In this new BBM thats out for BlackBerry can I Turn off contact updates ? I have 2000 Contacts and I never want to see Contact updates,. Pretty much how I can turn it off in the BBM in have installed now...
    11-27-13 06:38 AM
    Hi and I didn't upgrade to the new BBM so I don't know about that. But in the older one that you have now, you can't turn off update. The only updates you can stop are the music ones.

Tr this:
    IF you go to a recent update and hold the contact, you should get a menu to stop the updates. At the bottom of the screen a head with a line through it.
    11-27-13 06:42 AM
    Hi and I didn't upgrade to the new BBM so I don't know about that. But in the older one that you have now, you can't turn off update. The only updates you can stop are the music ones.
    Yes,.. the BBM I'm running now I can turn off Updates which I always have off... If I can't turn it off in the New BBM it makes no sense for me to Upgrade..
    11-27-13 06:47 AM

Tr this:
    IF you go to a recent update and hold the contact, you should get a menu to stop the updates. At the bottom of the screen a head with a line through it.
    And you SHOULDN'T update - the "contacts" icon is now hidden, requiring 2 extra steps to get to, and is replaced by an "updates" icon on the home screen. No longer can you open BBM and immediately select a contact to send a message. REALLY bad planning there, BB!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-27-13 07:59 AM
    And you SHOULDN'T update - the "contacts" icon is now hidden, requiring 2 extra steps to get to, and is replaced by an "updates" icon on the home screen. No longer can you open BBM and immediately select a contact to send a message. REALLY bad planning there, BB!
    So do they give you the option to turn Contact Updates off ???
    11-27-13 08:06 AM
    Hmmm....I think I will hold off because I want to keep some of the emoticons.
    11-27-13 10:12 AM
    Three taps to open/start a BBM chat:
    Open the BBM app, from the starting screen tap the '+start chat' button top right and select the contact you want. It is exactly the same amount of steps to start a chat as before.
    Or even better: use the Hub! Compose>BBM. This opens the contact list for BBM.
    For ignoring contact updates: from the updates tab press-and-hold a contact update, select 'Hide updates'. Yes, this only works on a contact-by-contact basis, I feel sorry for those with 1000+ contacts. But imo, someone who has that many contacts should not complain about frequent updates...
    _____
    If you know the keyboard shortcuts you can still use the new emotes. *rainbow* gives the rainbow for example, it do not know the rest.
    dusdal likes this.
    11-27-13 10:54 AM
    Three taps to open/start a BBM chat:
    Open the BBM app, from the starting screen tap the '+start chat' button top right and select the contact you want. It is exactly the same amount of steps to start a chat as before.
    Or even better: use the Hub! Compose>BBM. This opens the contact list for BBM.

For ignoring contact updates: from the updates tab press-and-hold a contact update, select 'Hide updates'. Yes, this only works on a contact-by-contact basis, I feel sorry for those with 1000+ contacts. But imo, someone who has that many contacts should not complain about frequent updates...
    _____
    If you know the keyboard shortcuts you can still use the new emotes. *rainbow* gives the rainbow for example, it do not know the rest.
    I'm admitting, I spoke too soon (aka before I knew about the "+start chat" button in top right). Still seems kinda silly to move it up there rather than have contacts readily available down below...
    11-27-13 11:03 AM
    First of all the app opens up to your current chats, so if you talk to certain people a lot then don't close the chat, also if you want an easy step to get to your contacts there is a "new chat" button on the top right corner, hit that and all your contact come up in a list format. I don't know how that is soo difficult or time consuming or so bad that you should upgrade. I have been using bbm for a long time and the new version is miles better than before, especially with channels.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    11-27-13 12:28 PM
    First of all the app opens up to your current chats, so if you talk to certain people a lot then don't close the chat, also if you want an easy step to get to your contacts there is a "new chat" button on the top right corner, hit that and all your contact come up in a list format. I don't know how that is soo difficult or time consuming or so bad that you should upgrade. I have been using bbm for a long time and the new version is miles better than before, especially with channels.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    See the post directly above yours where I admit I spoke too hastily. Still makes no sense to me to move the button I'd hit to start a chat from middle bottom with all the other icons, to way up in the corner. (Yes, "way up" is subjective - I have a Q10 like you do and it's not that far literally speaking). And the "+(silhouette)" makes me thing "add contact" rather than "start chat".

I guess what's really bugging me is WHY the creation of a "start chat" button that's away from the other commonly used icons, when the old "contacts" icon did the same thing and was front and center instead of in a corner. Do people really want to see all the updates that often? I could care less if someone changed their status to "eating dinner" or whatever.
    11-27-13 12:38 PM
    In this new BBM thats out for BlackBerry can I Turn off contact updates ? I have 2000 Contacts and I never want to see Contact updates,. Pretty much how I can turn it off in the BBM in have installed now...
    2000? Wow...that's pretty much all of us.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:24 PM
    It's my understanding that Channels is included in the new update....that is why updates can't be turned off, cos they are like notifications for Channels....and of course with some legacy devices there might originally be low memory problems which the Channels addition with make BBM freeze n lag.

Many will want Channels...but there will be many that won't. I would have preferred to see Channels as a separate app.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:47 AM
    soooo without a bb10 device you will still get channels in the new bbm update???? I'm runnin os7.1 so I would like to kno. this would deffinately be a mem issue for my device for sure. as a user mentioned they should hav put it as an add on for those who wanted it.
    killin my phone mem which rim self didn't want to increase is inconsiderate
    11-28-13 08:26 AM
    soooo without a bb10 device you will still get channels in the new bbm update???? I'm runnin os7.1 so I would like to kno. this would deffinately be a mem issue for my device for sure. as a user mentioned they should hav put it as an add on for those who wanted it.
    killin my phone mem which rim self didn't want to increase is inconsiderate
    Yes, it seems to be included in the new update. If you don't want channels and doubt your memory then don't do the update.

I've looked at the same update for the Z10 and it's 14MB. That might well put many legacy phones...OS7.1 and below into the freezing cycle.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:57 AM
    Well I can't use this version till they allow me to turn off contact updates.
    11-28-13 11:42 AM