I'm interested in getting a Classic and switching between that and the Passport. I have a vague recollection from back in the BlackBerry OS days that there was a limit to the amount of times you could switch between having the same BBM ID on devices. 5 switches in 6 months? Something like that anyway. Does anyone know if this limit is a legitimate thing?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 12:10 AM
    When I was using my q10 and Z30 I would switch between them daily. Q10 at work. Come home switch to Z30. Did that for months. Never ran into an issue.

Posted via CB10
    sacha_is_good likes this.
    08-31-15 12:20 AM
    And when you switch devices and then switch back, does the BBM history on that phone pick up from where you left off or is all deleted?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:26 AM
    Deleted. That is the main downside of switching. Groups and contacts come back but history is gone.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:19 AM
    Superb, thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 11:22 AM
    I think the issue is changing BlackBerry ID wrt BBW. I ran into that on PlayBook when wanting to login to same BlackBerry ID on two PlayBooks.

There should be a BlackBerry knowledge base article with specifics.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 03:11 PM
    the saved chats on that device will pick so long as you have the option to save chat history toggled on and you back up your chats from the bbm settings
    09-07-15 12:05 PM
    So, just so I'm clear, provided the save the chat setting is on each device, when I switch back from the Passport to the Classic and then back again, I will be able to restore my BBM chat on my Passport back to the point that I switched devices before?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:44 AM
    Sorry, little bump on this. Any ideas then if switching back to a device where the BBM chat history was saved will restore the BBM chat history up to the point that the device was switched away from?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 02:26 AM
    I just switched from BBM for Android back to BBM for BlackBerry 10.

What happened is that the BBM history on my Z10 is exactly the same as when I last saved it, just missing the additional chats I've been having while I'm using Android

STL100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-27-15 09:49 PM
    Hello how do you switch back in forth between devices Re BBM? In my case have Z10 and now Passport SE. Do I have to sign in and out of BlackBerry ID?
    Thanks for help!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 12:21 PM
    Hello how do you switch back in forth between devices Re BBM? In my case have Z10 and now Passport SE. Do I have to sign in and out of BlackBerry ID?
    Thanks for help!

Posted via CB10
    You can be signed in to both devices with the same BBID. Once you open BBM, it will detect whether you're actually signed into BBM (using that BBID) there. So if you have BBM active on your Z10, and then switch to your Passport, you'll be prompted if you want to switch your BBM
    01-04-16 09:10 AM
    I posted in another thread, but I too frequently switch BBMs from one BlackBerry device to another. I ran into a problem BBM stopped prompting me that I'm not signed in to the device and if I would like to switch to this device. Now I don't know how to force BlackBerry Messenger to prompt me to switch. There's no way to log out so you are completely relying on BlackBerry to be competent if you want to risk it. This is angering me because I'm stuck without a functioning BBM on all my devices. It's in some BBM limbo.
    01-07-16 01:53 PM
    I posted in another thread, but I too frequently switch BBMs from one BlackBerry device to another. I ran into a problem BBM stopped prompting me that I'm not signed in to the device and if I would like to switch to this device. Now I don't know how to force BlackBerry Messenger to prompt me to switch. There's no way to log out so you are completely relying on BlackBerry to be competent if you want to risk it. This is angering me because I'm stuck without a functioning BBM on all my devices. It's in some BBM limbo.
    If you can borrow a friend's iOS / Android device and log into there, let it restore, then see if it will prompt you on your BlackBerry device?
    01-07-16 02:07 PM
    I did that on a Windows phone to force it and it did work in signing me out of my priv. However my BlackBerry 10 devices are still in some limbo where they show up as if nothing is happening and I can even send messages and they're received. I thought it could only be used in one phone? When I pick up my classic it sends, same for my z30 , but both never prompt me to switch
    01-07-16 02:21 PM
    I did that on a Windows phone to force it and it did work in signing me out of my priv. However my BlackBerry 10 devices are still in some limbo where they show up as if nothing is happening and I can even send messages and they're received. I thought it could only be used in one phone? When I pick up my classic it sends, same for my z30 , but both never prompt me to switch
    And I'm guessing you have the latest BBM versions on your Z30 and Classic?

If you do, you may end have having to just wipe one of them to try and kick off the sign-in detection...
    01-07-16 02:59 PM