04-25-15 05:21 PM
30 12
tools
    So I read about BBM Protected...seems great! But it's full of BUGS
    I'm so angry! I can't use it anymore!!
    I wanted to activate it on my main BBID to test it out- but got an error message:
    ERROR LOGIN in: SAML provider returned Responder Error...
    Contacted BB for help but no answer....
    So I added my PRIVATE BBID to activate BBM Protected and it finally works! i bought one activation! But now this:

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_214513.png

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_214716.png

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_215223.png

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_215303.png

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_215418.png

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_215432.png

[SOLVED] BBM PROTECTED is NOT FIT and full of BUGS for Corporate use!-img_20150421_215506.png

I contacted help@blackberry.com (WITHOUT ANY ANSWER!!!!!!), I contacted BlackBerry Help on Twitter- got only an answer like: please contact your IT Admin...hehe !!! Helloooooo I am my own Admin

WHATS UP WITH YOU BB??
    Your services are SAD to use!! Why wont they help me? Where can I contact someone from BB??
    What should I do?
    The problem start always right after first chat or after 2minutes of chats, or after sending 1 picture

So new users- be aware of it!! Don't buy it! if you gonna have problems you are on your own.........
    04-22-15 02:08 PM
    What version of BES are you running?
    04-22-15 02:24 PM
    Typical, are looking for help or just want to rant, which is it.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-22-15 02:41 PM
    OP has a fair point. It IS full of bugs. I'm wary sending pictures via BBM now because it always seems to go crazy right afterwards.

For 25 dollars a year I hope they square some of this away.

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-22-15 03:16 PM
    Typical, are looking for help or just want to rant, which is it.
    Hmmm I need help. BB won't help...not via email or twitter...
    I don't know what to do :/
    Hope some CB Pros can help me!!
    The other story here- people need to see the issues before buying a subscription :/ i've bought it and BB won't help me to fix 2 issues

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-22-15 03:26 PM
    What version of BES are you running?
    No bes on this BBID. Only paid subscription.
    The first BBID that didnt worked was on BES10 Cloud activated.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-22-15 03:30 PM
    What do the messages say for the German impaired?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:48 PM
    Yeah its buggy if you use it with other non BBM protected subscribers. But if you add the BBID of the users you want under your subscription via the administrator console then there won't be an issue as it works pretty much flawless in that regard.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-22-15 04:15 PM
    Yeah its buggy if you use it with other non BBM protected subscribers. But if you add the BBID of the users you want under your subscription via the administrator console then there won't be an issue as it works pretty much flawless in that regard.

That's not really the point. It's supposed to be somewhat transparent and it fails. It's honestly the number one reason I won't sign up for Protected. It's too buggy still and while some bugs are to be expected, when it's a service you are paying for it's even more bothersome. If it was free, well there's a level of forgiveness there. Nevermind the HQ image issues that weren't even mentioned here, that's just another issue on top.
    eyesopen1111 and jmr1015 like this.
    04-22-15 04:25 PM
    That's not really the point. It's supposed to be somewhat transparent and it fails. It's honestly the number one reason I won't sign up for Protected. It's too buggy still and while some bugs are to be expected, when it's a service you are paying for it's even more bothersome. If it was free, well there's a level of forgiveness there. Nevermind the HQ image issues that weren't even mentioned here, that's just another issue on top.
    Yeah I agree with the negative sentiment towards BBM protected, I wasn't defending the service but offering a temporary solution for anyone who paid for the service without realizing how buggy it is.

Unfortunately for early adopters of BBM protected many of us didn't realize how bad these major bugs are but ended up paying for it, so I offered a suggestion to make it less bothersome to use until the BBM team iron the bugs out, hopefully the service will get better sooner rather then later.

Last edited by spiculated; 04-22-15 at 11:26 PM.
    04-22-15 10:37 PM
    What do the messages say for the German impaired?

Posted via CB10
    (the red sign) BBM Protected fails to connect
    (the grey sign) BBM is connecting
    (the green R) BBM is connected

The worst thing- its getting red, grey, red, red, red, green--> when its green I can write a message. After one message its again -->red, red, red,red, grey, green, red, red.
    The other person got the same sparks unable to comunicate.

It's impossible to write a message.
    Oh, one more thing- the other conntact is on BB10 too!

Posted via Q10Bold
    BCITMike likes this.
    04-23-15 01:12 AM
    Well, you're further along than me. I signed up for it almost two weeks ago now and haven't had any success even logging in. My service ticket finally got an email response yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:58 AM
    I just disabled my entitlement. Too buggy and it's starting to put off my other BBM contacts.

I'll try it again in a few months. If anyone wants to take advantage of my entitlement until I'm ready to give it another go leave a comment below.

04-23-15 09:32 AM
    OP same issue here..can't request HD pic can't send or receive file

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:49 AM
    Well, you're further along than me. I signed up for it almost two weeks ago now and haven't had any success even logging in. My service ticket finally got an email response yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    Ohh :/. Hope the best for you!
    Did they answer you on the help@blackberry.com email? Or did you try out another email?

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-23-15 12:58 PM
    OP same issue here..can't request HD pic can't send or receive file

Posted via CB10
    Did you contacted BlackBerry? Trough your Admin? Or what should we do- those without an Admin...

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-23-15 01:06 PM
    I got an email back saying that one guy was going to try and help me out. I will talk to them next week as I am out of the country at the moment.

Although I am willing to go through this to try and get it working I wonder how many others will simply throw in the towel. This sign up process just needs to work.

But from the preceeding messages it sounds like the sign up process isn't the only thing that is broken.
    Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 01:22 PM
    I just disabled my entitlement. Too buggy and it's starting to put off my other BBM contacts.

I'll try it again in a few months. If anyone wants to take advantage of my entitlement until I'm ready to give it another go leave a comment below.

I found that the "BBM protected plus" entitlement was giving me the worst issues, like the ones being reported here. Once I disabled "BBM protected plus" and BBM protected wasn't forced onto my other contacts that was not under my entitlement, the service became tolerable to use.

Thank god the service allows you to add other BBM users via their BBID to your service via entitlement making messaging and sending pics/requesting HD pics to other BBM protected users (the ones you entitled to use the service or themselves subscribing to the protected service) is at least working "normal". This is the solution I'm using until they fix the major issues. It is a bummer because BBM protected plus was one of the selling features for me.

Last edited by spiculated; 04-23-15 at 04:59 PM.
    04-23-15 04:46 PM

Hi please for my wife pin:2B832EE5

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 03:20 AM
    I found that the "BBM protected plus" entitlement was giving me the worst issues, like the ones being reported here. Once I disabled "BBM protected plus" and BBM protected wasn't forced onto my other contacts that was not under my entitlement, the service became tolerable to use.

Thank god the service allows you to add other BBM users via their BBID to your service via entitlement making messaging and sending pics/requesting HD pics to other BBM protected users (the ones you entitled to use the service or themselves subscribing to the protected service) is at least working "normal". This is the solution I'm using until they fix the major issues. It is a bummer because BBM protected plus was one of the selling features for me.

Yes, but I bought it specifically because I wanted an easy way to have end-to-end encrypted chats with people that I knew weren't going to purchase the service themselves. Security is more important to me than most other people in my life.

Having BBM protected and chatting only with other BBM protected customers is virtually useless for me.

04-24-15 08:45 AM
    Yes, but I bought it specifically because I wanted an easy way to have end-to-end encrypted chats with people that I knew weren't going to purchase the service themselves. Security is more important to me than most other people in my life.

Having BBM protected and chatting only with other BBM protected customers is virtually useless for me.

I agree. That's why I got it too, and their protected plus service just simply doesn't work anywhere near like it's supposed to. I had to turn it off, cause my contacts were getting annoyed. Pretty sad that they can't this right.
    04-24-15 09:04 AM

Yeah BBM team also didn't make it user friendly to use too. For me the 'BBM protected plus' was the biggest selling feature.

Once I saw how it was implemented I was so shocked because of the bugs, the way it's all or nothing (you can't pick and choose who you want a protected chat with), and the way you needed to be logged into the administrator console to dole out entitlements. BlackBerry got the technical "science" of securing messages now they need the "art" of delivering something that can be used effortlessly.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2726
    Last edited by spiculated; 04-25-15 at 12:52 AM.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-24-15 07:49 PM
    Update latest BBM update from BlackBerry World fixed the HD pic issue yay!

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    04-24-15 10:26 PM
    I was planning on signing up for BBM protected as soon as it was available, but after reading about the plethora of bugs I will give Blackberry a month or two to work out some of the more problematic issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:51 AM
    So, did the recent update fix all the issues or not?
    04-25-15 10:35 AM
30 12