Hi, I just downloaded BB Hub on my Note 5. I was super excited because I loved this feature on my Z10.

I have no problem adding Gmail accounts to the Hub but when I try to add any of my Hotmail accounts I get this:

"The app Blackberrry Hub+ Services has requested a certificate. Choosing a certificate will let the app use this identify with servers now and in the future.

You can install certificates from a PKCS#12 file with a .pfx or .p12 file extension."

I then have the option to Install or cancel but install takes me to an empty folder on my phone.

Anyone know how I can get my Hotmail accounts up and running? Thanks!
    08-03-16 05:40 PM
    Hi, I just downloaded BB Hub on my Note 5. I was super excited because I loved this feature on my Z10.

I have no problem adding Gmail accounts to the Hub but when I try to add any of my Hotmail accounts I get this:

"The app Blackberrry Hub+ Services has requested a certificate. Choosing a certificate will let the app use this identify with servers now and in the future.

You can install certificates from a PKCS#12 file with a .pfx or .p12 file extension."

I then have the option to Install or cancel but install takes me to an empty folder on my phone.

Anyone know how I can get my Hotmail accounts up and running? Thanks!
    Are you by chance trying to set the account up manually, or did it just "auto-discover" the account details? It sounds like it's trying to use cert-based authentication which seems odd for hotmail...
    08-03-16 07:22 PM
    I've been facing the exact same problem and have thus been unable to add my hotmail account to hub for android. Do lemme know once you've found a solution! gracias!
    08-09-16 07:59 AM
    I was able to get hotmail working by going into my Hotmail account online>View Account>Security & Privacy>More Security Settings>Under App passwords>>>Create a new app password.

Works perfectly
    Last edited by bolev; 11-10-16 at 01:26 PM.
    08-27-16 09:56 AM
    I was able to get hotmail working by going into my Hotmail account online>View Account>Security & Privacy>More Security Settings>Under App passwords>>>Create a new app password.

Works perfectly
    Using your method I am only successful at the sign in. For some reason it won't sync or send mail thru the HUB.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

UPDATE
    So after the setup you get an automated email by Microsoft. You have to read it and choose the link in it to use a different app then Outlook. After clicking it, my Hotmail account in the HUB filled instantly.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 06-15-17 at 01:38 PM.
    06-15-17 09:20 AM
    Same error. Fixed by this. Manually enter it. here are the settings

IMAP
    Server name: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption method: TLS

SMTP
    Server name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 587
    Encryption method: STARTTLS

Username is your complete email
    10-05-17 07:06 AM