I regularly reload my z10 with the latest leaks and beta versions of BBM, unfortunately this is starting to annoy my BBM contacts who keep getting this message as a BBM status update every time I reload my phone. Is there any way to block or remove this status update?
    02-14-14 05:26 PM
    No there isn't and it is a real PAIN! I don't need to be advertising BBM for Android and iPhone when I upgrade. Shameful!
    02-14-14 05:38 PM
    #firstworldproblems
    WWBlondieDo and jayemmbee like this.
    02-14-14 05:41 PM
    Mine didn't do that on the latest update
    Well.. not that I noticed
    02-14-14 05:41 PM
    The real problem is that BlackBerry feels free to hijack our personal communication tools in order to insert and broadcast their own messaging of any sort. I don't know how prevalent this practice is on other platforms but regardless, it's an invasive and involuntary leveraging of my (and your) social capital, and it should be stopped. Both for this message, and future messages BlackBerry may have planned.

Any idea what the best way is to get BlackBerry's attention?
    02-18-14 04:56 PM
    It doesn't do this automatically, it shows you a message when you first open BBM asking if you want to update your status with that ad. All you have to do is click the X instead of accepting...

I install leaks all the time and don't have this issue. BlackBerry is not hijacking your personal communications tool.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 04:59 PM
    The only people who will see this message are the ones already using bbm. I find it annoying also.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:01 PM
    I'm glad you had a better experience, but please don't assume it is the same for everyone. I certainly wasn't given that choice, and I pay very close attention to what I click on. It strikes me as odd that all my contacts are "choosing" this status update as well. At least in my corner of the world, we're being hijacked.
    02-18-14 07:02 PM
    Hi there,

I have the same issue. I later found the little x which another poster referenced. Blackberry is being very tricky on this one. I am new to the Z10 and just pressed on the message trying to swipe it out of the way. I guess BB interprets that as acceptance and immediately posted it to all my contacts. I had to send them a message retracting it. The message fills up my screen and I did not see anything that said to accept it and post it to my friends. Perhaps that was lower on the screen, but who knows how I was to get there as touching the screen posted it. The second time I was very careful to only touch the little (tiny) x in the top right corner. Thankfully, I have small fingers. I hope this helps protect someone from BB sneaky tricks.
    What I will be doing is NOT recommending BBM for Android or iPhone.
    03-14-14 06:26 PM
    What does the # in the moderators post mean?

And yes I agree. It's a very un blackberry thing this crap is. Why do people I already have on BBM care?
    03-14-14 06:30 PM
    What does the # in the moderators post mean?

And yes I agree. It's a very un blackberry thing this crap is. Why do people I already have on BBM care?
    # is a hashtag, used in Twitter.

Somehow it has made it's way off of Twitter to other areas of the Internet where it has no use.

#firstworldproblems just means that this is what we complain about in the fortunate parts of the world, while third-world countries would give anything for a good meal, let alone owning a smartphone..
    03-14-14 07:29 PM
    How do you stop the android and iPhone messages????

Pin-333da576 flasher app ID-chjo83
    03-14-14 08:04 PM