I was reading a Blog post, and I posted the comment below. Then it occurred to me that this is a forum, and discussions are welcomed

So...

I'm not 100% sure why exactly, but, I'm not a fan of stickers. To me, BlackBerry and BBM (not sure if they are two separate companies or not) are gearing towards the business side market versus consumers. So, with that in mind, why do we need\want stickers?

I feel the money and efforts used to produce these stickers, could be geared towards something more constructive and productive, no?

Now, having said all that, if we were still in 2007, when BBM was the must have application, I feel BBM and BlackBerry would have made a killing releasing something like this. Although, the release of applications hadn't really taken off yet. But, you get my point...

Are BlackBerry and BBM making quite a bit of money from this venture?
    01-14-15 07:58 AM
    I use stickers and even buy a few sets. But not really seeing the benefit in it either. However, I think BB has no idea of to whom they would like to appeal. Business or consumer?
    01-14-15 08:01 AM
    Well, with 300 million sent per month, there has got to be some money made on it somehow! In the grand scheme of things even a portion of that is welcomed income. It's just not appealing to those that don't want to have sets installed automatically with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:23 AM
    Hmm, maybe I simply don't understand the appeal...

Well, with 300 million sent per month, there has got to be some money made on it somehow! In the grand scheme of things even a portion of that is welcomed income. It's just not appealing to those that don't want to have sets installed automatically with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by anon(153966); 01-14-15 at 10:35 AM. Reason: word change
    01-14-15 08:35 AM
    Hmm, maybe I simply get understand the appeal...
    Do you mean to say that you "don't" understand the appeal? If so, not all do. If you don't like the idea, I guess you probably could never come to terms with why others do like, purchase and buy them. To each their own I guess. That's like saying I don't get the idea of people getting bikini waxes. Not for me and I can't understand why people would subject themselves to that. However, unlike some, I do see pleasant returns on the effort when I go to the beach. ;-)

But I was basically responding to your question about BlackBerry making money. I don't see a lot of "resources" being put into coding an app for posting an image within BBM. Or within any IM app for that matter. The money returned is most likely exponentially greater than the "labor". IDK

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-14-15 08:53 AM
    Just say "No" to stickers....
    01-14-15 11:50 AM