Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:18 PM
    10-22-13 10:46 PM
    Smells like feet!

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    10-22-13 10:52 PM
    Haha too damn funny! oh man.
    10-22-13 10:55 PM
    I'll find those humorous when BBM in any form amasses 350+ million active users, PER MONTH. Until then, both images just look like BlackBerry user pettiness.

WhatsApp’s monthly active user base climbs to 350 million
    A day after BlackBerry finally managed to push its BBM for Android and BBM for iPhone apps out the door, WhatsApp fired a warning shot to remind the struggling smartphone vendor of what it�s up against. BlackBerry touted on its BBM Twitter account that it activated more than 5 million new BBM users on Android and the iPhone in less than 8 hours, which is certainly an impressive feat. WhatsApp, however, now has 350 million monthly active users.
    10-22-13 11:01 PM
    We take what we can get. Now flip flop off

As well. Whatsapp has been multi platform, and multilingual for over 4 years.
    If the numbers keep going the way they are for bbm, they will be at that number of users in 35 days.

Just a guy saying....

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    Last edited by brosee; 10-22-13 at 11:17 PM.
    10-22-13 11:04 PM

If the numbers keep going the way they are for bbm, they will be at that number of users in 35 days.

Just a guy saying....

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    True that. Not fair to compare after 24 hours. Especially when people are still waiting for activation. How many downloads did Whatsapp have after its first 24 hours?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:32 AM
    I'll find those humorous when BBM in any form amasses 350+ million active users, PER MONTH. Until then, both images just look like BlackBerry user pettiness.

Per month? What exactly does that mean?

Posted from my Z10
    H_O_Boomaye and BB_Bmore like this.
    10-23-13 01:24 AM
    True that. Not fair to compare after 24 hours. Especially when people are still waiting for activation. How many downloads did Whatsapp have after its first 24 hours?

Posted via CB10

Posted from my Z10
    10-23-13 01:24 AM

Posted from my Z10
    He means 3 million monthly active users. Meaning not counting people who have downloaded the app, but do not use it.
    10-23-13 02:08 AM

WhatsApp�€™s monthly active user base climbs to 350 million
    SHhhhhh......obnoxious crowing and unsupported gloating is what we do here. All part of the laughing-stock program, and it sets up the bitter-conspiracy extension program. Honestly, most of the posts from these posters read like parody to me....it's incredible....BUT they seem to be serious.... :-O
    10-23-13 02:44 AM
    SHhhhhh......obnoxious crowing and unsupported gloating is what we do here. All part of the laughing-stock program, and it sets up the bitter-conspiracy extension program. Honestly, most of the posts from these posters read like parody to me....it's incredible....BUT they seem to be serious.... :-O
    Humans are just competitive and sometimes take certain products, sports teams, musicians or even a food too seriously. I am guilty of this too and will tell you Tom Brady is a jerk. I don't know Brady and have no proof of this but I am a Steelers fan. Steelers "could" have 2 more rings if not for Tom. I believe he is probably a decent dude but wouldn't want to admit it. Everyone has something too and is likely guilty of spewing nonsense to support whatever it is they are a fan of. You would be full of it if you said you never have and a hypocrite as well.

Whiskey is better than vodka! :-O Now I'm guessing you are going to want all of the facts and sales numbers of whiskey and vodka eh? ;p hahaha, I think people take this too seriously.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:01 AM

Also of interest is why you would want to pollute a lighthearted thread taking a fun, if not a fantasy-based, poke at the competition? This isn't Verge or BGR. It's a Blackberry fan site. Or did you think the OP just needed some 'guidance' and thought it was appropriate to rain on his parade?

'Retired Mod' kinda makes sense now.....
    Brandon Orr and Undbiter65 like this.
    10-23-13 06:33 AM
    Thanks for setting the community straight, Richard. Knew you couldn't stay away from a thread like this. You're just so much wiser than the average bear!
    richardat likes this.
    10-23-13 06:36 AM
    How does bbmx benefit me as a user of a bb10 device?
    10-23-13 07:07 AM
    How does bbmx benefit me as a user of a bb10 device?
    Is that question for real..?
    To paraphrase Richardat:
    Some posts read like parody, but the posters seem to be serious.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:31 AM
    Is that question for real..?
    To paraphrase Richardat:
    Some posts read like parody, but the posters seem to be serious.

Posted via CB10
    If you want to discuss literary intent hit up a Shakespeare forum buddy.
    10-23-13 07:38 AM
    Which word are you having trouble with? Per or month?
    Rickroller likes this.
    10-23-13 07:59 AM
    I guess you really are graceless...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:11 AM
    I guess you really are graceless...
    Yawn!!
    10-23-13 08:14 AM
    Obvious troll is obvious. Why should he/she (most likely he) bother us. Come on guys were better than him/her

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:16 AM
    Now now children!

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    10-23-13 08:27 AM
    IRT the OP, it's called MARKETING. I know it may be a foreign concept here, but other companies do it.

Microsoft and other companies have given away T-Shirts with their branding, for example. Why? It should be plainly obvious why...

Just a guy saying....

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    It is much harder to gain factorably amounts of NEW users when you have 300M active users.

It's much easier to gain active users when you have a very small comparative user base.

This is why Facebook Messenger experienced massive growth, as well as Google Hangouts - however, as their user base grows and time goes on, these things tend to plateau. It's impressive that WhatsApp continues to grow at that rate... They have done well for themselves, and made some nice deals (like Preloading on some Asha phones with a WhatsApp button, deals with Carriers to give unlimited WhatsApp messaging in some plans). These are the types of things (along the lines) that Jim Balsilie wanted to do with BBM, but his idea was destroyed.

WhatsApp is becoming the SMS 2.0 that JB wanted to implement.

WhatsApp and Skype have to work harder, since they already have such a large slice of the market. It's like Windows... It's much harder for Microsoft to gain 1% Marketshare than it is for Apple, because they already have about 90% or so while Apple has more non-Apple users to poach to their platform.

The impressive thing about WhatApp is that those aren't simply downloads. Those are ACTIVE USERS. BBM has been out for like 2 days or less. We will have to see how many of those downloads they can retain as users to see if they will be able to usurp WhatsApp.

They will certainly not do it in 35 days, and given the issues they've faced I don't even know if their servers could handle that type of load (350M Active Users).
    richardat likes this.
    10-23-13 09:18 AM
27 12