Why is there ALWAYS something missing? Is it in the works or what? Why was it not included in the 2.0 update? BlackBerry can't get anything right...

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-15-14 01:43 AM
    A little demanding aren't we? It has gone cross platform, it has now voice and channels. More are coming, baby steps!
    jadedacadian likes this.
    02-15-14 02:11 AM
    They are not in the position to take baby steps. Apple & Samsung can take babysteps.. BlackBerry needs to get their **** together and release ONE complete project...... ON TIME & complete

ALWAYS WAITING ON THE NEXT UPDATE.... this is exactly why I'm not on BB10 now.

Brandon Tobias likes this.
    02-15-14 02:18 AM
    They are not in the position to take baby steps. Apple & Samsung can take babysteps.. BlackBerry needs to get their **** together and release ONE complete project...... ON TIME & complete

ALWAYS WAITING ON THE NEXT UPDATE.... this is exactly why I'm not on BB10 now.

Delete it.. Problem solved. Otherwise, get a BlackBerry10 phone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 02-15-14 at 02:47 AM.
    02-15-14 02:28 AM
    Just a little warning, having a rant is fine, but keep it civil.

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    02-15-14 02:32 AM
    Deleted.

The dark theme actually helped to make the user interface more polished and easier to take everything in which is another problem. UI is ancient. What happened to the cool things TaT was supposed to bring? BBM looks like a rookie app in the Google play store. The dark theme helped...

There are a gang of other things that's wrong with their execution of all this. (Like always) As a Longtime BB user, I hate to see them go out like this......

02-15-14 07:11 AM
    Just a little warning, having a rant is fine, but keep it civil.

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    What was uncivil about my "rant" all I said was bb needs to get their **** together. That's a fact!

02-15-14 07:22 AM
    I'll check back in 4-6 months... maybe then it will have updated some things....

02-15-14 07:44 AM
    Why is there ALWAYS something missing? Is it in the works or what? Why was it not included in the 2.0 update? BlackBerry can't get anything right...

Its not a BBM feature, its a BB10 feature.. deal with it

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-15-14 07:46 AM

Haha you really need to chill a bit! If you want dark theme, try to find it in Google Play!

The theme is part of the OS. Its like ranting about not having the iPhone Keyboard on BBM and saying it's BlackBerry's fault. Wew...

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:55 AM
    #Facepalm...

The point is without it, it looks horrible... I know it's hard for some of you to acknowledge, but "dark theme" was created for a reason. Because the original UI is classic (as in old) and I'm not looking for you to agree with me, I know where I am. I'm just calling them out on their slackness.

anon3230140 and nah.uhh like this.
    02-15-14 08:52 AM
    #Facepalm...

The point is without it, it looks horrible... I know it's hard for some of you to acknowledge, but "dark theme" was created for a reason. Because the original UI is classic (as in old) and I'm not looking for you to agree with me, I know where I am. I'm just calling them out on their slackness.

Nah mate you're wrong wrong wrong! Black theme was created because people requested it for the z10 as it was only the q10 that had it as a default at the time and that's cos of the type of screen tech it uses i.e. oled and also for battery saving purposes. It's just an option people using the z10 wanted cos some like the look but others prefer white so we got the option for both on the z10. That's also why u only get it on a few parts of the z10 but the z30 and q10 have it in more areas like settings etc which are still white on the z10. It's the same way the cb10 app is white on the z10 but black on the q10 and z30.

The main reason for the black colour is for battery saving that's why you're advised to use a black wall paper to also help save battery.

If you really want it go rant on android forums and ask that they allow BlackBerry to implement it otherwise get a BlackBerry 10 phone. I'm sure it can be done but you must understand.. even though you choose not to.. that BlackBerry must get approval from android and ios before they implement it so please go moan to the OS owners.

Last edited by BlackB_G; 02-15-14 at 09:28 AM.
    cyblitz likes this.
    02-15-14 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought too. I thought the whole point of dark theme on the q10 was to save battery life even. At least that's what a lot of people on here said it was originally for.

Honestly you would think some people would just be happy to have BBM on their phones even if it isn't a blackberry handset they are using. I know I am.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    02-15-14 05:05 PM
    BBM, in its current form, is not that awe inspiring on an android phone as it is on a BB10 phone because there are so many choices in the play store of apps that are just as good, or even better in some aspects.

TO ME: It would make sense to put my best foot forward when stepping into an arena like BB did stepping into cross platform mobile messaging. The UI is ugly. No one has argued against that, so even you (The Remnant) know it's true. In my opinion, the dark theme makes it look better........ shouldn't someone say "hey, let's put in the option for the nice looking theme, the one that so many argued for when we stupidly put it only in the q10"......... half stepping into this new arena is a huge mistake. There are too many GOOD competitors. My wife and I have been on these boards and owned bb phones alot longer than some of you. We've rode through all the disappointments and frustrations and only recently switched to Samsung devices even though we still own 2 playbooks (don't even go there) so we are the type of people BB is trying to win back through this venture. When I asked my wife to download the cross platform bbm, she said "why?"

Last edited by KOOLWATER; 02-15-14 at 07:03 PM.
    02-15-14 06:47 PM
    BBM, in its current form, is not that awe inspiring on an android phone as it is on a BB10 phone because there are so many choices in the play store of apps that are just as good, or even better in some aspects.

Ok, thank you. I'm sure they will work a lot harder now to make android a better device and better battery life. Have a great day.

The Most Interesting Device In The World, BBZ10! Keep Moving My Friends!
    02-15-14 06:55 PM

TO ME: It would make sense to put my best foot forward when stepping into an arena like BB did stepping into cross platform mobile messaging. The UI is ugly. No one has argued against that, so even you (The Remnant) know it's true. In my opinion, the dark theme makes it look better........ shouldn't someone say "hey, let's put in the option for the nice looking theme, the one that so many argued for when we stupidly put it only in the q10"......... half stepping into this new arena is a huge mistake. There are too many GOOD competitors. My wife and I have been on these boards and owned bb phones alot longer than some of you. We've rode through all the disappointments and frustrations and only recently switched to Samsung devices even though we still own 2 playbooks (don't even go there) so we are the type of people BB is trying to win back through this venture. When I asked my wife to download the cross platform bbm, she said "why?"

What you need to understand dude is that here in BlackBerry World.. android is only a 3rd class citizen. When BlackBerry gets round to it you guys will get what we BlackBerry users already have like video calling, black theme etc... If you don't like it.. use hangouts or whatever else you feel is more awe inspiring for the android folk. Till then.. either deal with it or get a BlackBerry 10 phone. This is getting boring now cos nobody really cares.

Last edited by BlackB_G; 03-09-14 at 03:47 AM.
    02-16-14 12:30 PM
    I rather dark theme stay being exclusive for BB10 devices. You want dark go BB10 but otherwise be happy and content about what's offered.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    it should be a feature so that means bb is catering to amoled displays on their phones but done care about other amoled or samoleds which kills battery life its a matter of changing the images the app renders and some colour values ..... not a hard feature to add think im edit the APK file myself.

difference is i can wait for dark theme but telling people to go blackberry 10 or un-install the app or use another app is harsh and ridiculous .....

fact is blackberry wants more users on the app so doing dark theme and video as well as other innovative features is the way to get it otherwise whatsapp and other clients will win
    03-05-14 01:26 PM
    Deleted.

The dark theme actually helped to make the user interface more polished and easier to take everything in which is another problem. UI is ancient. What happened to the cool things TaT was supposed to bring? BBM looks like a rookie app in the Google play store. The dark theme helped...

There are a gang of other things that's wrong with their execution of all this. (Like always) As a Longtime BB user, I hate to see them go out like this......

A rookie app? Because the in house android messaging app is so much better. Oh wait...

Colour does not change functionality. Not to mention the dark theme is an OS option. I'm in no way a BlackBerry apologist but at least know the details before you rant.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    03-08-14 08:18 AM