Long time BB, CB and BBM user, have never participated on any of these public groups that pop up on the forum all the time... just noticed a couple that look interesting (entrepreneurs and IT managers) and decided to finally give it a try but I would never post my PIN on a forum thread! Why the OPs don't just post the group barcode? Is there like a forum rule against this or am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:31 PM
    You could use the browser and send them a PM request. Simplest way to do it. I've been on the boards a lot of years and never posted my PIN publicly. Might give it a try.
    10-22-13 11:12 PM
    Beauty of BBM, you can block unwanted 'friends' even after you added them lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-22-13 11:16 PM
    I find the most frustrating thing about the Group threads is the 30 member limit for a Group in BBM.

By the time I notice a thread for a Group I might be interested in joining there are usually far too many people who've already posted their pin to get in. The people on the 12th page or whatever don't even seem to realise that they are never gonna get in.

Hopefully BBM Channels will improve things but I am yet to find Groups to be all that it's cracked up to be with a 30 member limit. Perhaps it should be renamed to "Very Small Groups"?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:28 PM
    You could use the browser and send them a PM request.
    Good Idea, I'll give it a try!

Beauty of BBM, you can block unwanted 'friends' even after you added them lol
    Sure you can but a lot of people gets flooded with spam requests after they make their PIN public which is a pain to deal with, last thing I want is to start getting requests from some scammer in Nigeria because I wanted to participate in an Entrepreneurs group...

I find the most frustrating thing about the Group threads is the 30 member limit for a Group in BBM.
    Seriously??? how come groups is so popular then and so many threads about these groups with massive replies? I agree, if 30 is the limit then this is kind of useless for that purpose... Channels is great but not meant for this purpose either, only the channel owner can make posts, I see it more like a micro blogging tool...
    10-23-13 12:47 AM
    Seriously??? how come groups is so popular then and so many threads about these groups with massive replies? I agree, if 30 is the limit then this is kind of useless for that purpose... Channels is great but not meant for this purpose either, only the channel owner can make posts, I see it more like a micro blogging tool...
    Yep, it's not all rosey in BBM land.

Channels could be and should be a replacement for the size limited Groups but it looks like they will be another missed opportunity. Here's hoping they increase the Group membership limit soon to compete with WhatsApp's 50 member limit at least.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 01:10 AM