if you installed bbm on your android before it release, its because of you.people wonder why and blame blackberry. it not them, its you.i didn't install it because im not a thief or a hacker. see what acting smart or feeling cool does.next time you hack something,thinks twice
    10-01-13 03:15 PM
    You killed blackberry you murderers
    Suraj Jadhav and oaknut john like this.
    10-01-13 03:19 PM
    Do you know anything about Software Development?
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-01-13 03:19 PM
    So the vulnerabilities that were uncovered in the system wouldn't have existed if no one loaded that leaked APK? Also, just because you load software (free) on a device doesn't make you a hacker or thief. In this case we had thousands of excited people anxious to try out a new service offering a few days earlier than others, I don't think labeling them thieves and hackers is very fitting.

The people that loaded it are enthusiasts, they are the people that would ask their friends en-mass to join BBM, exactly the people you WANT on the service.

Anyway, there were issues with BBM as it currently sat that would have been uncovered in short order had the Android version actually launched. Unfortunately BBRY really does have to bear the brunt of the displeased user base, it was their launch and they didn't cross all their "t"s and dot their "i"s.
    10-01-13 03:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/discove...-group-856129/

i think this bbm group is the reason behind this mass faliure
    10-01-13 03:21 PM
    Do you really buy that crap? if it was true,we would all have BBM by now, and we don't.

How can a leaked software cause all of that? I could understand of it was coded by two monkeys working overtime on the same tight cubicle, but not from a big name company.

To me, it was just a lame excuse because they weren't ready and/or prepared, as usual.

And even if the leak caused a super massive amount of strain their 1 dollar servers couldn't handle, it's been more that a week now. Which makes me wonder if two monkeys are really working on the app.

How could they possibly not be prepared? Why are they taking too long? Why is there not a timeframe or specific date (because they'd miss it, again?)? Why are we not given a reason backed up with information?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-01-13 03:23 PM
    if they release it exactly as the announce it on 21st sept, then nobody would download that unreleased apk instead of the official ones. who's the culprit here?
    harman_21 and bbhuh like this.
    10-01-13 05:29 PM
    OMG! You killed XBBM, you bastards!

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.2.0.1761 | Bell via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    10-01-13 06:04 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/discove...-group-856129/

i think this bbm group is the reason behind this mass faliure
    LolLlllllll

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 06:08 PM
    You all should try eat a chicken before it cook than you can blame the chicken also cause it didn't finish cooked it's just like BlackBerry it wasn't finish yet...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:49 PM
    if you installed bbm on your android before it release, its because of you.people wonder why and blame blackberry. it not them, its you.i didn't install it because im not a thief or a hacker. see what acting smart or feeling cool does.next time you hack something,thinks twice
    You are just not knowing what you are talking about.
    Read, educate yourself and stop calling names.
    .-

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-01-13 10:46 PM
    It so weird... Google has the ability to remotely remove apk from phones. Why didnt RIM just ask to do that, then upload the true apk... I know why, because this whole thing is a complete lie...
    Antiqua likes this.
    10-02-13 12:13 AM
    bs. good for them to have stress test before.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-02-13 02:31 AM
    Nope all BlackBerry had to do was block the leaked app version since its out of date. Like whataapp does, simple solution.

BlackBerry lieing if they could t handle leaked traffic how do they expect to handle launch traffic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    AVO_1 and Antiqua like this.
    10-02-13 03:07 AM
    I am not saying you are a troll but you are fishing with a spinner.
    Welcome back.
    10-02-13 08:24 AM
    Nope all BlackBerry had to do was block the leaked app version since its out of date. Like whataapp does, simple solution.

BlackBerry lieing if they could t handle leaked traffic how do they expect to handle launch traffic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    If they could have done this they probably would have quite quickly, but I don't think BBRY's systems were set up to block access to the service based on specific release versions... I believe that's what they've been developing since the failed launch; A way to block any un-official apps from accessing the BBM service.

Really the only thing that could have prevented all of this is a more diligent and aggressive beta test. They should have had a wider beta...
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-02-13 09:25 AM
    But like I said. Google can remotely block and kill apps from anyone's phone.
    10-02-13 10:38 AM
    But like I said. Google can remotely block and kill apps from anyone's phone.
    That would require co-operation from Google and a serious (and public) lack of consideration for device privacy.

Bottom line is if they'd allowed the launch to go through to quality of service would have taken a huge hit and result in even worse circumstances than we have now.
    10-02-13 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry leaked the apk and wanted folks to download it.

Sent from my Motorola side view pager 4-5683-968
    10-02-13 11:46 AM
    BlackBerry leaked the apk and wanted folks to download it.

Sent from my Motorola side view pager 4-5683-968
    Now that's just seems ridiculous to me. Obviously it was leaked by SOMEONE at BBRY, but why would the company cause all of this on purpose?
    10-02-13 12:09 PM
    My BBM on my iPhone stopped working a few days ago and it was an official release. So I don't what's going on over there at blackberry
    10-02-13 12:13 PM
    My BBM on my iPhone stopped working a few days ago and it was an official release. So I don't what's going on over there at blackberry
    Bbm for iOS is laughable and it was official. Along with a few other things, autocorrect doesn't even work properly. I guess when they "tested" the app, they never actually tried to type a mesaage.. lol

And the leaked android app was blocked soon after the press release blaming the android app.
    The iPhone app still functions, so if the problem was ONLY the leaked android apk, why haven't they continiewd the rollout of the ios app? (the ios app didnt even work properly is why)
    10-02-13 12:37 PM
    Microsoft/Apple have constant leaks and mass downloads. They still deliver on time, and fix as they go along.

Its just unfortunate that a giant like bb with a good Datacenter had trouble with 1.1million usersas they say. I hate to compare but, Apple delivers an OS update at once to 100m+ users in one day and they manage not to be shut down.

Either they didnt take details into account, or just did not use the right servers or whatnot. I'm not a systems admin, but clearly any systems admin or infrastructure architect i know and spoke with had said that their "updates or answers" to the public didn't actually give any reason as to why it happened and they don't buy it based on experience...these problems happen all the time to start up to medium sized companies. but not a communications giant. Simply put, they didn't care nor took it seriously enough that its over 1 week and they "cant" fix this type of issue which would have been resolved by a company with a sense of urgency in days.

Let's face it, the app is most likely not coming 50/50 or they pulled it. IF they can't assemble or build an app in 6 months got 2 mobile platforms then they are long gone.

4500 workers wont have a job at facilities in next 1 year or so, company being sold - i dont think they are sitting there and pushing out the best they can and worrying about consumers - but rather interviewing other for other jobs and relocating out of the waterloo area.

Picture yourselves at work right now, every day you come in management already gave up...how would your work performance be?
    10-02-13 12:55 PM
    That would require co-operation from Google and a serious (and public) lack of consideration for device privacy.

Bottom line is if they'd allowed the launch to go through to quality of service would have taken a huge hit and result in even worse circumstances than we have now.
    How? The apk is supposedly faulty thus is harmful to RIM BBM network, correct? What privacy issues are you even referring to? How exactly is remotely deleting an malicious app consider invasion of privacy. I guess its an invasion of privacy for the app store to sense that apps on your phone need an update and auto updates them without your knowledge. *shrugs*
    AVO_1 likes this.
    10-02-13 12:58 PM
    I downloaded the leak & dont give a flying F. Just like I(as well as many others)downloaded leaked O.S. to their BBs.
    Their reason was b.s. to me. Bad enough they waited years after many apps stepped up to the plate. They get to the end of the summer & did a 1/2 release.
    10-02-13 02:51 PM
35 12