I'm using Classic.I'm sure know BBM for BB10 is still working now,but almost all my friends (except one) are using android or iOS.
    They cannot use BBMo,but BBMe is expensive for them.
    They use only free apps.

I tried Whatsapp and Line and Telegram.
    Those are no good for me because all of them need my phone number.I cant stand to expose my phone number to unreliable company or people.(I think BBM is the great in this point)
    What is the best,or at least better?

My conditions are;
    totally free
    No needed phone number (or facebook account)
    secure as possible
    cross platform,at least available on 3,Android,IOS,and blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by B B Mens in Japan; 07-19-19 at 11:29 AM.
    07-19-19 11:05 AM
    I'm using Classic.I'm sure know BBM for BB10 is still working now,but almost all my friends (except one) are using android or iOS.
    They use only free apps.

Those are no good for me because all of them need my phone number.I cant stand to expose my phone number to unreliable company or people.(I think BBM is the great in this point)

My conditions are;
    totally free
    secure as possible

Posted via CB10
    Get a virtual number to open your account with Telegram or Signal. You won't need to use it again when setting up on multiple devices.

https://www.techjunkie.com/use-teleg...-phone-number/
    07-19-19 12:01 PM
    mmm...is it secure?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-19 12:10 PM
    They use only free apps.

My conditions are;
    totally free
    secure as possible

Posted via CB10
    There is no FREE service. If called so, you will pay with your data/metadata.
    07-19-19 12:22 PM
    Nope.

Telegram and Signal are both funded with donations - neither monetises your data.
    kbz1960 and John Albert like this.
    07-19-19 01:01 PM
    mmm...is it secure?

Posted via CB10
    Signal is the most secure messaging app on the planet, no doubt about that.

Telegram is much more full-featured, but end-to-end encryption has to be selected on a per-chat basis. It is otherwise on everyone's top 5 list of most secure apps.

Both Signal and Telegram secret chats have automatic message expiry - the gold standard of secure messaging.
    07-19-19 01:04 PM
    Signal is the most secure messaging app on the planet, no doubt about that.

Telegram is much more full-featured, but end-to-end encryption has to be selected on a per-chat basis. It is otherwise on everyone's top 5 list of most secure apps.

Both Signal and Telegram secret chats have automatic message expiry - the gold standard of secure messaging.
    My friend said,Telegram is not reliable,because he was added to group forcibly when someone invited him.
    In BBM,we can choice deny or allow to join the group,at same situation.

I think so too.I mean,I want to deny to joining the group without blocking anyone of group members. I could'nt find such function in Telegram.

How is Signal?
    Or,Threema?Though it's not free.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-19 08:17 PM
    Agreed.
    Also, for all those 3rd party, partly add based apps that DO SHARE and keep your personal info and some of them chats, there is even worse fact.
    You have to give your own phone number-that means carrier name-that means your adress and most sensitive info...
    Ofcourse you can cheat and create virtual number to register, but that is just going arround of that problem.
    BBMe is the Best and most secure app. Period.
    Also Feature most rich.
    07-20-19 07:58 AM
    They use only free apps.

My conditions are;
    totally free
    secure as possible

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you! They are not safe! Viber even saves your chat on their servers...
    You must give ur number to register...
    BBMe is by far the best app!
    07-20-19 07:59 AM
    Ofcourse you can cheat and create virtual number to register, but that is just going arround of that problem.
    Yes, it certainly is going around the problem. And it takes about 5 minutes.

https://www.techjunkie.com/use-teleg...-phone-number/
    07-20-19 09:04 AM
    Agreed.
    Also, for all those 3rd party, partly add based apps that DO SHARE and keep your personal info and some of them chats, there is even worse fact.
    You have to give your own phone number-that means carrier name-that means your adress and most sensitive info...
    BBMe is the Best and most secure app. Period.
    Also Feature most rich.
    Pffft on feature most. That's laughable
    07-20-19 10:29 AM
    Viber even saves your chat on their servers...
    "At Viber, we don’t read your messages, listen to your calls or scan your images. We don’t use your private conversation content to make profit, we can’t even access it. This is thanks to our end-to-end encryption, set by default on all chats and calls and our policy to destroy all encrypted content from our servers once it has been delivered. Our commitment to your privacy is a reality. It’s part of our core values."
    07-20-19 10:42 AM
    "At Viber, we don’t read your messages, listen to your calls or scan your images. We don’t use your private conversation content to make profit, we can’t even access it. This is thanks to our end-to-end encryption, set by default on all chats and calls and our policy to destroy all encrypted content from our servers once it has been delivered. Our commitment to your privacy is a reality. It’s part of our core values."
    It doesn't have to mean it is truth if they say it
    07-20-19 11:50 AM
    Pffft on feature most. That's laughable
    I don't see any other app have timed messages, group ping fully customisable, individual ping (now called priority message), full read and delivery reports (even in groups)...
    07-20-19 11:51 AM
    I don't see any other app have timed messages, group ping fully customisable, individual ping (now called priority message), full read and delivery reports (even in groups)...
    You're picking and choosing features. If we did that with Telegram, I'd have a list of features 2 pages long that BBMe doesn't have.
    kbz1960 and TgeekB like this.
    07-20-19 11:57 AM
    It doesn't have to mean it is truth if they say it
    But you believe BlackBerry.

I know no one has ever done an independent security audit of BBMe, and I'm pretty sure you haven't either.
    07-20-19 11:57 AM
    Yes I do. All huge companies and state administrations for sure didn't /don't use BBMe for no reason. It clearly is safest and most private app
    07-20-19 11:59 AM
    All huge companies and state administrations for sure didn't /don't use BBMe for no reason.

It clearly is safest and most private app
    [2 citations needed]
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-20-19 12:03 PM
    Yes I do. All huge companies and state administrations for sure didn't /don't use BBMe for no reason. It clearly is safest and most private app
    And we know big companies never make mistakes with security or other choices. That never happens.

But right now most companies in the world are using anything but BBMe. So how does that fit with the “if big companies trust X then I trust X also” principle?
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-20-19 12:33 PM
    Clearly.
    07-20-19 01:01 PM
    Huge companies use a dead platform 😂😂😂
    07-20-19 03:20 PM
    Huge companies use a dead platform 😂😂😂
    Call it what you like, we users are very happy with it
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-20-19 03:28 PM

I know no one has ever done an independent security audit of BBMe, and I'm pretty sure you haven't either.
    Neither did you
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    07-20-19 03:29 PM
    Neither did you
    Yes, but you're making the claim that Viber is perhaps lying. If you choose to go down that path, you would have to question BlackBerry too.
    07-20-19 04:08 PM
    Call it what you like, we users are very happy with it
    If you simply made it about preference, there would be no argument. However, you choose instead to make absolute claims like "it is the most secure" , "it is the safest" , "it is the most private" , and "it has the most features".

The burden of proof now rests with you.

In the meantime, the encryption of Telegram, Signal, WhatsApp and others have been audited by independent security analysts. Telegram still offers a $200,000 bounty to any hacker who can break it.

Zerodium has put up to a $500,000 bounty for zero-day vulnerabilities on Signal, Telegram, FB Messenger, and up to $1,000,000 on WhatsApp and iMessage.
    Last edited by conite; 07-20-19 at 04:43 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-19 04:12 PM
46 12