Seems to me BBM sticker choices are incredibly lame. 80% of the stickers are to do with children's cartoons. Assuming 5 year old's aren't texting one another, I don't understand the marketing approach.

Like what power user sends care bear stickers to his buds?

Why aren't there sporting related stickers? If I had a sticker of a hab player beating down on maple leaf, I'd be all over that.

I realize team related stickers are a narrow market, but it is also something someone would be willing to pay a dollar for.

Maybe a NHL stars pack, or a FIFA stars pack.

Bottom line is that I'd like to support BlackBerry by shelling out 4 or 5 bucks a year on stickers but I haven't yet seen anything I'd use.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:44 PM
    Oddly enough, I see more and more children using phones everyday

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:56 PM
    Oddly enough, I see more and more children using phones everyday

Posted via CB10
    True but how many of them are using Blackberry. I have to agree with Ops, this stickers are a waste of time for BB users but as BBM is cross platform they (BB) are looking for a niche to make it fun.
    12-24-14 03:25 PM
    I don't like that the stickers don't convey everyday emotions or everyday conversation gestures.

Why the hell would I send a Disney sticker to my friend at the middle of our conversation?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:30 PM
    I don't like that the stickers don't convey everyday emotions or everyday conversation gestures.

Why the hell would I send a Disney sticker to my friend at the middle of our conversation?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

I'm in favour of stickers on the platform and I think adults use them (there is plenty of evidence of that), but the stickers they are creating don't match any conceivable usage scenario that I can think of.

Some of them have a thumps up gesture or something like that but I'm not going send a ******* care bear "thumbs up" to my buddy while chatting. I'll get beat up. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:33 PM
    Agreed. The sticker choices could be better...but professionally they have no place anyway

To friends... if I send a sticker the usually send me a reply something like

Hhahaha...sticker, that's funny.

Sadly. Almost embarrassing.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:52 PM
    All of this just indicates that you are not of the culture that uses stickers. Which was the same culture where BlackBerry sales were increasing when almost everyone else believed they were dying. It is a small enough gesture for that, and must be profitable or they would have dumped them by now. It is a wide world, and since North America is not the biggest or most profitable market for them, it isn't surprising when some of their marketing decisions seem strange.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 08:56 AM
    Seems to me BBM sticker choices are incredibly lame. 80% of the stickers are to do with children's cartoons. Assuming 5 year old's aren't texting one another, I don't understand the marketing approach.

Like what power user sends care bear stickers to his buds?

Why aren't there sporting related stickers? If I had a sticker of a hab player beating down on maple leaf, I'd be all over that.

I realize team related stickers are a narrow market, but it is also something someone would be willing to pay a dollar for.

Maybe a NHL stars pack, or a FIFA stars pack.

Bottom line is that I'd like to support BlackBerry by shelling out 4 or 5 bucks a year on stickers but I haven't yet seen anything I'd use.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with you. I'd like to see some sticker packs that cater to all tastes. Personally I'd like to see "rage comic" and other popular internet meme sticker packs.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:12 AM
    Snicker sent . . .

Uzi, RoseBud68 and bigbadben10 like this.
    12-25-14 09:33 AM

Sticker choices are frustratingly lame!!!-img_20141225_233538.png

BlackBerry Passport
    12-25-14 09:36 AM
    Stupid stickers, plus I'd never pay 1$ especially when I've pretty much switched to Whatsapp. (I tried to get people to use bbm).

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:04 AM
    I'd be very curious to see the actual revenue from these things. TBH, I can't see them generating huge $$.

There should be a way of you adding and using your own stickers without having to use the market also.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:24 AM
    they all suck.. and now they're forcing us to use them by defaulting to stickers.. what's the next smart move from BB?

a rage face sticker pack would be worth it though but if it hasn't been made yet I doubt it ever will
    12-27-14 05:10 PM
    Ya I don't mind the default to stickers but open the production of stickers up to the wider public. That would drive an enormous surge in sticker production.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:55 PM
    Stickers aren't meant for business, they're for fun between family and friends.
    Sticker choices are frustratingly lame!!!-img_20141227_211922_edit.png

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    12-27-14 08:24 PM