I just created a group to discuss and play poker with my friends. With this, I'm bringing more users to BBM. They were already using Whatsapp and i think they will still be using it (at least for now). But, all of them told me that BBM is better. The problem, of course, is still the lack of users, but we hope this will be minimized soon. 7 people playing with me. 7 new BBM users just because of poker. I still have added others that will not play poker. At least, it's a good start.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by diogoteixeira87; 11-03-13 at 07:24 AM.
    phonejunky and BernardK like this.
    11-03-13 12:14 AM
    I know almost nobody very well that has an Android or iPhone (at least nobody that I text with) and nobody that has a BlackBerry. My whole family uses Windows Phone, so nothing for me.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-03-13 12:17 AM
    Nothing now. I convinced my friends to download it and formed a group, only to be embarrassed by the unreliability and the complete foul up of the group when I tried moving my BBM to my iPad just for fun. It's too humiliating to try and push people to BBM right now. Hope they straighten it all out ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:19 AM
    karma blows eh.
    11-03-13 12:32 AM
    I deleted Whatsapp and the ppl who want stay connected with have to download BBM and i have now converted lit ppl and i was surprised that they used it actively now not only to chat with me.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    BernardK likes this.
    11-03-13 01:31 AM
    I ain't bring them to BBM, but they asked my pin after the launching of BBM. Lol

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    11-03-13 01:34 AM
    I created bbm gif's to promote it more.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:48 AM
    I have my pin in my email signature.

Posted via CB10
    phonejunky likes this.
    11-03-13 04:07 AM
    I know almost nobody very well that has an Android or iPhone (at least nobody that I text with) and nobody that has a BlackBerry. My whole family uses Windows Phone, so nothing for me.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    That's bad. I hope you can experience BBM soon.

11-03-13 07:25 AM
    Nothing now. I convinced my friends to download it and formed a group, only to be embarrassed by the unreliability and the complete foul up of the group when I tried moving my BBM to my iPad just for fun. It's too humiliating to try and push people to BBM right now. Hope they straighten it all out ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    I see. I can't compare BBM with the other app that I was using (WhatsApp) right now because I deleted WhatsApp a couple months ago. but, comparing my previous WhatsApp experience an my now BBM experience, i think BBM is still a lil bit ahead even not being perfect as I wish. As you said, hope for small fixes in the following days.

11-03-13 07:30 AM
    I just bring it up to my friends, explain what it is, and if they want help them download it.

I'm active on social networks as well.

Posted with my Q10
    11-03-13 08:22 AM
    I see. I can't compare BBM with the other app that I was using (WhatsApp) right now because I deleted WhatsApp a couple months ago. but, comparing my previous WhatsApp experience an my now BBM experience, i think BBM is still a lil bit ahead even not being perfect as I wish. As you said, hope for small fixes in the following days.

I am hopeful BBM will be better, but right now it is amost exactly like Whatsapp for me. When I send a message (to iOS or Android), I get a check, but only sometimes get a D. It doesn't have the reliability it has with other BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:25 AM
    The problem I am having is almost all my friends don't have at least Ice cream Sandwich, they are stuck on Gingerbread.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CB Forums mobile app
    11-03-13 12:23 PM
    I don't try to have them move to bbm, there's no real big advantage I could point out (and apparently even worse, there's issues still with bbm on other platforms). Most use WhatsApp, which works 100% reliably for years already and provides about the same functionality. So why should anybody go through the hassle of converting his entire circle of friends?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:40 PM
    I deleted my Whatsapp account and told my friends if they want to message me they have to either download BBM or use regular SMS. Although I think this strategy would work better if I was a hot chick.
    11-03-13 12:43 PM
    I deleted my Whatsapp account and told my friends if they want to message me they have to either download BBM or use regular SMS. Although I think this strategy would work better if I was a hot chick.
    Hahahha!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:05 PM
    Huhauahuaau... great! :P

11-04-13 05:52 AM
    I don't try to have them move to bbm, there's no real big advantage I could point out (and apparently even worse, there's issues still with bbm on other platforms). Most use WhatsApp, which works 100% reliably for years already and provides about the same functionality. So why should anybody go through the hassle of converting his entire circle of friends?

Posted via CB10
    I can't exactly say that Whatsapp is 100% reliable. But, as you said, it works. Still, I believe in BBM in a long term because of all its structure and service enhancement with the add of new features.

11-04-13 05:57 AM
    The problem I am having is almost all my friends don't have at least Ice cream Sandwich, they are stuck on Gingerbread.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah. This is a problem at this moment. Probably won't be in one or two years with the update of android OS, that's why I believe BBM has a long term strategy.

11-04-13 06:00 AM
    Remove my whatapps. Only bbm used for messaging!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:30 AM
    I can't exactly say that Whatsapp is 100% reliable. But, as you said, it works. Still, I believe in BBM in a long term because of all its structure and service enhancement with the add of new features.

WhatsApp is not even close to 100%. When I send something in WA, I'm only about 75% confident it will ever arrive, and only about 50% confident it will arrive quickly. When something is urgent, I have to send a text.

In the past, with BBM, I was 100% sure it would arrive right away. No if's, and's or but's. Sadly, BBM is resembling WhatsApp vis-a-vis reliability, and I have to resort to texting for time-sensitive messages. Hope they can get it back closer to 100% x-platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:10 AM
    i invited all my friends to use BBM but i have no contacts, very depressing
    11-04-13 08:02 AM
    I have done absolutely nothing mainly because I am lazy and antisocial, most of my friends are like me a bit odd a bit geeky whose main joint interest is arguing with each other [debating with insults], over the top practical jokes and falling off motorcycles but not so much now that it is hurting more every time.
    A couple of my family have joined from Android.

The problem is not attracting new members it is keeping them
    11-04-13 08:30 AM

I agree with you on that BBM is technically better (at least on BB). But it's not ahead enough for people to go through the trouble of setting it all up, moving over all their contacts. BBM definitely has the capability to take over, but only if it gets significantly ahead of the competition which in turn, isn't sleeping neither.

Being used to WhatsApp I didn't feel completely comfortable right off in BBM, as is to be expected. I like it though, but even on my BlackBerry the difference isn't breath taking.

Additionally, ppl don't want to use several services, they want one for all their contacts, thus having WhatsApp alongside BBM isn't an option for many. Enough a few of your contacts are not into switching to BBM and you're left with two messaging systems.

I do hope BBM spreads and lives up to its potential. If it does, there won't be any need to try and lure ppl over, they will come by themselves.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:16 AM
    WhatsApp is not even close to 100%. When I send something in WA, I'm only about 75% confident it will ever arrive, and only about 50% confident it will arrive quickly. When something is urgent, I have to send a text.

In the past, with BBM, I was 100% sure it would arrive right away. No if's, and's or but's. Sadly, BBM is resembling WhatsApp vis-a-vis reliability, and I have to resort to texting for time-sensitive messages. Hope they can get it back closer to 100% x-platform.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I feel 100% with BBM when chatting with other BlackBerry. With iPhone and Android, not really (specially with iphone), but since the beginning of BBMX, I see some improvement with these OS. But, not perfect yet. Same feeling as you. But, as I said, still ahead os WhatsApp.

11-04-13 10:24 AM
30 12