When I try it with my friend it has like a 80% fail rate. Will the forever to connect, is choppy and delayed and kiss half the sentences. I like the audio quality a lot better when it does work properly but it's rare that it does.

I am starting to give up in even trying it anymore, does anybody else have this issue. Does not seem to really matter if it's wifi or 4g.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:45 AM
    The first place I would check is signal quality and the data rates available on the connection for each end (for wifi don't forget bandwidth sharing). Also look for possible service provider throttling (so called Quality of Service prioritization).
    03-18-14 09:58 AM
    So your saying that roger or wind or whatever network may purposely slow the speed down for things like bbm voice or video? I don't have too much issue when I try Skype. Well my signal was full, don't know about their end how they were connecting. I could see if my wifi was like 5mbps which I have faster but 4g is suppose to be like 21mbps isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 12:46 PM
    5 megabits connection should be adequate for most purposes although it isn't great if you have a nominal 4G service, and it might suggest you have significant signal problems pulling the rate down.

The problem of rate limiting is unlikely to be aimed specifically at BBM, more likely to be a function of over-contention between the local nodes and the provider's network backbone. Typically the networks design and install for a planned average data usage about 50-70% of capacity, by the time it is installed and operational the true average is higher and during surge peaks the demand is >100% and either some traffic gets delayed or the data rates are forced down so everyone gets a fair share. You can see the same effect at smaller scale if you have several devices sharing bandwidth on your WiFi - as you add more concurrent downloads they all run slower and slower.
    03-22-14 09:49 PM