Ok, I know I'll get heat but I'm not knocking BBM but I just wanted some input of why so many love it. I've had BB for at least 15 years, latest is a Q10, and I've never even started up the BBM app in all those years.

I'm usually the only guy in the group that has a BB and for the once in a while I need to chat with a coworker who also has a BB we just do normal text.

So don't hate me but please do explain its appeal.

Thanks!
    02-08-14 03:14 PM
    International chat over data instead of text charges is the one of the biggest. And BBM is becoming the multifaceted application that texting can and will never be. If you have friends around the world, you'd find text charges will break a budget in a heartbeat.
    20blks likes this.
    02-08-14 03:23 PM
    I like using BlackBerry products. That's one of the reasons for me.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    02-08-14 03:37 PM
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

Is there a how to posted somewhere? I see many threads were people are joining groups of others. How does this work? Just strangers chatting with each other. Is it more then just two talking to each other like via text messages? Do people agree on a time to chat or is it a ongoing thing 24/7?

International chat over data instead of text charges is the one of the biggest. And BBM is becoming the multifaceted application that texting can and will never be. If you have friends around the world, you'd find text charges will break a budget in a heartbeat.
    02-08-14 07:58 PM
    Hey Phillyd2. Check out some of the how-to videos posted here to get a handle on some of the basics: BBM for Android and iPhone - YouTube

/jeff
    02-09-14 08:31 AM
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

Is there a how to posted somewhere? I see many threads were people are joining groups of others. How does this work? Just strangers chatting with each other. Is it more then just two talking to each other like via text messages? Do people agree on a time to chat or is it a ongoing thing 24/7?
    It goes on 24/7 as people are all over the world. Just make sure to find out how to turn off group notifications if you decide to join an active group so it doesn't bother you at night or at work and so on.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:37 AM
    Free/included international chat, voice calls, and video calls, as others have already noted. Also, for those of us who sometimes communicate in languages besides English, BBM supports special characters like , , , . (Texting doesn't.)
    02-09-14 08:47 AM