Here's what I did and the issue: I upgraded from a Z10 to a Z30 and gave my Z10 to my daughter. I switched my SIM to the
    new phone and put in my BB ID. It all seemed to be working fine. I did a security swipe on my Z10 then we took it to the
    Verizon store and they transfered the phone to her phone number. She had never had a BB before so she got a new
    BB ID, entered it on her phone and seemed to be working fine. She added me and my wife as BBM contacts and I was
    able to video chat with her on BBM, it all seemed fine. The problem seems to be that when I opened up BBM on my Z30, I got a new BBM ID
    and my daughter's is my "old" one. I've sent the "old" one (now my daughter's) out in email invitations to people. If they
    accept the chat requests, will they go to my daughter's phone now? Do I need to try to get her a new BBM ID? Am I just
    concerned about something that's not a problem? Sorry if this is an easy answer, I'm pretty new to BBM.
    Last edited by tli2000; 12-01-13 at 10:42 AM. Reason: correction
    12-01-13 10:37 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Wow, what a mess! I don't know how that happened. What I suggest is wiping both devices and going through the setup again - making sure she uses HER BBID and you and you yours (the original - not the one we can't explain where it came from.)
    12-01-13 11:39 AM
    Question, are the BBM ID's associated with your BlackBerry ID, or are they separate? I do know I put my BlackBerry ID in correctly, I just don't remember exactly what I did when I first opened BBM. I'm thinking my contacts were already in (on my new phone)

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:55 AM
    Question, are the BBM ID's associated with your BlackBerry ID, or are they separate? I do know I put my BlackBerry ID in correctly, I just don't remember exactly what I did when I first opened BBM. I'm thinking my contacts were already in (on my new phone)

Posted via CB10
    There are no BBM IDs, only BBIDs.

Contacts, groups and channels are all backed up to the BBID. So that's why they were there when you opened BBM.

Let me know after you give my suggestion a try!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:26 AM