It seems Viber got into multiple device access of a messaging service before Blackberry got to launch Blend, which is rumoured to allow your ID to be shared across platforms and over more then one device.

Abstract from: Latest Version of the Mobile Application Viber is Causing a Buzz on the Internet for its Innovation

This new version has a feature that makes it possible for any user to connect to their Viber account from two different devices. In other words, users are now able to run Viber on their computers and smartphones at the same time, without any issues. But, in order to do this, one must first install the Viber 4.0 version in both devices. Once this new version of Viber is connected to the first device, one will simply have to setup Viber on the second device the same way. After this, a code will be sent to the first device after which the code has to be entered by the user in order to the complete this process.

With this version, you will still be able to make calls, send photo messages, and sends texts with other Viber users. No invitations or alias are required in order to use the 4.0 version. This version will easily integrate with your own contact list, and it will provide the best-quality mobile calling if you use Wi-Fi or 3G.
    09-07-14 06:26 PM
    Ya, but then you'll have to use Viber.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-07-14 06:33 PM
    Ya, but then you'll have to use Viber.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    I know, but I am still waiting for BBM to be available on desktop and device under the same ID. It would be so helpful to have in the office on the workstation.
    09-07-14 06:35 PM
    Maybe they should update their BlackBerry App then

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:35 PM
    I know, but I am still waiting for BBM to be available on desktop and device under the same ID. It would be so helpful to have in the office on the workstation.
    They won't allow BBM over desktop... except through BlackBerry Blend

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:52 PM
    They won't allow BBM over desktop... except through BlackBerry Blend

Posted via CB10
    I will be happy with that... but I haven't seen any official confirmation this will be happening. All is rumour at the moment.
    09-07-14 07:01 PM
    Blend is "slightly" more than just BBM in your desktop/tablet. So this doesn't really have much to do with Blend.

However it'd be nice to really be able to use BBM in more than one device, including a standalone desktop client.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:32 PM
    I will be happy with that... but I haven't seen any official confirmation this will be happening. All is rumour at the moment.
    They are keeping it under wrap for probably the September event. Those who has installed the leaks, they notice that it tries to download BlackBerry Blend automatically on the desktop but the website is unacessible

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:26 PM
    They are keeping it under wrap for probably the September event. Those who has installed the leaks, they notice that it tries to download BlackBerry Blend automatically on the desktop but the website is unacessible

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Blend seems like a great service/product. Hopefully the pricing won't be extreme.
    09-08-14 08:28 AM