are able to use BBM without any issues on the same phone network (2degrees here in New Zealand).

I've contacted BlackBerry Technical Support, who told me the problem is because my phone network isn't providing BlackBerry Data Services. I called my phone network and they confirmed what I'd already heard: BBM on BlackBerry 10 doesn't require phone network implementation of BlackBerry specific services.

Is it possible my phone's PIN is already associated with some other entity within the BlackBerry eco-system? Is it possible to get a new PIN? Is there a way I, or BlackBerry Technical Support, can ensure the PIN isn't linked to any other account or server? Would a factory reset help? Or am I barking up the wrong cellphone tower altogether?

If anyone has any suggestions for resolving this issue I'd be grateful.
    08-31-15 02:50 AM
    I don't know if it helps... the BBM is now (in BB10) related to the BB-ID... if you want/could, try with a new BlackBerry-ID... but aware of losing the rest of the Apps you paid!!!!!!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    08-31-15 03:45 AM
    Thanks @anischab. If changing my BlackBerry ID means buying all my apps again, I'll leave that option to the very last. I try to support BlackBerry developers, plus I have a number of relatively expensive ported Android music creation apps.

I did try changing service providers. We arrived in Italy yesterday, and today inserted a TIM SIM. For a moment I thought BBM was going to work (I saw the login screen for the first time), but then the same "No BlackBerry Data" message appeared. Sigh. We're reduced to using WeChat instead of BBM.

I won't do anything further about this until we get home mid-November. I guess I'll have to change my BlackBerry ID then as you suggest. And if that doesn't fix it ... well, I'm not sure. Buy another Z30?
    09-04-15 10:36 AM
    I would suggest signing into BBM with one of the other phones first to see if that actually works before diagnosing there is something wrong with your phone.

If you can sign in with one of their phones, it may be a hardware issue.

If you can't sign in with their phone, continue troubleshooting with BlackBerry technical support, as painful as that might be.........

Posted with the accuracy of the Classic
    09-04-15 10:46 AM
    Have you an "older" device or BlackBerry 10?
    Because "BlackBerry" Data get extra fee in some foreign carriers... In Germany, you pay about 5 Euros a month for BlackBerry Data on curve or Bold. On BB10, you don't need this extra fee.
    Most of the times, you should contact the carrier, or go to the representant who sold your new SIM card

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    09-04-15 11:26 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help.

@Michael Dunn1, how do I go about testing my BBM credentials on someone else's BlackBerry? Do we need to factory reset the test phone, or does the BBM software itself have provision for logging out and logging in to a different account. My partner has a Z10, so we could try this immediately if it's not too invasive.

@anischab, I have a Z30 running BlackBerry 10. I'll go back to the TIM store today and see if they can help.

Ciao.
    09-04-15 11:52 PM
    I see two options, but I can't confirm the first will work. I'd recommend a full back up of your test phone in either case.

1) in your settings it looks as though you can change your BBM credentials as shown in the attached photo. Back up test phone and try changing blackberry credentials.

Why does BBM say "No BlackBerry Data"?-img_20150906_091549.png

2) perform a full back up of your partners phone using Link. Factory reset your partners phone and sign in to your BBM.

Either way, I expect BBM will notify you this BB_ID is associated with another device and ask if you are sure you would like to switch it to the new device, of course to troubleshoot the answer would be yes.

Posted with the accuracy of the Classic
    09-06-15 08:24 AM