Thats the only knock but easy to fix. You have contact on twitter, FB and other. BB knows who is a BBM user. Show them to the user and all allow mass friend requests or individually request at the users's discretion. The end user still has to accept them. I hate Whatsapp's friends by default concept.
    10-25-13 07:19 PM
    I'm dying to hear their names - as someone put it so eloquently can you "please try and post knowledgeably" when you make wild claims?

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    Kik has delivery and read receipts because it was made by a RIM intern who ripped off BBM and made it cross platform years ago. He had the right idea!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:24 PM
    I am on the verge of throwing up

Jakarta, Indonesia
    I personally like The Verge a lot.

But I disagree with the lack of prime importance the author places on the BBM messaging aspect. The author acknowledges the lightning fast speed -- core to BBM's appeal and simplicity. To downplay that is like downplaying Google's spare search box. Google search is lauded for its spare utility. BBM provides similar utility in messaging. Oh well.
    10-25-13 07:27 PM
    get your eyes tested
    My eyes are just fine thank you. In fact, my eyesight is better than average. But hey, thanks for playing.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    10-25-13 07:34 PM
    I personally like The Verge a lot.

But I disagree with the lack of prime importance the author places on the BBM messaging aspect. The author acknowledges the lightning fast speed -- core to BBM's appeal and simplicity. To downplay that is like downplaying Google's spare search box. Google search is lauded for its spare utility. BBM provides similar utility in messaging. Oh well.
    My biggest grief was the focus upon the "I have no friends with a BB" attitude. Well duh... The whole point of BBM going cross platform is to break that barrier. When Whatsapp first released, there was no "well that's all well and good, but I have no contacts using whatsapp".

Any review that uses a lack of BB contacts is just looking to stir the pot.

10-25-13 07:40 PM
    Only BlackBerry could be listing in the top App downloads on Google Play and the Apple Store and yet still attract such condemnation... lol.

They introduced their first cross platform chat client on Android and iOS four days ago. It rocketed to the top of the free apps charts, even as a BASIC chat client and it's still considered a failure according to the armchair CEOs on this forum... Too Little, Too Late, as the usual refrain goes...

They announced their intention to bring Voice, Video, Channels and Screen Sharing. No matter. WhatsApp, Skype and others have already cornered the market, they say...

On and on they chirp... It will never be good enough to them.
    10-25-13 07:46 PM
    My biggest grief was the focus upon the "I have no friends with a BB" attitude. Well duh... The whole point of BBM going cross platform is to break that barrier. When Whatsapp first released, there was no "well that's all well and good, but I have no contacts using whatsapp".

Any review that uses a lack of BB contacts is just looking to stir the pot.

The Verge, while offering some great content, is highly skewed on BlackBerry. Everyone with a brain knows if you want a reasonable view of anything BlackBerry, you're not going to find it on The Verge. I mentioned it before but it's worth saying again.

As far as I recall, it's been gone for a while. They removed the BlackBerry Juicers forum as it was never really heavily trafficked because well, it's The Verge and any BlackBerry user knows if you want BlackBerry information or help the last place you're going to look is The Verge. Watch a Vergecast from around the time some BlackBerry news came out, you'll see what I mean. They'll just make jokes and skip over whatever the news was. However, if you want to know how your addiction to meat is destroying the planet --- they got you covered.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post9344498
    10-25-13 07:46 PM
    The Verge, while offering some great content, is highly skewed on BlackBerry. Everyone with a brain knows if you want a reasonable view of anything BlackBerry, you're not going to find it on The Verge.
    +1000, one place I find that gives BlackBerry a fair chance is mobilesyrup and sometimes zdnet.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:50 PM
    The Verge, while offering some great content, is highly skewed on BlackBerry. Everyone with a brain knows if you want a reasonable view of anything BlackBerry, you're not going to find it on The Verge. I mentioned it before but it's worth saying again.
    Depends on the author. There's a lot of good that comes out of there. And for the most part they are very meticulous about being objective. But yeah... There are a couple of writers there that have no business writing for them. Especially given that The Verge was a spinoff of another site that was bitter over favoritism.

10-25-13 07:58 PM
    How long did it take whatsapp to get push to talk and for google to build hangouts and flesh out their apps. The verge reviewer is acting like these "features" are built overnight but then again what did I expect it is the verge and the subject is concerning BlackBerry.
    10-25-13 08:26 PM
    Re: friend... "Why take a perfectly good noun and make it a verb"

Perhaps you should Google that and see?
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    pmccartney likes this.
    10-25-13 08:29 PM
    Lol let's see them release a social networking app that got 10m downloads on the first day. They can give bad reviews but people will still download it LOL. #aintworriedaboutnun

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 08:33 PM
    How long did it take whatsapp to get push to talk and for google to build hangouts and flesh out their apps. The verge reviewer is acting like these "features" are built overnight but then again what did I expect it is the verge and the subject is concerning BlackBerry.
    Exactly. How long before we got Android Jelly Bean? Or iOS7?

Hilarious. I want it ALL, and I want it NOW. (apologies to Queen)
    10-25-13 08:33 PM
    Again, this is not an excuse companies can use in 2013. I call them the "but the original iPhone didn't have cut and paste" rationalizations.

And isn't BBRY one of the innovators of instant messaging? Shouldn't it's products be ahead of the curve?

Now, I'm willing to say that the first iteration of BBM is nice. I'm willing to wait on features. I'm just not willing to say that because one company didn't have something a while back, then a current company shouldn't.
    10-25-13 08:34 PM
    Blackberry updated the iPhone app again tonight, so they are being really quick to fix bugs, which is nice.
    10-25-13 08:34 PM
    And isn't BBRY one of the innovators of instant messaging? Shouldn't it's products be ahead of the curve?
    You have no idea how business works, do you?

Look at the history of Apple from inception to present day... Heck, look at the trajectory of Steve Jobs within Apple for that matter.

Zero to Hero to Zero to Hero...
    10-25-13 08:41 PM
    Do you really expect a unbiased review of BBM from the Verge? LOL its like reading the Enquirer expecting real deep insight into the world around us.
    10-25-13 08:41 PM
    Blackberry updated the iPhone app again tonight, so they are being really quick to fix bugs, which is nice.
    Little "big" things like that go a long way to maintaining the momentum and underlining BBRY's commitment to the success of the app.

I know some are complaining about the attention BBRY is giving the cross-platform ports, but I think it makes sense to put its best foot forward with those folks.
    pmccartney and solitude1984 like this.
    10-25-13 08:47 PM
    Little "big" things like that go a long way to maintaining the momentum and underlining BBRY's commitment to the success of the app.

I know some are complaining about the attention BBRY is giving the cross-platform ports, but I think it makes sense to put its best foot forward with those folks.
    You've always been such a big supporter of BBRY... Not sure why you're using the Stock Market acronym... ?

Does the average cell phone user do that?
    10-25-13 09:03 PM
    I thought BBM would at least release with some type of voice messages like the recent "push-to-talk" feature. Hopefully BB will include that feature in a new update cuz my friends and i used that feature a lot in whatsapp
    10-25-13 09:15 PM
    I thought BBM would at least release with some type of voice messages like the recent "push-to-talk" feature. Hopefully BB will include that feature in a new update cuz my friends and i used that feature a lot in whatsapp
    I can see that being useful. I would live that. I think G+ has that.
    10-25-13 09:23 PM
    I can see that being useful. I would live that. I think G+ has that.
    Do you think Push To Talk is a good feature for BlackBerry?
    10-25-13 09:29 PM
    Well WhatsApp doesn't, which is a competitor listed in the article. IMessage does but it's not cross platform. Which cross platform IM are you referring to?

Posted via CB10
    Kik?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:29 PM
    When something is selling well, expect haters.
    10-25-13 09:38 PM

It will always be interesting to me that you referred to BlackBerry as BBRY from now on.

The average person doesn't do that, and there was always something off about your posts!

Cheers.
    10-25-13 09:43 PM
288 ... 34567 ...