I have a Blackberry with a BBM PIN that I use for business contacts. Since I hardly carry my Blackberry at all, but always have my iPhone with me, I want to transfer the BBM account to that phone. I have installed the app.

It says I need a Blackberry ID to sign on, but for the life of me, I don't think there is one associated with my Blackberry. I have looked under the device OPTIONS | DEVICE | BLACKBERRY ID but it wants me to sign in. If I go through the "forgot password" routine, it says there is no ID associated with the phone's e-mail address.

Is that even possible? Can I have a Blackberry with a working BBM account and no Blackberry ID?

If so, and I go ahead and create a Blackberry ID, how do I make sure my BBM PIN is associated with that ID so when I log on from the iOS app, all of my contacts etc. will come across?

Thanks!
    11-11-13 01:02 PM
    Which model and OS version in your BlackBerry? Older devices just used device pin, later versions shifted to use bbid.
    11-11-13 01:26 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:16 PM
    It's the same user name you use for BlackBerry World to download apps

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:17 PM
    It's probably just your email.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:31 AM
    ID is probably just your email.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:31 AM
    Which model and OS version in your BlackBerry? Older devices just used device pin, later versions shifted to use bbid.
    It's an older 9860 Torch touchscreen (the one without the slide-out keyboard) with 7.1.0.267.

It has BBM on it that I can use on the Torch. I want that BBM id on my iOS device but can't figure out how to do it. The iOS device wants a Blackberry ID (not a PIN number) and the Torch doesn't seem to have a Blackberry ID. I do not have an ID to use on the Blackberry App store either. I tried using my e-mail to look up a lost Blackberry ID password, but it comes back saying one doesn't exist.

If I create a new Blackberry ID, can I associate my existing BBM PIN with that ID somehow? What I don't want is to end up with a new BBM PIN on my iPhone. I want the existing one that has all my contacts etc.
    11-12-13 10:59 AM
    It's an older 9860 Torch touchscreen (the one without the slide-out keyboard) with 7.1.0.267.

It has BBM on it that I can use on the Torch. I want that BBM id on my iOS device but can't figure out how to do it. The iOS device wants a Blackberry ID (not a PIN number) and the Torch doesn't seem to have a Blackberry ID. I do not have an ID to use on the Blackberry App store either. I tried using my e-mail to look up a lost Blackberry ID password, but it comes back saying one doesn't exist.

If I create a new Blackberry ID, can I associate my existing BBM PIN with that ID somehow? What I don't want is to end up with a new BBM PIN on my iPhone. I want the existing one that has all my contacts etc.
    First, create the BlackBerryID in your Torch, given your OS version this action will backup your BBM Contacts to the BlackBerryID. Just in case, also create a backup of your contact list on your SD card or device.

Once you have done these two actions, sign in with your BlackBerryID on the iPhone; you should be prompted to transfer information from your current BlackBerry PIN to the newly created one for your iPhone.

If after this contacts are not transfered, then you can logoff BlackBerryID from the iPhone, log back on your Blackberry to restore your contacts there; you also have the local backup in case this fails. Given this scenario, I would recommend to create a second BlackBerryID using another email and using that one on your iPhone, or viceversa.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:51 AM