About a month ago I dropped my Classic and smashed the screen. While waiting for a new screen to come from China, I downloaded BBM to my Android tablet and used it with no issues. While waiting for the screen to arrive, I came accross a great deal on a refurbed Classic so I took it instead of fixing the old one. Now however, when I'm trying to get BBM to transfer to the new phone, I keep getting a "temporary server error" message. I'm on the Telus network in Alberta and I'm using the most up to date BB10 OS. Does anyone have a fix for this? I want BBM back!
    10-21-17 12:51 PM
    Look around the forums, there is a bug going on with moving accounts to Android, and then back to BB10.

There was a fix, but I believe it causes issues with your account.

BBM is no longer owned by BlackBerry, and as such doesn't really support BB10 devices properly anymore.
    10-21-17 12:58 PM
    Thanks John. I tried searching the forums as you suggest to no avail. Can you point me in a narrower direction? I'm new to crackberry and discussion forums in general
    10-21-17 01:18 PM
    Thanks John. I tried searching the forums as you suggest to no avail. Can you point me in a narrower direction? I'm new to crackberry and discussion forums in general
    This is what he was referring to:

We cannot switch BBM from an Android or iOS device back to a BB 10 device. See the official statement here:
    BBM – What Changed This Week and Why | Inside BlackBerry
    10-21-17 01:38 PM
    So the way I read this if I want bbm on my Classic again, I have to loose all my contacts etc because I have to set up a new ID and once a new ID is set up, I can't restore my back-up to the phone because the back-up is associated with the old ID? It would seem I'm a week too late
    10-21-17 02:01 PM
    So the way I read this if I want bbm on my Classic again, I have to loose all my contacts etc because I have to set up a new ID and once a new ID is set up, I can't restore my back-up to the phone because the back-up is associated with the old ID? It would seem I'm a week too late
    Worse than that, you will lose all the paid apps associated with your old BBID.
    10-21-17 03:03 PM
    TBH it's the contacts I'm worried about. 200 contacts poof! Gone!
    10-21-17 03:05 PM
    TBH it's the contacts I'm worried about. 200 contacts poof! Gone!
    Sucks.

But honestly, it's 2017. You need to be using the cloud for such things. At least do it right going forward. You should never leave yourself that vulnerable to any number of potential problems.
    10-21-17 03:06 PM
    Sucks.

But honestly, it's 2017. You need to be using the cloud for such things. At least do it right going forward. You should never leave yourself that vulnerable to any number of potential problems.
    Fair,

Wanna give me a crash course? I've never used the cloud from my BlackBerry and wouldn't know where to start. In fact, I've never used the cloud for anything. I've always backed up my stuff to an external hard drive which I keep safe. And again, wouldn't the cloud be associated with my old ID and therefore inaccessible from my new ID?
    10-21-17 06:22 PM
    Fair,

Wanna give me a crash course? I've never used the cloud from my BlackBerry and wouldn't know where to start. In fact, I've never used the cloud for anything. I've always backed up my stuff to an external hard drive which I keep safe. And again, wouldn't the cloud be associated with my old ID and therefore inaccessible from my new ID?
    Gmail for contacts, calendar, and email. Box for camera photos and videos, etc.
    10-21-17 06:33 PM