BBM biggest issue- when a contact is offline the picture wont be delivered. The contact has to be online to received the picture. That is stupid!!!!
    The 2nd issue: everytime I get a message there is a notification! Even when I am in the chat, there is a sound!! Why? Whatsapp does it waaay better :/

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-25-14 01:17 PM
    I agree with tonyfox. Why should someone has to request a higher picture quality??? If they want to save data volume then they should compress picture in a better quality. Whatsapp compresses pictures too, but in a higher quality! Let the file size be 10 or 20 Kb bigger, but pictures look much better!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:55 PM
    I agree with tonyfox. Why should someone has to request a higher picture quality???
    There are two people involved in the exchange. You're only factoring in one side of things. Person B might want to receive a HQ picture but Person A might not be okay with sending it - hence the request.

...they should compress picture in a better quality. Whatsapp compresses pictures too, but in a higher quality! Let the file size be 10 or 20 Kb bigger, but pictures look much better!

Posted via CB10
    I fully agree - I've long been an advocate of BBM using a less destructive / higher quality image compression. I really think it's the best way forward for all involved.
    SalMan50 likes this.
    07-25-14 02:31 PM
    As a BlackBerry user I am trying to spread BBM among my friends.

The main problem is that WhatsApp has become the messaging standard around here. Almost everybody is using it, so why bother to install and register to another client? And then you have to ask everybody for their PIN? Negative - for most people.

But then again, I have convinced some friends to use BBM. I am constantly using it with my girlfriend, even though I am her only BBM contact, and I am also exclusively using BBM with one of my best friends.
    Additionally I have recommended BBM to a friend who wanted to abandon WhatsApp because of security reasons and he is using it now. That has lead a few others to switch to BBM as well.

And finally I am in a 12 participants frequent flyer BBM group which is very convenient since I don't know everybody and I don't care to give out my cell phone number to all of them.
    07-28-14 04:05 AM
29 12