Do both parties have to have the same email / BlackBerry ID name linked to their Contact so they can both see each other on their respective suggested bbm lists?

In other words, if I have the other persons email address in the Contacts profile for them which generates the suggestion on my phone, but they do not have my email address, would they see me as a suggested bbm contact.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:26 AM
    You would both need each other in the contact list in order to see each other as a suggested BBM contact.
    pgg101 likes this.
    09-29-13 10:49 AM
    BBM will scan your contact list and check against the BBID database and then suggest you users to add.

Even inactive BBIDs will show if you have them in the contact's list. Same goes for the other party.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:19 AM
    So not a very ideal situation that the gf is seeing a TON of MY contacts. Makes for a very awkward conversation having to explain who "Cheap Massage" is and why it is in my contacts list. lol. What's even more bizarre is that many of the contacts that were suggested for her are no longer in my contact list - some from YEARS ago. We are each other's only contacts and thankfully I am not up to anything TOO unscrupulous, but sheesh, had I been, I'd be in trouble!

Any ideas? Frankly, not too wild about this potential privacy snafu. Hopefully someone else doesn't get busted because of this!
    04-03-14 10:17 AM