<RANT>

Maybe I am missing something obvious here, but a few of my friends who tried cross-platform BBM have then gone on to bin the service off for one reason or another. Not all of them but certainly a few.

So what I would like to know or perhaps the BBM team to implement is a way to see who is actually online.

My point being that my contacts are in a list, they are either available or unavailable etc based on the status setting (done manually). I would have maybe used the BBM voice / video indicator but thats not reliable.

So sadly the only way I can determine if someone has left BBM is to send them a message, wait and watch to see if the indicator switches from a tick to a D. I would like a simple way to see who is still using BBM so that I can purge my contacts accordingly.

</RANT>
    unleashed_ric likes this.
    04-14-14 05:40 AM
    As far as I see, picture sharing is the main flaw.
    I'm BB10 user and also don't use BBM, for some reason its not working on 3G (H+) connection.
    04-14-14 05:53 AM
    You are asking BlackBerry to look into the mind of your friends to see what they think. BlackBerry can't know any more than you know, your friends are not running BBM. It has no way to know if they have stopped using it or if their phone is at the bottom of a river.

Posted using my Peerless BlackBerry Z30
    NO I am asking BlackBerry to show a live status, or if that's not possible (cant see why not) show last activity e.g not seen for 10 days etc.
    04-14-14 06:57 AM
    NO I am asking BlackBerry to show a live status, or if that's not possible (cant see why not) show last activity e.g not seen for 10 days etc.
    show live status is simple , if u get a red X your friends deleted bbm otherwise u get a blue D or a green R , btw i got over 100 bbm poeple 40% from other platform.
    04-14-14 07:31 AM
    show live status is simple , if u get a red X your friends deleted bbm otherwise u get a blue D or a green R , btw i got over 100 bbm poeple 40% from other platform.
    So the guy I have here who uses iPhone, I sent him a messgae on Friday. It still has just the grey tick, no red X no D or R.
    According to his BBM status he is "available" this is my point really.
    04-14-14 08:04 AM
    So the guy I have here who uses iPhone, I sent him a messgae on Friday. It still has just the grey tick, no red X no D or R.
    Yup I know people who deleted BBM and my messages show up as just gray check marks even though their statuses say available haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    04-14-14 08:09 AM
    Yup I know people who deleted BBM and my messages show up as just gray check marks even though their statuses say available haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So you can see how helpful it is in it's current form then...
    04-14-14 09:22 AM
    It's shows available because the pin number still active, now did your friend updated bbm ? Was an update last week or the week before to everyone.

Posted from my new toy Z30.
    04-14-14 09:25 AM
    It's shows available because the pin number still active, now did your friend updated bbm ? Was an update last week or the week before to everyone.

Posted from my new toy Z30.
    I have no idea if he updated his phone app or not, all I know is that the tick has not turned to anything else.
    04-14-14 09:44 AM
    The grey check means they have a BBID account and BlackBerry has accepted the message at the BBM server. As far as I know it will stay there forever until their phone checks in and gets the message.
    I sent a BBM message to a tenant of mine in December. He wasn't on BBM anymore I guess, so it was just the grey check. He was back and active (updated photo, name, etc) a few weeks ago, but it never changed to D.

The message must just be lost somewhere in cyberspace now I guess. Doesn't matter because I sent an SMS after. He's since moved out so it may be weird if that BBM does pop up for him at some point.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:32 PM
    Never got an X from ex BBM users.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:12 PM