And BBM cant do the same?

There's an on going thread called "whatsapp beta testing" in our very own forums.

They listen to people complaints and feature request directly.

Whatsapp for BlackBerry 10 was updated today and now has feature parity with iOS whatsapp.

BBM still havent sorted out some very basic features and functionality especially on iOS.

Ever wonder why whatsapp is worth 17 billion? Its simple reasons like this.

Where is our direct channel for BBM support?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    koebi90 likes this.
    03-12-14 07:05 AM
    There ARE members of BlackBerry that frequent the forums, the developers of BBM and the developer relations folks are also quite responsive on twitter, etc. They have also given CB interviews in the past. Dont worry, they are out there
    Pete The Penguin and stlabrat like this.
    03-12-14 07:09 AM
    Hi there, I am using a blackberry torch 9800. The problem is that when I am in places where data is weak I understand that I am unable to receive messages or sent out messages at that time. However, when I move on to places where data is strong from the place where data is weak, it still shows the clockface beside my messages(there was no issue regarding connection problem as I am able to browse the internet smoothly) and I am unable to sent out and sent in messages till I do a soft reboot on the phone.

I believe there is a better solution to this than soft reboot everytime. Kindly assist me in my problem. Thanks.
    03-12-14 07:10 AM
    You should probably toss that ****ty Torch and get a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and pgg101 like this.
    03-12-14 11:28 PM
    WhatsApp can suck my ****, sir!

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    03-13-14 05:52 PM
    They have their own forums actually, but I see what your saying. They should be tapping the much larger user base of CrackBerry. Perhaps if there any BlackBerry Devs looking through here you can ask the higher-ups to frequent these and other forums to ask about fixes and suggestions instead of relying solely on the Beta Zone.
    03-13-14 06:14 PM
    Its just really annoying that BBM still havent sorted out simple things like unread messages in a group chat and mute notifications for groups on ios and android.

How hard can those 2 things be?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:10 AM
    Bbm is horrible. I used it for the first time with a friend yesterday and I had to search the Internet in order to find out how to add him once he sent me his pin. We then tried a voice call and the connection was horrible even though we both used wifi. Also, if you first need everyone's pin in order to chat with them, it's so much more complicated than the way what's app does it with the phone number.

I don't see how people would use bbm unless they are forced to by their company.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:15 AM
    I prefer not to give out my phone number online, or to use it as my ID. With BBM I can chat with people I just met online, or with people who are not very close friends without giving out my personal information. Also BBM chats are encrypted instead of being sent "in the clear".

Privacy features like this are very important to many people, and are well worth the extra effort to invite someone to chat on BBM.

Close friends and family already have my phone number and can call me easily enough.

Bbm is horrible. I used it for the first time with a friend yesterday and I had to search the Internet in order to find out how to add him once he sent me his pin. We then tried a voice call and the connection was horrible even though we both used wifi. Also, if you first need everyone's pin in order to chat with them, it's so much more complicated than the way what's app does it with the phone number.

I don't see how people would use bbm unless they are forced to by their company.

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-14-14 08:02 AM
    Okay that's a valid reason. But it's a niche and what's app has lots of.advantages.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    u can just click a pin once it's sent to you.

U call an app horrible because of not knowing how to use it?

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert and stlabrat like this.
    03-14-14 09:15 AM
    If an experienced smartphone user has to look up how such a simple task like adding a pin, something is clearly wrong with the UI. It should be a lot more intuitive if you want more people to use it. And I could not click the pin to add the contact.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:08 AM
    What's with all these 'bbm and whatsapp' threads all of a sudden tho?
    Feels like back in October lol

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:16 AM
    BBM and Whatsapp are very good apps, let's just leave it at that lol...gawd!!

posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    eldricho likes this.
    03-14-14 10:23 AM
    I liked bbm and tried to convince my friends to use it but the experience yesterday was disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, the text "invite friend" in "invites" option were not enough for you?

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    03-14-14 11:29 AM
    Invite would send a message to a friend via email or whatever. I wanted to add him with his pin.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:44 AM
    Invite would send a message to a friend via email or whatever. I wanted to add him with his pin.

Posted via CB10
    Let me get this right , you go to "invites tab" click "invite to bbm" paste his pin in the field press "send" ...that was hard?

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-14-14 02:41 PM
    BBM is a laggfest on my Z30. Whatsapp is very user friendly and smooth.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:42 AM
    BBM is a laggfest on my Z30. Whatsapp is very user friendly and smooth.

Posted via CB10
    You mean to majority of your friends don't have pins?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:35 PM