I'm really trying to support BB and decided to give BBM for Android a try, twice, but I get frustrated and quit at the inviting my friends and contacts point. There's got to be a better way.

I am a newbie to BBM so forgive me if I'm missing something but the importing/inviting your friends is way too tedious. Most if not all of my contacts do not use BBM so I must invite them, right? The only way I can do that, it seems, for my FB contacts is to search INDIVIDUALLY for them by typing in their names. Wow! Is this true? No way to automatically import them? Of course I could post my Pin on my timeline but I will get exactly zero response if I do that. Problem 1.

Problem 2 is inviting all of my other contacts from Google, Yahoo, and work, etc. It seems the option for that is to email them, again, individually by typing in each name.. Not gonna happen.

Please, someone tell that I'm missing something and it's as easy as what's app, messenger, or hangouts..
    01-05-14 12:28 AM
    I'm really trying to support BB and decided to give BBM for Android a try, twice, but I get frustrated and quit at the inviting my friends and contacts point. There's got to be a better way.

I am a newbie to BBM so forgive me if I'm missing something but the importing/inviting your friends is way too tedious. Most if not all of my contacts do not use BBM so I must invite them, right? The only way I can do that, it seems, for my FB contacts is to search INDIVIDUALLY for them by typing in their names. Wow! Is this true? No way to automatically import them? Of course I could post my Pin on my timeline but I will get exactly zero response if I do that. Problem 1.

Problem 2 is inviting all of my other contacts from Google, Yahoo, and work, etc. It seems the option for that is to email them, again, individually by typing in each name.. Not gonna happen.

Please, someone tell that I'm missing something and it's as easy as what's app, messenger, or hangouts..
    You just need to spread the word about BBM. Its way better than whats app. Frankly speaking from my point of view whats app sucks. BBM rocks anytime.

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-05-14 04:04 AM

Yes, you have plenty of options to add your friends, but the only thing you can't do is automatically import your phone numbers contacts. BBM used to work with pins, so you need to give your pins friends and add or give them to them. But now whit bb10 and BBM cross platform, everything is connected to BlackBerry id. So, besides pin, now BBM will suggest friends based on Facebook, twitter and linkedin contacts. Also, you can invite them via SMS, Nfc, email and even use your Barcode which I think is the best of them.

So, BBM gives to you a lot of options to add new contacts, but no, you can't automatically sync with your phone address. And that's why: BBM is for friends you want to chat and not for everyone in your list that you have a phone number. It's much more personal.

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    Bla1ze, sergey_IL and jefbeard911 like this.
    01-05-14 09:32 AM
    Can android/iOS BBM send pictures?
    01-05-14 09:33 AM
    Can android/iOS BBM send pictures?
    Yes.
    01-05-14 09:36 AM

So, BBM gives to you a lot of options to add new contacts, but no, you can't automatically sync with your phone address. And that's why: BBM is for friends you want to chat and not for everyone in your list that you have a phone number. It's much more personal.

^^
    This. Exactly this right here. I find the automatically importing thing the other apps do annoying personally.
    Joao Oliveira and KemKev like this.
    01-05-14 09:39 AM
    Yes.
    Sorry, I meant video clips... This week a friend sent me a video from whatsapp becouse he said his BBM couldn't send videos
    01-05-14 09:39 AM
    ^^
    This. Exactly this right here. I find the automatically importing thing the other apps do annoying personally.
    Totally, Bla1ze! No doubt about it. BBM keep the privacy. In other hand, Its bringing more and more tools to help connecting with our friends. It's awesome. Just hope the suggestions feature is really coming to android and ios. I think this new android beta have this option, right?

01-05-14 10:20 AM
    Sorry, I meant video clips... This week a friend sent me a video from whatsapp becouse he said his BBM couldn't send videos
    Dude, this is because the file size limit. But, I'm sure BBM team will increase the size in the next updates.

01-05-14 10:21 AM
    BBM is not good at all on android or ios. It's just not. As it stands, there are better messengers available. Hopefully, the update improves BBM significantly on android and ios.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-19-14 08:29 PM
    BBM is not good at all on android or ios. It's just not. As it stands, there are better messengers available. Hopefully, the update improves BBM significantly on android and ios.

I would share with you these thoughts before the last update that BBM improved just bugs corrections, but after this I must say I'm having a great experience with BBM. Hope your issues can be solved in next update.

20blks likes this.
    01-19-14 09:36 PM

Works great for me. Sorry you're not pleased

01-19-14 11:04 PM