You are wrong. 100% wrong.

WhatsApp does not have read receipt. Here, in their own words: WhatsApp FAQ - What are those check marks next to my messages?

"Note: this does not indicate that the message was read, just that it was delivered.
    Also note that in a group chat you will only see one check mark indicating that the message was successfully delivered to the server."
    He said "many". He didn't say Whatsapp in particular.
    10-25-13 02:51 PM
    Actually, the design is pretty bad. The action bar is too friggin huge. The fonts aren't ideal. Emoticons/Emojis require a magnifying glass to recognize them.
    Your opinion is as personal and subjective as the one made by The Verge writer. There's nothing wrong with that.
    I never disagreed with their subjective opinion however mine is that the action bar is just right, the font is nice and the emoticons are a bit difficult to recognize. If I put on my reading glasses it's no longer that difficult.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 10-25-13 at 02:55 PM. Reason: sp.
    annoying!!!
    trashing a free app that works well, and is only workign and willing to improve ....... should tell you all you need to know about the verge and what their bias is
    The problem though, is that the app doesn't really work "well". To be honest, it works okay, but not well.
    10-25-13 02:54 PM
    So I get the impression that people want something perfect out the gate no matter the product. The term minimally viable comes to mind. So let's say BBM launched with everything that comes with BB10, someone would find some flaw with it. I agree with the approach of getting something out to get people's feet wet and then improving the user experience through crowd sourcing and proper road mapping.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with this is in the tech world things are continuously changing. And BlackBerry is always behind the 8 ball. Seriously when is the last time blackberry wowed you? I like my z10 but it's an average phone at best. To top it off there are always delays for what turns out to be average. People aren't upset bbm isn't perfect..they are mad because it's basic and boring
    DenverRalphy and look_alive like this.
    10-25-13 03:01 PM
    http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...rId4_thumb.jpg

BBM has most features, see link above.
    That's based on BBM for blackberry and not BBM for cross platform.
    look_alive likes this.
    10-25-13 03:02 PM
    Well the Verge just published (a few minutes ago) a fairly decent article on the 10.2 upgrade. Only one snide remark but the comments are generous towards BlackBerry. So far.

BlackBerry 10.2 update rolling out now with Priority Hub and improved notifications | The Verge
    10-25-13 03:04 PM
    I have to agree with them about things like contact sharing which is missing. BBM should at least match the base features of whatsapp.
    Enterprise is the focus. Thus they are not going to have it mine one's address book. I predict.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    10-25-13 03:05 PM
    The problem though, is that the app doesn't really work "well". To be honest, it works okay, but not well.
    I understand some folks are bound to have issues. I have been using it with 3 folks that have Android phones and they've had zero complaints. Deliveries are fast. Not bad for 1.0. IMO. Anyway that's my small sample. I honestly expected them to have some complaints about battery use, etc. Nope. All thumbs up.
    10-25-13 03:07 PM
    If you can see these.. you just might.

Attachment 214246
    1st. LOL smiley, as I call it
    2nd. Crying Smiley
    3rd. ROTFL smiley

Correct? Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 03:20 PM
    I think most people know The Verge is biased in favour of any APPLE product. Nokia had their launch the Verge hardly mentioned.
    10-25-13 03:25 PM
    1st. LOL smiley, as I call it
    2nd. Crying Smiley
    3rd. ROTFL smiley

Correct? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Obviously, yeah. But the point is that you have to stare or apply a certain amount of focus. You really can't "read" them in a normal flow.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    10-25-13 03:28 PM
    I understand some folks are bound to have issues. I have been using it with 3 folks that have Android phones and they've had zero complaints. Deliveries are fast. Not bad for 1.0. IMO. Anyway that's my small sample. I honestly expected them to have some complaints about battery use, etc. Nope. All thumbs up.
    I haven't had issues with delivery as some have reported. But I'd rate that as a service point, not so much as an app rating. I don't think that I could criticize the service with the experience I've had thus far. The app itself though could use some serious tweaking.

There are some bugs, and some obviously missing features (like notification settings), etc.. But what's really lacking, is adoption of the platform's design guidelines. I understand that BBRY wants to put their own flavor on the app, but some effort should be made to follow each platform's UI guidelines. iOS and Android users typically become comfortable with a UI that they know or prefer. Deviate from it too much, and users tend to move to an app that they're more comfortable with.

kenshaw and howarmat like this.
    10-25-13 03:40 PM
    The review is skewed and poor. The reviewer wants the app to be more like the 2008 old bbm version but also that it is too similar to that version. So... what?
    10-25-13 03:47 PM
    Well it doesn't shine my shoes or cook my dinner! How dare BlackBerry release such an inferior messaging app! Give me a break!!
    10-25-13 03:50 PM
    I haven't had issues with delivery as some have reported. But I'd rate that as a service point, not so much as an app rating. I don't think that I could criticize the service with the experience I've had thus far. The app itself though could use some serious tweaking.

There are some bugs, and some obviously missing features (like notification settings), etc.. But what's really lacking, is adoption of the platform's design guidelines. I understand that BBRY wants to put their own flavor on the app, but some effort should be made to follow each platform's UI guidelines. iOS and Android users typically become comfortable with a UI that they know or prefer. Deviate from it too much, and users tend to move to an app that they're more comfortable with.

I can see where some one that is an enthusiast would agree. And there's also an argument to be made for consistency and ease of use, regardless of how aware the user is. I agree.

But with these folks, they have zero conscious awareness of this that I can tell. Not saying they don't notice -- just saying they don't appear to care.

Anyway I am happy to add some contacts!
    10-25-13 03:52 PM

�Outdated friending system - I would call it a secure friending system. Personaly, I don't like how WhatsApp raids my contact list/info.

It's just as easy to be positive as it is negative.
    This!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-25-13 03:59 PM
    Good grief!! Increase your fonts and maybe you can read better.

If you can see these.. you just might.

Attachment 214246
    10-25-13 04:02 PM
    The Verge guys are just attention seekers.
    gfondeur and jafrul like this.
    10-25-13 04:04 PM
    To me the design looks like what you would expect in a corporate system (usually not very good and not very polished), as compared to what you would see from a consumer product company.

I would hope they will improve the design over time. The questions I would be asking are:

1. Is BB staffed to make a great consumer friendly design?
    2. Is it really a good idea to make an iOS app or an Android app that looks like it belongs in a completely different OS?
    Last edited by app_Developer; 10-25-13 at 04:43 PM.
    10-25-13 04:09 PM
    Good grief!! Increase your fonts and maybe you can read better.
    You're obviously not aware that there's no option to do that.

10-25-13 04:10 PM
    Who told you it's not working well. Does your opinion represent the whole world's? Did you take a survey of what the consumers think about the app? Lets be real and form our opinion based on solid findings. Everyone and the Verge are now experts.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    10-25-13 04:12 PM
    You're obviously not aware that there's no option to do that.

Everyone I know so far has not expressed any issues with reading their BBMs. And I am talking about the Android and Apple converts.
    10-25-13 04:14 PM
    Who told you it's not working well. Does your opinion represent the whole world's? Did you take a survey of what the consumers think about the app? Lets be real and form our opinion based on solid findings. Everyone and the Verge are now experts.
    From the previous reply of yours that I already replied to, you have obviously not used the app. You're basically taking offense to a subject in which you are completely ignorant.

Am I an expert? Pshaw, I never professed to be. But I am acquainted enough to make an objective evaluation, whereas you're just working off of desire without experience.

Last edited by DenverRalphy; 10-25-13 at 04:30 PM.
    10-25-13 04:16 PM
    Everyone I know so far has not expressed any issues with reading their BBMs. And I am talking about the Android and Apple converts.
    You JUST evaluated the image you quoted, and made an incorrect assessment and provided an incorrect solution. Now you wish to backtrack and change the tune to suit your enthusiasm?

Saiga likes this.
    10-25-13 04:20 PM
288 12345 ...