i invited all my friends to use BBM but i have no contacts, very depressing
    Transition takes some time. Contacts will come.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    11-04-13 10:25 AM
    WhatsApp is not even close to 100%. When I send something in WA, I'm only about 75% confident it will ever arrive, and only about 50% confident it will arrive quickly. When something is urgent, I have to send a text.

In the past, with BBM, I was 100% sure it would arrive right away. No if's, and's or but's. Sadly, BBM is resembling WhatsApp vis-a-vis reliability, and I have to resort to texting for time-sensitive messages. Hope they can get it back closer to 100% x-platform.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that WhatsApp didn't perform as well for you than it did for me. In all the years I am using it, I never lost a single message, and I'm using it to communicate all over the world. As a matter of fact, it has been way more reliable than texting (especially internationally), which isn't that much of a surprise given that texting was never designed with reliability in mind. Maybe I'm just lucky.

As said in my other post, I like BBM and look forward to its succes, but I don't see why I should force my pals into switching. More so as BBM on iOS and Android apparently fails to its promise as of now.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:27 AM
    Transition takes some time. Contacts will come.

My words. Once ppl see an advantage they'll switch happily, no further convincing needed. I think it's of utmost importance though that BlackBerry sees to BBM becoming as good an experience on other platforms as it is on their own. If not, ppl will drop it very fast, and bringing them to try it again after bad experience will cost WAY more. Therefore I prefer leaving it to time to pull ppl in. Trying to talk them into switching or even trying to force them by shutting down other ways of connecting is probably not only not helpful but indeed harmful. Bad news always spreads faster and wider than good news, and once your reputation is scratched, it needs a lot of polishing to make it shine again. I don't think I'm telling anybody anything new here...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:40 AM
    My words. Once ppl see an advantage they'll switch happily, no further convincing needed. I think it's of utmost importance though that BlackBerry sees to BBM becoming as good an experience on other platforms as it is on their own. If not, ppl will drop it very fast, and bringing them to try it again after bad experience will cost WAY more. Therefore I prefer leaving it to time to pull ppl in. Trying to talk them into switching or even trying to force them by shutting down other ways of connecting is probably not only not helpful but indeed harmful. Bad news always spreads faster and wider than good news, and once your reputation is scratched, it needs a lot of polishing to make it shine again. I don't think I'm telling anybody anything new here...

Posted via CB10
    Sure. Sometimes people really don't like it when you force it. BBM will keep adding people everyday. The important is to improve the app and people will naturally come. But, I can assure you that the five people i persuade in two weeks to join BBM have the same feeling: the best app of its kind.

11-04-13 11:09 AM
    Sure. Sometimes people really don't like it when you force it. BBM will keep adding people everyday. The important is to improve the app and people will naturally come. But, I can assure you that the five people i persuade in two weeks to join BBM have the same feeling: the best app of its kind.

Couldn't agree more!

Glad your buddies like it!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 11:53 AM
30 12