I got the z10 but I don't have anyone to bbm

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:33 AM
    I think that's because you added yourself on bbm when you were using the old bbm but in the z10 you can't see yourself or add yourself it only appears as an update

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's possible to add yourself...i never had a problem with the old bbm... That's what i meant, your own status change appears as an update...that IS the bug.
    04-16-13 12:40 PM
    I don't think it's possible to add yourself...i never had a problem with the old bbm... That's what i meant, your own status change appears as an update...that IS the bug.
    In the old bbm it was possible. Add your own pin and you will be able to see yourself as a contact. I usually ping myself to see if the bbm is working hahaha.

In the new bbm it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:28 PM
    It is a bug. Thought I was going nuts.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:32 AM
    It is a bug. Thought I was going nuts.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe this is the way it should be in the new BBM? Honestly, I prefer it this way so we would know if BBM is actually working or it is down.
    04-17-13 11:03 AM
    Maybe this is the way it should be in the new BBM? Honestly, I prefer it this way so we would know if BBM is actually working or it is down.
    Interesting theory.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:57 AM
    I think that's because you added yourself on bbm when you were using the old bbm but in the z10 you can't see yourself or add yourself it only appears as an update

Posted via CB10
    No i never added myself at no point in time, on any phone. Why would i need to? (don't answer that)
    04-17-13 04:40 PM
    Wouldn't it be easier, not to mention more convenient to simply add a "test" option?? Besides, whenever bbm is down it usually shows an x instead of delivered...i don't need further confirmation than that, and if i did i would just call or text the person and see if it's working for them.
    04-17-13 04:47 PM
    Wouldn't it be easier, not to mention more convenient to simply add a "test" option?? Besides, whenever bbm is down it usually shows an x instead of delivered...i don't need further confirmation than that, and if i did i would just call or text the person and see if it's working for them.
    I think it would be a great idea to have an option for that, something like a "status" of the BBM server such as WhatsApp got one. Yes, that's brilliant! But I highly doubt it will be implemented in any update since it will cause enough lags to the BBM server itself unless I'm wrong here.
    Loc22 likes this.
    04-17-13 05:26 PM
    1)They need to fix the BBM Avatar issue as half my contacts don't have pictures when in reality they do (anyone else facing this problem?)

2) The non stop recent updates and the non stop "person x changed their display picture when they're not really changing and are still showing the silhouette of a male man.
    I have half my bbm contacts missing pics. Yet they do have pics.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CJH_; 04-20-13 at 09:34 PM.
    04-19-13 08:00 PM
    Share controls

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:02 PM
    A option to block broadcast from some individuals. It's very annoying getting broadcast ft some people yet we need their bbm

Thank you and Welcome
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    04-20-13 01:48 AM
    Fix the contact missing picture issue. More sounds for different contacts.

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard and BCMike like this.
    04-20-13 09:45 AM
    -send unlimited number of files at once instead of 1 by 1
    - CROSS PLATFORM!! :P i know its not happening any time soon (never? ) but id like to see it
    Loc22 likes this.
    04-24-13 07:59 PM
    I would also like to see cross platform. Or blend txt msg app with bbm on my blackberry so I only have one IM app to manage

via CB10 on ZED10
    04-25-13 07:36 AM
    Option to send or request higher resolution pictures.

Thank you and Welcome
    04-27-13 08:36 AM
    Option to send or request higher resolution pictures.

Thank you and Welcome
    You can. Long press a received pic in BBM and a menu will show.
    04-27-13 08:54 AM
    Running the leak should I say 10.1 beta.

Still some flaws,annoyance ,and need to add/improve.

Flaw: They added the picture editor into the display picture which we wanted.It also auto crops to BB display picture size by default.Which is cool for some pictures but crop cuts out pieces of pictures no?? I'd still much rather resize instead off cut people out of group pictures.I could load any picture size before and just resize it.Why cant we do this now??

Annoyance: I say the active frame going through all history even previous days instead of just recent updates.It might be a catch 22 here some people might not have caught updates from a day ago the frame could show them that.But considering we are people of today its a dud for me the minimum they can do is create option in frame mode that allows default history view or just 5-10 updates.

Annoyance: The odd writing text still around clash we emoticon code or something..

Flaw: If you change your display pic it just does it to your profile period.No confirmation nothing just changes.If you want to write a status that matches your picture and then post it at once cant do so.In legacy software I could make changes to pictures and status text without it actually changing my profile.As I finished editing and was exiting my profile I was asked to confirm changes.Can we get this back.

Need to improve/add:

Cut down the steps to view changed display pictures.Some people put up hilarious pics up .Right now to see someones avatar pic you have to hold down their update section move to view profile ,go into that ,then tap the pic.Than swipe twice to go back to updates.Thats not very fast too many steps.

Why cant we just go to updates and just tap their picture to see a full pic??
    Also the charm bar you hold down to bring up options to start chat and view profile need tweaking.The charm consist of 3 options Open chat,view profile,hide updates.They need new placement.There should only be 2 options in charm bar view profile and hide updates.

1.There's no need for the option to start chat when in updates you tap on a persons update and you get into a chat.So I don't see the need for it to be an option in the charm bar.

2.If you want to view someones profile in updates you hold down their update ,then have to glide to the right then move down or up depending where you on the screen.Not very gesture intuitive or smooth or quick.If you remove start chat option in charm bar.Is there a way possible for the charm bar option to appear exactly side by side to where we hold down?? That way in updates we can hold down and then just slide across to view profile.In my mind just seems smoother.

3.The hide updates of people should be the second option under see profile in the charm. It shouldn't be at the bottom just doesn't seem a smooth transition.The current setup is to menu centric and not gesture intuitive for user.

I Haven't tested gifs yet but thats all i got for now.
    b_n_s likes this.
    04-30-13 07:54 AM
    What i love about the whats app application is that you can view when was the last time the person was on the app..so on bbm to be able to see the time the person was on last
    05-01-13 02:57 PM
    can sending picture at confrence chat
    05-01-13 11:30 PM
    Need the legacy zoom crop assign pics for all contacts,
    Want Social Feeds,
    Want ability to push email or message to calendar, not just to Reminder
    05-06-13 11:43 PM
    Connect between BlackBerry Smartphone and PC.
    05-10-13 08:25 AM
    Advanced WiFi and Bluetooth protection to secure our connection while contacting to others device
    05-15-13 01:41 AM
    1. Ping vibration
    2. When sending broadcast we used to be able to choose categories then selecting them all but this is not available
    05-17-13 12:17 PM
    I would like to have the option of channel posts changing my bbm profile and picture. Or better yet having my status and picture changes logged on my personal channel.

via CB10 on ZED10
    05-20-13 05:56 PM
130 ... 23456