How about version numbers, device info, etc.... the things that actually help someone help you.

Posted via CB10
    How about reading the thread and seeing that it was because someone had invited over 100 people into a single chat and it was lagging BBM and eventually my entire phone. Version numbering wasn't going to help much if I couldn't get to it . Anyway it's sorted. I am sure you probably won't believe it anyway. So I am off to bed, gonna get some sleep because my 2 year old and 5 month old will be up in the morning.

To all the tried to help I thank you.
    southlander likes this.
    06-19-14 05:08 PM
    Go to settings > security question on invites

Attachment 279007

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    What does this feature actually do?
    06-19-14 05:45 PM
    What does this feature actually do?
    Forces them to answer a security question on invite.
    06-19-14 06:15 PM
    That's a contact feature though, and not a "chat feature"

Between the multiple bbm updates on all platforms recently, and the variety of os packages for BlackBerry and android... it would have been helpful to identify this issue with a particular sub set of softwares.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:24 PM
    It's there only to stop bots to send requests then?
    06-19-14 06:39 PM
    Fantastic. I am so hacked off about this. I was chatting with a friend and then this happens. Urgh.....
    block the original person the chat is with.
    06-19-14 06:46 PM
    block the original person the chat is with.
    Which -- again -- requires one to navigate inside of BBM -- which ---- he could not.
    06-19-14 08:00 PM
    So it turns out that, in fact I am still receiving the messages. But instead of been a constant stream I am getting a influx of them every couple of hours.
    Someone added over 100 people chat. Need to end it.-img_20140620_154817.png
    Someone added over 100 people chat. Need to end it.-img_20140620_154744.png
    Someone added over 100 people chat. Need to end it.-img_20140620_154750.png

I am running the latest official OS version along with the latest BBM version. I even did a security wipe and it still gets them through. And even when I wasn't logged into BBM. So annoyed. The chat remains in the hub even after doing a hub reset. Every so often I get a flurry of messages and my phone gets incredibly hot.
    06-20-14 10:03 AM
    Yeah happen to me to yesterday I have multiple person chat in one chat room luckily only few people not 100 so can easily leave chat

Posted via CB10
    critanime likes this.
    06-20-14 10:09 AM
    It annoying because when I get a influx of new messages it beats the hell out of my phone and it gets hot. I just worry what it is doing to the battery and the internals.
    06-20-14 10:11 AM
    It annoying because when I get a influx of new messages it beats the hell out of my phone and it gets hot. I just worry what it is doing to the battery and the internals.
    Did you see the first person who invited you to the chat?
    Delete him so you won't get any chats invite again

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:13 AM
    Has anything changed on the phone during the time after the start of the issue? Updates, app deletion, app installs....
    06-20-14 10:15 AM
    I even did a security wipe and it still gets them through.
    I did a complete security wipe and before I had chance to sign into BBM or assign my ID to the phone, because you can only assign one BB ID to the phone, I still got some messages. Which means they must be coming straight through to the PIN. I have done nothing since the Security wipe besides install whatsapp and cb app.

Did you see the first person who invited you to the chat?
    Delete him so you won't get any chats invite again

Posted via CB10
    I did that last night. But still getting them.
    06-20-14 10:17 AM
    When you "deleted" the contact that started the chat with you, did you select "block future invites"?
    06-20-14 10:24 AM
    yes... i did mention this before.

It's obvious looking at it that the BBM servers are just pushing this to the PIN. Regardless of who is signed it, or even it no one is signed in. I am just going to have to wait it out and hope that these flurries are the last remnants of the chat coming through.
    06-20-14 10:26 AM
    My follow up to that, is... when the "chat" comes through anyway... is the contact re-added to your list?
    or do you have a chat from a non-contact?
    06-20-14 10:28 AM
    I did a complete security wipe and before I had chance to sign into BBM or assign my ID to the phone, because you can only assign one BB ID to the phone, I still got some messages. Which means they must be coming straight through to the PIN. I have done nothing since the Security wipe besides install whatsapp and cb app.

I did that last night. But still getting them.

You can't install any app without sign in your bbid

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:38 AM
    You can't install any app without sign in your bbid

Posted via CB10
    He didn't sign on bbm though which is a different thing.

Posted via CB10
    critanime likes this.
    06-20-14 10:40 AM
    My follow up to that, is... when the "chat" comes through anyway... is the contact re-added to your list?
    or do you have a chat from a non-contact?
    When the chat, because I get the distinct impression you don't believe a word of this anyway, does come back it shows messages from people who are not in my contacts. The contact the initiated this is gone. He is no longer in my contacts. But the chat is coming through from random people I don't know.
    06-20-14 10:40 AM
    He didn't sign on bbm though which is a different thing.

Posted via CB10
    Bbm is linked with the bbid though, once you sign in your bbid you trigger bbm too.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:46 AM
    All together now:

But the chat came back the very next day.
    Yes, the chat came back. They thought it was a goner.
    But the chat came back. It just wouldn't stay away.
    06-20-14 10:56 AM
    Bbm is linked with the bbid though, once you sign in your bbid you trigger bbm too.

Posted via CB10
    Actually you still need to run BBM once to activate it properly. The initial sign in when you start you phone links the phones PIN to your login. Before I had even a chance to do this I received messages. Since the last time, which was before I posted the pics, I have had no more. And a phone restart seems to have cleared it from the hub for now.
    06-20-14 10:56 AM
    All together now:

But the chat came back the very next day.
    Yes, the chat came back. They thought it was a goner.
    But the chat came back. It just wouldn't stay away.
    That made me chuckle.
    06-20-14 10:57 AM
    When the chat, because I get the distinct impression you don't believe a word of this anyway, does come back it shows messages from people who are not in my contacts. The contact the initiated this is gone. He is no longer in my contacts. But the chat is coming through from random people I don't know.
    This seems to be corrupted permissions on the chat session. Normally non-contacts would need permission to send the chat content to your phone. But with the "host" gone, and the permissions still open, you get each subsequent message.

You could escalate this to bb, or invite each and every person in the chat to be a contact, and then delete and block them.
    or back up your phone, and trade it in for a new one.

One other thing to try, would be to create a "new" bbid. wipe the phone, sign in with the fresh ID, and see if it still happens AFTER the new ID sign in.
    06-20-14 11:00 AM
    This seems to be corrupted permissions on the chat session. Normally non-contacts would need permission to send the chat content to your phone. But with the "host" gone, and the permissions still open, you get each subsequent message.

You could escalate this to bb, or invite each and every person in the chat to be a contact, and then delete and block them.
    or back up your phone, and trade it in for a new one.
    I am going to contact them regarding this. Though a new phone is out of the question as I don't have the money for a new one.

One other thing to try, would be to create a "new" bbid. wipe the phone, sign in with the fresh ID, and see if it still happens AFTER the new ID sign in.
    This was my initial idea after a fresh wipe. What I found was that the chat appears back in the hub, leading me to the notion that the servers are just forwarding it on to the pin. Another wipe, this time using the restore with complete os download, still did the same.
    06-20-14 11:10 AM
54 123