This morning, a lot of friends are reporting random contacts being added to their BBM...so I checked and some guy who I know but would never have on BBM has been added...he probably thinks Im a complete numpty for adding him! Plus this is only since the last update...
    It's not just in the contacts list...I am getting a notification ding and the name appears in the chat list ... what are they doing and what am I not doing to ensure my security?
    Last edited by Joycewa; 02-20-19 at 03:30 AM. Reason: New stuff now
    02-14-19 07:32 PM
    This morning, a lot of friends are reporting random contacts being added to their BBM...so I checked and some guy who I know but would never have on BBM has been added...he probably thinks Im a complete numpty for adding him! Plus this is only since the last update...FIX IT URGENTLY!!!!!
    Turn off BBM's permission to access the contacts on your device.
    02-14-19 08:33 PM
    Turn off BBM's permission to access the contacts on your device.
    Well how do I share stuff then?
    02-20-19 03:31 AM
    Well how do I share stuff then?
    Only turn off the contacts permission, you should still be able to share anything except contacts. To share a BBM contact you can copy and paste the persons pin that you wish to share. I do agree though, they need to give us the option back to turn off automatic invites.
    Joycewa likes this.
    02-20-19 07:29 AM
    Had BBM gone cross platform back in the day, it would have evolved into what it’s starting to resemble today. It’s part of a social media platform that only gets forced into social consciousness the same way as Facebook Messenger, Instagram DM, Snapchat or even WhatsApp under Facebook ownership. If you want to choose your contacts and control the information flow, it’s called SMS and MMS texting...
    02-20-19 07:38 AM
    Hey, wierd...it was already off when i checked...and yes...i dont want BBM to turn into WhatsApp...EVER!
    02-24-19 09:22 AM
    umm...whoever has my phone number can send me SMS and send random stuff I dont want... but only people who had my BBM pin could contact me,... (before)...maybe I dont understand what you mean
    02-24-19 09:26 AM
    umm...whoever has my phone number can send me SMS and send random stuff I dont want... but only people who had my BBM pin could contact me,... (before)...maybe I dont understand what you mean
    Phone numbers will always get spammed. BBM PIN numbers get spammed as well. The point is that BBM wasn’t economically sustainable using it's old business model. So, BB licensed it to Emtek and then allows Emtek to develop BBM into something economically viable. Emtek will copy the most successful business models in order to achieve best probability for success. Think of it copying WeChat if that’s a better analogy. Remember the primary users of BBM Emtek are Indonesian region.
    02-24-19 09:36 AM
    Hey, wierd...it was already off when i checked...and yes...i dont want BBM to turn into WhatsApp...EVER!
    The latest update just made it WhatsApp i guess
    02-28-19 08:03 AM