Something is rather annoying me. I wish to have both a touchscreen BlackBerry device, and the Passport, but am a bit irritated by the idea of having to ask all my friends and family to add two different BBM pins for me. Must they be plagued with having to guess which device I have in my pocket, or does BlackBerry have any plans to solve this problem? Has anyone heard anything regarding this?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:23 PM
    After the Classic launch I believe they brought this up in the Q&A and they confirmed this was being worked on.

I'm sorry I don't have a link but I'm sure you could find it on the interwebs

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:28 PM
    Your contacts don't have to add you twice. When you sign into bbm your account transfers over to the active phone. I have multiple bb's and switch back and forth at will.
    bungaboy and megido1 like this.
    01-02-15 07:42 PM
    Yeh, I know I can switch back and forth, but we lose our conversations, don't we? Plus, it's all a bit of a pain in the backside anyway. It's something they need to sort out. I'd like to be able to have both at home and pick up whichever one I need at the moment. I'm not likely to carry the Passport to the bar or club, but would prefer to carry it over the Z30 during the day. Anyway, hopefully we will hear more about their plans for addressing this soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:56 PM
    A method I did adopt for a while was to have two BlackBerryIDs set up for my different phones then I linked the conversations by inviting my second BBM pin to the conversation. Two negatives were the need for separate BlackBerryIDs (BlackBerry Link can't work on separate BBID and the need to purchase apps twice) and a few unread messages in the other BBM store. My kids do use this method on their phone and iPad to BBM me.

PlayBook, Z30 on 1154, Passport on 19##, Z10 on 1154
    01-05-15 10:45 AM
    I too have heard that they are working on this but have no details or time frames to share.

For me personally, as a one phone guy. This was a high priority request for me so I could have one contact list between my BlackBerry and my android tablet, but now I just removed BBM from the tablet and use blend for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:51 AM
    If this gets us closer to somehow being able to sync or backup conversations without the need for Link, then I sure do hope it gets implemented soon!

I imagine most users that have experienced other modern IM clients (and email, and even sms) expect to not lose their conversations when switching a device. BBM currently behaves like an old 1990s PoP3 email account from which you downloaded emails to your desktop using something like Eudora and had to delete them from the server to free up your 10Mb mailbox space. If your computer crashed or was stolen you would lose all your emails.

What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:20 AM