BBM should never show contacts that I'm online or anything like it does not currently. I'm afraid BBM just might follow a few others with this thing. I hope this never happens. Otherwise BBM is still the KING and I love it more than any other app. Thanks BlackBerry.

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    06-05-15 02:29 PM
    And BTW others can share what they don't wanna see in BBM

06-05-15 02:30 PM
    Isn't the showing of BBM voice and chat icons imply they are online? BBM is always connected, so I think you're worried over nothing.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:21 PM
    Isn't the showing of BBM voice and chat icons imply they are online? BBM is always connected, so I think you're worried over nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Technically yes, but no, it shows you are on-the-line but does not (like whatsapp does) show that a user has the app active on their phone and is in the app

Check Out TechCraze
    BCITMike likes this.
    06-05-15 04:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not anymore since the latest update, but they say it's back, glad it is.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:13 PM
    Technically yes, but no, it shows you are on-the-line but does not (like whatsapp does) show that a user has the app active on their phone and is in the app

Check Out TechCraze
    BBM runs in the background on all platforms, no? Or just on BB10?

In other words, I don't think you can turn BBM off... so as long as my phone has data connectivity, BBM is online.
    06-05-15 10:10 PM
    Yeah, there is absolutely no problem with BBM being active or online 24/7. But it should not be showing the contacts that we are online (like WhatsApp and other stupid apps).

06-06-15 12:57 AM
    BBM runs in the background on all platforms, no? Or just on BB10?

In other words, I don't think you can turn BBM off... so as long as my phone has data connectivity, BBM is online.
    Yes BBM will be reachable but if the voice calling icon is not active it means they are not currently active on the app, so you somehow get to know if they have the app opened in the background or not, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:41 PM
    Yes BBM will be reachable but if the voice calling icon is not active it means they are not currently active on the app, so you somehow get to know if they have the app opened in the background or not, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Check Out TechCraze
    06-06-15 03:35 PM
    Can anybody help me I have BlackBerry Z10 and I have used couple of time Bbm time retraction option... now it's saying to subscribe to use it back... could anybody tell me...!! is that a paid option for everyone ?? or is that me facing that problem....???

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. I have 10 BBM contacts. All of them show "available" under their name if I enter a chat except for one (actually, I think it says available in another language).
    All of them have BBM voice icon except for the iOS contact.

I have a hard time believing all 10 of us are on our phones actively at the same time. I think one of those contacts might be a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 04:58 PM
    2BF2ECA5 you know what to do

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:23 AM
    You can turn off your 'last seen' status on Whatsapp under privacy settings. But if you turn yours off, you won't be able to see anyone else's status.
    06-07-15 11:46 AM
    I don't think so. I have 10 BBM contacts. All of them show "available" under their name if I enter a chat except for one (actually, I think it says available in another language).
    All of them have BBM voice icon except for the iOS contact.

I have a hard time believing all 10 of us are on our phones actively at the same time. I think one of those contacts might be a PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    You don't understand BBM at all, the "available" that you see is user set, so I can set it to available and delete the app later and it'll still be "available".

What I'm talking about is the voice call icon that it's color fades away when not active ( not working in the current version) when that voice icon looks dull or faded away it means the user is not active on the app, only works on BlackBerry devices and only shows if the person is active if that person has an Android or iPhone. Hope I helped.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 01:14 PM
    You can turn off your 'last seen' status on Whatsapp under privacy settings. But if you turn yours off, you won't be able to see anyone else's status.
    You can turn off last seen, but it still shows if you're "online" at the moment

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 01:41 PM