Why is BBM "invites" especially from Facebook friends so "not straightforward". It seems other IMs like WhatsApp, Kik, WeChat etc have their acts together.
    Why can't BlackBerry apply the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) so it can rapidly grow the BBM User base?

Am I missing something about the BBM Invitation process?
    02-03-14 03:40 PM
    U probably are... but please be more specific. and see if we can help you to the best communication platform

Posted from my new toy Z30.
    02-03-14 03:45 PM
    What's so complicated? You get someone's pin, you invite them through the pin, they accept.

If they don't have a pin (and therefore no BBM) then they must download it first, then they use your pin to invite you, and you accept.

Blackberry has even made those integrated 'referral' download links which include your pin so that when the other user downloads BBM through that link, it automatically invites the referring pin (you).

I guess it's more complicated than hijacking your entire address book.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:51 PM
    U probably are... but please be more specific. and see if we can help you to the best communication platform

Posted from my new toy Z30.
    You get a BBM invite from a Facebook friend, you click on the "invite" and it loops you back to FB . Then it asks you if you want invite the friend or friends. Sometimes the connection "hangs" while doing whatever search it is performing. The process should be a simple "YES or NO".

Let me reverse the question, kindly tell me the process you go through when you get an invite from FB?
    Agatonga likes this.
    02-03-14 03:58 PM
    What's so complicated? You get someone's pin, you invite them through the pin, they accept.

If they don't have a pin (and therefore no BBM) then they must download it first, then they use your pin to invite you, and you accept.

Blackberry has even made those integrated 'referral' download links which include your pin so that when the other user downloads BBM through that link, it automatically invites the referring pin (you).

I guess it's more complicated than hijacking your entire address book.

Posted via CB10
    I quite agree that security and privacy is paramount to BlackBerry, but it is the highlighted and underlined paragraph in your response that I find annoying. IMO I think that process can be streamlined and made more effective.
    02-03-14 04:04 PM
    Why is BBM "invites" especially from Facebook friends so "not straightforward". It seems other IMs like WhatsApp, Kik, WeChat etc have their acts together.
    Why can't BlackBerry apply the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) so it can rapidly grow the BBM User base?

Am I missing something about the BBM Invitation process?
    KISS- how many platform you use? LOL!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:18 PM
    KISS- how many platform you use? LOL!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what do you mean? Do you mean platform as in different OS or you meant IMs? Or you have never heard of "KISS"? I don't read minds.
    02-03-14 05:31 PM
    How many ways you want to invite? Check BlackBerry tricks and tips for all the invite instruction. Or you can direct invite from your contact list.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:24 PM
    It's not hard. You just tap your phone together with NFC :-)

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 09:29 PM

Waiting to be in physical proximity with somebody to link could negate the "instant" in instant messaging.
    02-03-14 09:36 PM

Poor old iPhone users, no NFC.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-03-14 09:40 PM
    How many ways you want to invite? Check BlackBerry tricks and tips for all the invite instruction. Or you can direct invite from your contact list.

Posted via CB10
    Did you read my post properly? I have been a BlackBerry user since 2000 (year). I have a few BB10 phones in the family and I have no issues with inviting people from my BBMs. My issue is with the "BBM invites coming from Facebook friends". I am just saying that I don't find the process straightforward or simplified enough.
    Where did you say I can find instruction on a "short cut" to BBM invites from FB. All I would like to do is click "ACCEPT" or "DECLINE".

By the way, so you know, I am not losing sleep over this matter.
    02-03-14 09:49 PM
    Broad cast your pin on face book? Ah, wait, security issues? QR code? I would not like software direct me to a specific social media, fb included.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:17 AM
    The suggestion tab has people who don't even have BBM, if I invite them, it reaches them on FB.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 02:38 PM
    The suggestion tab has people who don't even have BBM, if I invite them, it reaches them on FB.

Posted via CB10
    It's not when I invite people. My issue is when FB friends invite me. Anyway, it's just a pet peeve and nothing to loose sleep over.
    Last edited by wincyUt; 02-27-14 at 06:26 PM.
    02-04-14 04:50 PM
    Extracts from "The monetized future of BBM - Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews"

"With the move to cross platform, Sims sees that 60 percent of users are still on the BlackBerry platform and 40 percent are now using BBM on other platforms. Sims says BlackBerry is seeing good growth on all platforms, but knows what needs fixing to encourage even greater adoption.
    "We feel that the invitation process and the registration process for a new user, while we've improved it recently, has room for improvement. If you've used it you know what I'm talking about," Sims candidly remarked. "It needs to be dramatically simplified, so one of our priorities in the near future -- instead of just adding more and more features -- is to make it work very easily. You'll see us focus on that over the coming months."
    Sims suggests that when it comes to consumer focused features, they will have to achieve feature parity across all platforms. But when it comes to enterprise features there will be more options that are specific to the BlackBerry environment.
    When asked whether a desktop BBM client could be in upcoming plans, Sims suggests that BlackBerry's priorities and key markets are very much focused on mobile."

John Sims statement above totally corroborates what I said on this thread.
    I am simply baffled how many people didn't understand that the "Invitation process" needed to be simplified. SMH
    02-27-14 06:24 PM