Now that the BBM for iOS is about to be released I have been trying to convince my wife that she should download it to her iPhone and use it instead of SMS to message me.

So far I have not been doing a very good job of convincing her as to why BBM is better than SMS, and so I went looking for a list of features that I could use to sell her on it. I am really surprised that I haven't been able to find one on BlackBerry's site or anywhere. Does anyone know if such a list exists?
    Here is what I came up with on my own:
    - it shows you when a message has been delivered and then read.
    - it uses your data plan over a text messaging plan (she has a 2GB limit on her plan so she wasn't impressed with this since she also has unlimited texting).
    - You can use emoticons (which she pointed out she has some in here texting app).
    - You can transfer files (which she pointed out she can do via MMS).

As you can see I didn't do a very good job on selling BBM, most because I never used it before I got my Z1p, but I would appreciate some help in either coming up with a list or being pointed to one.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:39 AM
    Now that the BBM for iOS is about to be released I have been trying to convince my wife that she should download it to her iPhone and use it instead of SMS to message me.

So far I have not been doing a very good job of convincing her as to why BBM is better than SMS, and so I went looking for a list of features that I could use to sell her on it. I am really surprised that I haven't been able to find one on BlackBerry's site or anywhere. Does anyone know if such a list exists?
    Here is what I came up with on my own:
    - it shows you when a message has been delivered and then read.
    - it uses your data plan over a text messaging plan (she has a 2GB limit on her plan so she wasn't impressed with this since she also has unlimited texting).
    - You can use emoticons (which she pointed out she has some in here texting app).
    - You can transfer files (which she pointed out she can do via MMS).

As you can see I didn't do a very good job on selling BBM, most because I never used it before I got my Z1p, but I would appreciate some help in either coming up with a list or being pointed to one.

Posted via CB10
    Don't try to use a feature list. Show her how BBM works on our Z and just *gently* guide her to the App Store and tell her it will be a better way to communicate with you. Don't push.

As a woman, if someone is trying to sell me or convince me to use something, I'll dig in and go the complete opposite way. Trust me here. The key is that "it's a better more efficient way for you to reach me."
    09-02-13 08:10 AM
    Don't try to use a feature list. Show her how BBM works on our Z and just *gently* guide her to the App Store and tell her it will be a better way to communicate with you. Don't push.

As a woman, if someone is trying to sell me or convince me to use something, I'll dig in and go the complete opposite way. Trust me here. The key is that "it's a better more efficient way for you to reach me."
    That's sound advice. Thank you.

I would still like to see a feature list for my own curiosity and I would like to be able to speak intelligently about it when it comes up in discussion, and it will since I am team lead for an enterprise email system so people naturally ask me stuff like that.

Thanks!
    09-02-13 09:14 AM
    BBM Groups allows you to make any type of group you want . With that said, I have a family group. Your own personal (you can invite anyone) secure facebook. Grocery lists, pictures of the kids, soccer game, appointment. It is a shared family resource . Centralized on your phone. Administration privileged posting and editing, blocking contacts. Animated Avatars. Customizable share setting .multi person chat
    Broadcast messaging. Real time chats. Uses Pin instead of a phone number being displayed. Chat copying and emailing .
    Engage in multiple person real time conversation never leaving the app. Customizable status message. Quick thought, or message, displayed in real time with your profile picture. Conversation filters to narrow down the chat type.
    I don't know if BBM Voice and BBM Video are part of the cross platform setup yet.

Hope it helps somewhat.

Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002837.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002836.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002835.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002834.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002832.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002828.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002829.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002830.png
    Is there a complete feature list for BBM?-img_00002831.png

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    09-03-13 10:10 PM

agree 100 percent. The best reason to use any messenger platform is where are your friends at. Features won't sell it, they just put the icing on the cake
    09-04-13 03:15 PM