Touch cross-platform messenger now available for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Looks like there is another entrant into the ring. Doesn't take long for a company like skype to lose mind-share. I don't think its user-numbers is great as everyone thinks. I'm pretty sure ooVoo and BBM have more users.

BB is smart to keep BBM only on their platform. Its a premier service and shouldn't be given away for free.
    Thats an old program re branded. Pay attention.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.
    02-13-13 09:55 PM
    Thats an old program re branded. Pay attention.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.
    Is it not new to BB10?

In your comparison you mentioned skype "being everywhere". How come they arent on all previous BB devices. Doesnt seem like being everywhere.

Are you actually going to claim "skype won". Looks like they got you sold but do you represent 7 billion plus people forever?

Also, since you seem to know about Touch, how come you didnt comment on them, or compare? or how about gotomeeting, or faceflow, or ooVoo, etc. These seem like HUGE omissions since the other ones you actually compare them to are more platform specific. Seems like a short-sighted and biased comparison from someone who for some reason is a big skype fan. Is audio quality not important to you?? Did you read the article?

Other than mindshare (yours) what does Skype have over the competition? Can you compare active users versus the competition? Cause unless you do that you just show that skype is just your personally preference, and you may be delusional if you think you speak for the whole market. One more point, not that I havent made enough, do you honestly think its over? Just like apple and android will rule forever? Do you not think the evolutoin of VOIP and Skype-like applications have reached full maturity and have completely saturated the market? Please pay attention to this. Lots of question, I doubt I'll get any answers.
    02-13-13 10:31 PM
    Personally, I can't stand Skype. Sound quality on any device sucks the high heaven and it is always cutting out. I guess it is better than nothing but this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. If BB10 was to put their mind to it, they could blow Skype out of the water.
    02-13-13 10:58 PM
    Hmmm..my folks, who are in their late 70's use Skype because it's free! That and it's been around for years...they got nudged into it several years ago through friends and are now comfortable with it...that is the point...everyone is now comfortable and realize it's not voodoo magic that will take over your bank accounts over the puter!

When a better platform comes across their "puter" friends tell them of this "new thing" that is much better they will try it and if like adopt...going to be much easier for new platforms...just ask iOS or Android...were they first into smart phones?

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 02-14-13 at 12:19 AM.
    02-13-13 11:17 PM
    Skype sucks... dunno why everyone is still using it
    02-13-13 11:57 PM
    Yes Skype may suck sometimes ...but it still have a dominant place in the market today. You could have Skype on your TV.
    I'm using it a lot for business, for making really afordable long distance phone calls.
    I'm leaving in Canada and had a customer in South-Africa ...dont have to mention that I was avoiding regular phone calls (or worst cell phone calls). So I did used Skype a lot even for call duration of up to 2 hours ...Skype to Skype call make it easy to make conference call with ease of file transfer and /or screen share ...or just call to landline.
    Now here to compare Skype to BBM ?!? I thing it will go there in the next future, but as of now, we are not comparing the same thing, BBM is not a VOIP.
    Now supposing that customer was also using a recent BB device, the choice should have definitively been using BBM voice (or video call); Sound quality and free using cell phone ...but that not always the case ..where we could Skype call any one one the planet.
    03-11-13 04:23 PM
    Every time I google BBM Video vs. FaceTime this article comes up. It is the worst article ever written haha. Even though my experience has affirmed that BBM Video kicks all sorts of booty, it would be nice to point to some sort of official sounding, test-based source that would confirm that BBM Video takes the prize in quality. However, THIS article sounds so far from professional I don't even bother bringing it up.
    01-24-14 12:54 PM
32 12