Hello guys,

Here are the things I hate about BBM, maybe you agree with me.
    I have used a torch 9800 previously to my current z10. The first problem with BBM that I have is that is not free! Everywhere there is the saying that BBM is free and runs on all OS-es but it is not true. You need a blackberry data plan for BBM on legacy devices. Me and for sure many others that have switched to OS10 still have legacy devices. In my case the 9800 got to my mother. She has a data plan but without BIS, the cheapest BIS there is costs 5�.
    Fortunately other messaging apps work without a BIS plan, I think I have installed WatsApp over two years ago and the app never expired or told me to pay the 1$(I don't know how much it costs really).
    I have noticed that the other apps work fine on the 9800 through APN but of course not BBM.
    Now let's face it 5�/month for a messaging app sounds a bit expensive when there are other options available.
    RIM has created BBM for all OS-es but forgot about its own legacy devices. Why RIM why??? The thing that I hate the most is that there is no voip alternative for OS6. Only BBM has voice. Viber voice does not work on OS6, so when I am out of the country I usually have to pay roaming fees to call home.

The second thing that I hate is that the phone is always buzzing on every message received during a conversation. WhatsApp for example notifies you only when you are not in the app or the phone is locked / screen off. When you are in the app and you are typing / receiving a message there is no sound or vibration because there really is no need... I think BBM should also implement this because its quite annoying to hear the same sound and vibration for every message received when you are looking at the screen... Also its quite disturbing to the others around you. I often found myself changing the profile to Silent to get rid of this thing.

For these things I find myself using WhatsApp more often than BBM... but of course BBM has a lot of nice features over other messaging apps but I find these things so annoying that I prefer other apps.
    07-02-14 04:04 AM

The second thing that I hate is that the phone is always buzzing on every message received during a conversation. WhatsApp for example notifies you only when you are not in the app or the phone is locked / screen off. When you are in the app and you are typing / receiving a message there is no sound or vibration because there really is no need... I think BBM should also implement this because its quite annoying to hear the same sound and vibration for every message received when you are looking at the screen... Also its quite disturbing to the others around you. I often found myself changing the profile to Silent to get rid of this thing.
    THIS!!

Your other 'problem'- for someone BIS is a great value, for others not...
    I like the way BB10 handles internet/mail/BBM
    07-02-14 04:15 AM
    How funny I was just about to rant about these points.

1) BBM is not a reliable messaging service since it needs data. Other messaging services will still send out messages even if data is not available. That makes BBM less reliable as a communication tool. What's app works even if you find yourself in an area with no data coverage.

2) The constant bling and buz is ok, but would be nice if it could be toggled.

Again most people who just want something to work will not care about the 'details' that you need to have data plan and that you need to be within an area where your data plan has coverage. They'll just see that messages are not getting anywhere and think BBM just sucks at delivery because WhatsApp works just fine.

Hello guys,

Here are the things I hate about BBM, maybe you agree with me.
    I have used a torch 9800 previously to my current z10. The first problem with BBM that I have is that is not free! Everywhere there is the saying that BBM is free and runs on all OS-es but it is not true. You need a blackberry data plan for BBM on legacy devices. Me and for sure many others that have switched to OS10 still have legacy devices. In my case the 9800 got to my mother. She has a data plan but without BIS, the cheapest BIS there is costs 5€.
    Fortunately other messaging apps work without a BIS plan, I think I have installed WatsApp over two years ago and the app never expired or told me to pay the 1$(I don't know how much it costs really).
    I have noticed that the other apps work fine on the 9800 through APN but of course not BBM.
    Now let's face it 5€/month for a messaging app sounds a bit expensive when there are other options available.
    RIM has created BBM for all OS-es but forgot about its own legacy devices. Why RIM why??? The thing that I hate the most is that there is no voip alternative for OS6. Only BBM has voice. Viber voice does not work on OS6, so when I am out of the country I usually have to pay roaming fees to call home.

For these things I find myself using WhatsApp more often than BBM... but of course BBM has a lot of nice features over other messaging apps but I find these things so annoying that I prefer other apps.
    07-02-14 06:30 PM