So WhatsApp hasn't been working for me for about 3 hours now, and this really comes to show that FaceBook is ruining WhatsApp. I cannot remember a single WhatsApp outage in the past.
    What do you all say? I say this was a mistake, FaceBook shouldn't have bought WhatsApp according to me.
    02-22-14 03:35 PM
    No WA here, too.
    Germany, near Hamburg
    02-22-14 03:37 PM
    i think people are eventually going to get back on bbm
    02-22-14 03:38 PM
    Yeh Whatsapp down here too today, been around 4-5 hours so far:

Z10 - Vodafone UK
    Iphone 5 - O2 UK
    02-22-14 03:46 PM
    Whats-App is offline for only some users. Any user who has the 1 dollar a year fee still owing has had their account put on hold.

Emails are starting to be received by people from whatsapp about payment - but it's sporadic as a lot of people have details out of date.

As long as you paid up your fine.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-22-14 03:48 PM
    Whats-App is offline for only some users. Any user who has the 1 dollar a year fee still owing has had their account put on hold.

Emails are starting to be received by people from whatsapp about payment - but it's sporadic as a lot of people have details out of date.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Aww...Good to know.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-22-14 03:50 PM

Posted via CB from my LE
    (How to start a rumour)

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-22-14 03:52 PM
    So WhatsApp hasn't been working for me for about 3 hours now, and this really comes to show that FaceBook is ruining WhatsApp. I cannot remember a single WhatsApp outage in the past.
    What do you all say? I say this was a mistake, FaceBook shouldn't have bought WhatsApp according to me.
    There were 2 other outages in the last 4 month.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:53 PM
    i don't remember any outage for me, in the past year as far as i remember.
    02-22-14 03:54 PM
    Sound like something our beloved BlackBerry would do: hit the world with big news then follow up with an EPIC facepalm event!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:57 PM
    Sound like something our beloved BlackBerry would do: hit the world with big news then follow up with an EPIC facepalm event!

Posted via CB10

hahahahaha, love it! ;D
    02-22-14 03:59 PM
    i don't remember any outage for me, in the past year as far as i remember.

WhatsApp down!-img_20140222_235914.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:59 PM
    alright, that's cool. i said "i didn't experience any outage"
    sure, they must've had one, but i definitely didn't experience it, calm down
    02-22-14 04:00 PM
    Confirmed on tech crunch too. All my friends started chatting in our BBM group all the sudden, lol.

WhatsApp Is Down, Facebook’s New Acquisition Confirms Server Issues | TechCrunch
    02-22-14 04:19 PM
    I'll give you all a laugh...

I spoke to a work colleague on Friday and asked him about the whole WhatsApp being bought by Facebook kind of thing... and then I asked him about why he doesn't use BBM and his reply was, and I quote: -

"I don't use BBM, I just get the feeling it's used mainly by ret-ards!"

If I had any drinkable liquids in my mouth when I read that, my monitor would've been pebble dashed with a mixture of Nescafe Gold Blend and Cravendale Semi-skimmed milk!!

People continue to use WhatsApp on iOS and Android yet BBM gets completely looked over and, when you consider everything (security, actual reliability as well just general awesomeness) it utterly beggars believe that people still use WhatsApp over BBM

To quote Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear last weekend when he was reviewing the Zenvo ST1, that's like saying "I have 1,000,000 in my bank to spend on a supercar - no I don't want an Aston Martin or a Ferrari or a Porsche or a Lambourghini or a Pagani or a Bugatti... I want to spend 800,000 on a Danish Supercar that's unproven and made by a company nobody's ever heard of"

It's madness!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TallPaul86; 02-22-14 at 08:19 PM.
    02-22-14 04:42 PM