What does Cylance have to do with BBMe? Absolutely nothing.
    Cylance will help BBMe like QNX helped BB10 in 2013 or so.
    05-15-19 05:30 PM
    What does Cylance have to do with BBMe? Absolutely nothing.
    When you compare Telegram and it's Telegram ( that's all it has) to BBMe and BlackBerry! Stating Telegram the company is "open" to 3rd party code audits....another statement from Telegram....and saying BBMe re BlackBerry does not allow this?!...Absolutely no comparison of companies...not even close.
    05-15-19 05:55 PM
    Cylance will help BBMe like QNX helped BB10 in 2013 or so.
    QNX has helped and is helping BlackBerry make a load of revenue / earnings. That is very powerful.
    05-15-19 05:57 PM
    Read both articles...side by side...
    BlackBerry makes a better statement

https://blogs.blackberry.com/2.../05...ircle-of-trust
    05-15-19 06:00 PM
    When you compare Telegram and it's Telegram ( that's all it has) to BBMe and BlackBerry! Stating Telegram the company is "open" to 3rd party code audits....another statement from Telegram....and saying BBMe re BlackBerry does not allow this?!...Absolutely no comparison of companies...not even close.
    What did you actually say here?
    05-15-19 06:07 PM
    Read both articles...side by side...
    BlackBerry makes a better statement

https://blogs.blackberry.com/2.../05...ircle-of-trust
    And?
    05-15-19 06:07 PM
    And?
    Perfectly clear.
    05-15-19 06:09 PM
    Perfectly clear.
    What is? The BlackBerry blog doesn't even discuss their encryption methodology.

BlackBerry was discussing the authentication of the other party to the chat. Telegram can also do that by sending/comparing encryption keys out-of-band - which BBMe prosumer can't do by the way - so it's even more secure.

You keep drawing me into comparing the apps. I'm telling you that Telegram will always win with regards to security and features. That's not to say that some may prefer the UX in BBMe prosumer, and that's great. They should feel free to use it. Just don't pretend it's something it's not.
    Last edited by conite; 05-15-19 at 06:28 PM.
    05-15-19 06:11 PM
    QNX has helped and is helping BlackBerry make a load of revenue / earnings. That is very powerful.
    You're missing the point completely. I'm aware of what QNX has done for BB, plenty and what it did for BB10, nothing if you're discussing the business strategy and revenue stream impact.

Cylance is largest acquisition of BB and different company from BB for now. I don't know that Cylance will ever tie BB Enterprise type businesses into the Cylance base, regardless, the strategy and future of BBMe is clear as mud at this point.
    05-15-19 06:23 PM
    Well, since I’m a secret agent, security is the utmost importance to me. After reading this thread though I’m confused as to which to use.
    Ahh, hell, I’ll flip a coin.......Signal it is!
    Now, back to my espionage work.
    05-15-19 06:27 PM
    Well, since I’m a secret agent, security is the utmost importance to me. After reading this thread though I’m confused as to which to use.
    Ahh, hell, I’ll flip a coin.......Signal it is!
    Now, back to my espionage work.
    Visual imagery has me laughing. Secret agentman holding BlackBerry in one hand, flipping coin with other.
    05-15-19 06:48 PM
    Visual imagery has me laughing. Secret agentman holding BlackBerry in one hand, flipping coin with other.
    I’m very talented.
    05-15-19 06:50 PM
    What is? The BlackBerry blog doesn't even discuss their encryption methodology.

BlackBerry was discussing the authentication of the other party to the chat. Telegram can also do that by sending/comparing encryption keys out-of-band - which BBMe prosumer can't do by the way - so it's even more secure.

You keep drawing me into comparing the apps. I'm telling you that Telegram will always win with regards to security and features. That's not to say that some may prefer the UX in BBMe prosumer, and that's great. They should feel free to use it. Just don't pretend it's something it's not.
    You made a direct comparison when you mentioned that Telegram supposedly is open to 3rd party code audits and that BBMe (RE BlackBerry) does not allow such audits? Is this public information?

You insists that Telegram is more secure than BBMe from BlackBerry.? My opinion is the opposite.
    05-15-19 06:55 PM
    You made a direct comparison when you mentioned that Telegram supposedly is open to 3rd party code audits and that BBMe (RE BlackBerry) does not allow such audits? Is this public information?.
    Yes

You insists that Telegram is more secure than BBMe from BlackBerry.? My opinion is the opposite.
    It's not really a matter of opinion. BBMe prosumer is missing key security features compared to BBMe commercial and other messaging apps (like Telegram, Signal, and Threema).
    Last edited by conite; 05-15-19 at 10:23 PM.
    valer466 likes this.
    05-15-19 06:59 PM
    Yes

It's not really a matter of opinion. BBMe prosumer is missing key security features compared to BBMe commercial and other messaging apps (like Telegram, Signal, and Threema).
    Yes....

BBMe re BlackBerry states publicly their audit policy with regards to code? Or other internal issues?

Which is most secure?
    Yes it's a matter of opinion depending on who you ask. Some mention right after the use of BOTS it downgrades the encryption level.
    So there a lot of details to be analyzed. Your choice is Telegram and others BBMe. Free world.
    05-16-19 01:51 AM
    The point is, they COULD have used fully open source encryption server-side, but found it wanting. That's why they allow 3rd party audits and bounties.
    I am not trying to discredit Telegraph. I'm just identifying the issues that some in the cryptography community have with their encryption and data retention practices. There have to been academic and needy articles written about approaches to breaking their encryption, and analyses of their bounty program that claim it's designed to limit payouts to only a narrow definition of compromise.

Many of these arguments quickly descend into theoretical issues rather than practical advice. I am not qualified to evaluate any of the analysis.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-16-19 04:21 PM
    I am not trying to discredit Telegraph. I'm just identifying the issues that some in the cryptography community have with their encryption and data retention practices. There have to been academic and needy articles written about approaches to breaking their encryption, and analyses of their bounty program that claim it's designed to limit payouts to only a narrow definition of compromise.

Many of these arguments quickly descend into theoretical issues rather than practical advice. I am not qualified to evaluate any of the analysis.
    Most things on CrackBerry are probably more theoretical or at least with less data available.

But hey, that's how Crackberrians roll...
    05-16-19 04:34 PM
67 123