Here's one for you...how about making voice calls while on an airplane on their wifi! they block all the other voips but not bbm. I get BBM video in planes as well.

Try that with skype!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 03:54 PM
    I used to use BBM voice to call my girlfriend in Winnipeg while I lived in the states. I had Canada added to my plan so I could have called her regularly as well but BBM voice was always SUPER clear and sounded like she was in the room. It was always soooo much nicer being able to hear her voice and it actually sound like her instead of random cell phone static and a muffled voice in the background.
    07-28-14 03:59 PM
    I spent the month of June, in Europe, Asia and Africa, BBM, BBM voice and BBM video were spectacular on this trip, never failed me once, calling Canada, USA and Turkey. Most used BBM voice and then video, absolutely would not want to travel without it.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-28-14 04:00 PM
    Honestly it is probably the best quality call you could experience. Even between two Z10's, it sounds like the person you are talking to is right beside you. If it's quite on the other end you can hear birds chirping in the background if there is any. I enjoy using BBM Voice and Video alot!

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2174
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-28-14 04:01 PM
    They let you return the iPhone after 30 days?

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    I don't know of any carriers around here that do not allow you to return your phone within 30 days
    07-30-14 04:48 PM
    I don't know of any carriers around here that do not allow you to return your phone within 30 days
    Within != after.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    07-30-14 10:09 PM
    My carrier offers 30 days to return or exchange a new phone. SaskTel.

Q10, Z10, best ever Z30
    07-30-14 11:24 PM
    I'm going to skip all the posts and just say... for my girl and I it's amazing. no matter where i am in the world I can call her and the quality is amazing. It almost makes you think they are in the room. It's very soothing to hear her clear voice tell me goodnight before drifting off to sleep. It's just awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:01 AM
    Here's one for you...how about making voice calls while on an airplane on their wifi! they block all the other voips but not bbm. I get BBM video in planes as well.

Try that with skype!!!!

Posted via CB10
    What kind of shi*** airline blocks Skype on their on-flight WiFi:s? I've never had problems using Skype on various airplane WiFi:s.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    07-31-14 03:48 AM
    My gf traveled around the world for 3 months and BBM voice kept us connected!

No roaming fees AND - most important - the voice quality of a BBM voice call is around 4 times better than a regular cell phone call!

A lot better than Skype imho!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-31-14 03:52 AM
    I hope this reply is deleted quickly if only so as to preserve a unique benefit. Imagine going through financial difficulties and your carrier shuts off your service. Having gone all wireless, you have no land line therefore no means of contacting anyone in the outside world. With wi-fi, you can still use BBM voice and call the important people in your life. Going cross platform means you can expand your contact list to A LOT of others and have a crystal clear phone call despite a delinquent wireless bill. Now quickly delete this. Carriers will find a work around and snatch this away if overly publicized. Please delete!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:11 PM
    I hope this reply is deleted quickly if only so as to preserve a unique benefit. Imagine going through financial difficulties and your carrier shuts off your service. Having gone all wireless, you have no land line therefore no means of contacting anyone in the outside world. With wi-fi, you can still use BBM voice and call the important people in your life. Going cross platform means you can expand your contact list to A LOT of others and have a crystal clear phone call despite a delinquent wireless bill. Now quickly delete this. Carriers will find a work around and snatch this away if overly publicized. Please delete!!!

Posted via CB10
    Delete it yourself, but now that I have quoted it, it's pointless.

The world is going more and more VOIP. It's cheaper, and as networks get more reliable, it will work better. There is nothing they can really do, except for intentionally degrade your VOIP data, which is something that has been proven for Netflix bs to extract fees between backbone providers.
    07-31-14 09:09 PM
    It's a great idea! Especially for international calls. BBM needs more advertising especially in countries where BlackBerry isn't so popular because I'd rather use it than e.g. Skype or whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:25 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback!!

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-01-14 08:42 AM
    I recently did a BBM voice and BBM Video call while on a wifi enabled United Airlines at 39,000 feet. They don't have it blocked and it works perfect! Gave my wife a tour of the plane, and a view looking out the window while flying from New York to St. Johns. Try making a regular cell call at 39,000 feet.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-01-14 11:53 AM
    Call a friend in another continent by phone for 30 minutes, then make a BBM call to the same person if possible for the same 30 minutes. Compare the charges.

Let us know which is cheaper.
    Exactly.. I'm currently away on holiday, and calling home is very simple via BBM Voice. I even do Video.

Just connect to WiFi and they are on WiFi back home and away I go.. free call (100%)

Posted via my sexy all black Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-01-14 02:02 PM
    What kind of shi*** airline blocks Skype on their on-flight WiFi:s? I've never had problems using Skype on various airplane WiFi:s.
    Wow even with that latency?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    08-01-14 09:22 PM
    Delete it yourself, but now that I have quoted it, it's pointless.

The world is going more and more VOIP. It's cheaper, and as networks get more reliable, it will work better. There is nothing they can really do, except for intentionally degrade your VOIP data, which is something that has been proven for Netflix bs to extract fees between backbone providers.
    I actually hate the idea of VoLTE since it's essentially measured UMA service when it should be free since it's cheaper for carriers to run. They should just charge us for data and be done with measured minutes when on VoLTE.

I have unlimited calling, texting and data, but still. Haha

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    08-01-14 09:27 PM
43 12