BBM: Dead On Arrival | Hamza Khan

It has received likes, and has comments agreeing with the author.

I responded (on Facebook) with the following :

The line up is no more (CB article link posted)

Why BBM will beat Whatsapp:

1. Whatsapp tried to charge users $1/year to use the service, BBM will be free forever.
    2. BBM messages are delivered over Blackberry's secure network, which even governments can't read, Whatsapp isn't secure.
    3. Get someone's old phone number, and you'll have people messaging you, thinking you're someone else. Or, vice versa, you'll message someone, thinking that they're someone else. People dead for 2 years have "come back to life " on whatsapp.
    4. Whatsapp has voice clips implemented quite well, but who the hell uses voice clips? BBM has voice and video calls.
    5. BBM Channels - BBM will have its own social network.
    6. BBM Money - users will be able to transfer funds to each other, securely. I strongly suspect this will also become a secure method of mobile payments at the retail level.
    bluetroll and Javid Gozalov like this.
    10-27-13 09:48 AM
    A lot of pure fantasy there.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:57 AM
    Clearly hasn't done his research

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:49 PM
    2. BBM messages are delivered over Blackberry's secure network, which even governments can't read, Whatsapp isn't secure.
    but they can.

4. Whatsapp has voice clips implemented quite well, but who the hell uses voice clips? BBM has voice and video calls.
    "I don't use it, therefore no one uses it!"

6. BBM Money - users will be able to transfer funds to each other, securely. I strongly suspect this will also become a secure method of mobile payments at the retail level.
    Not available to 99.99% of the world!
    10-27-13 12:52 PM
    Not concerning because only 31 people like his page. While 10 million+ BBM downloads per day says a lot more.
    10-28-13 02:38 AM
    Let the article say anything... I'm a proud user of BBM
    I even got my dad to download the BBM on his nexus and he is enjoying it...BTW... He's a really non tech person...
    BBM is good and is here to stay...

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 using CB10 App
    10-28-13 08:18 AM
    A lot of pure fantasy there.

Posted via CB10
    For clarity, I meant the OP, not the article.
    10-28-13 12:00 PM
    I'm not sure why people like to bring attention to these negative articles...?
    Is there a point in missing?

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    10-28-13 12:07 PM
    I actually hope that bbm brings the little voice clips/ptt to the app. I found it really useful when I was driving and didn't want to be typing to be able to just record a little voice note and send it over instead. That was the only really good feature of Whatsapp, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:23 PM
    I actually hope that bbm brings the little voice clips/ptt to the app. I found it really useful when I was driving and didn't want to be typing to be able to just record a little voice note and send it over instead. That was the only really good feature of Whatsapp, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't the BBM Voice Notes feature included in BBM for android and i-phone?

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-28-13 12:42 PM