Everyday it seems like I lose a friend on bbm because they delete it... anyone else noticing this?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:49 PM
    No, I've added five since the release. Are your contacts citing any particular reason?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:56 PM
    hmm yes and no, they come and go, some thinks it's too hard, and old habits die hard (viber, whatsapp etc etc).
    10-31-13 06:57 PM
    hmm yes and no, they come and go, some thinks it's too hard, and old habits die hard (viber, whatsapp etc etc).
    Too hard?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:00 PM
    Most of them gone back to KIK

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:05 PM
    Too hard for being the best app on communication ? I can understand that for iPhone and Android user they don't know better....

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    BernardK likes this.
    10-31-13 07:06 PM
    Everyday it seems like I lose a friend on bbm because they delete it... anyone else noticing this?

Posted via CB10
    Hell no, my contacts have quadrupled since the release of BBM on iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:06 PM
    Too hard?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe too hard to put up with the frequently delays that have plagued xBBM (although are getting better now)?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:10 PM
    It's till increasing for me. All the agencies, agents, djs and. Producers jumped on bbm and we have our own bbm channel as well for bookings, exclusive sharing songs, etc.

I hope your list gets bigger again.
    10-31-13 07:17 PM
    Nope.

The day before it went Cross Platform I had roughly 20-24 contacts.

Today I have 50.

Posted via my Z30.
    10-31-13 07:18 PM
    No. I get more friends on my bbm. But yet again, my bbmers are ppl that I talk to just about every day.
    10-31-13 07:20 PM
    Before it went cross platform I had 10 now it's about 50 but slowly declining now I am at 42 and my friend deleted her's so now I'm at 41

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:20 PM
    this is why install numbers is irrelevant

crackberry keeps touting 20 million or whatever installs of bbmx...who cares. This does not mean 20 million more people are using bbm. For every app I have downloaded and kept on my device, 9 have been deleted quickly and I assume most people have a similar pattern.

We know the monthly usage rate of whatsapp, hopefully blackberry provides the same so we know where it stands.
    10-31-13 08:14 PM
    I'm not getting people deleting but old habits do diehard and people are really into their existing messaging apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:17 PM
    this is why install numbers is irrelevant

crackberry keeps touting 20 million or whatever installs of bbmx...who cares. This does not mean 20 million more people are using bbm. For every app I have downloaded and kept on my device, 9 have been deleted quickly and I assume most people have a similar pattern.

We know the monthly usage rate of whatsapp, hopefully blackberry provides the same so we know where it stands.
    See the title? It says active.

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...irst-week.html

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    10-31-13 08:37 PM
    See the title? It says active.

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...irst-week.html

Posted via CB10
    Then how many messages were sent?
    10-31-13 08:38 PM
    Gaining for me.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-31-13 08:39 PM
    I've heard multiple stories where users installed BBM, tried it and ended not using it and uninstalling it later. But what the hell do they expect if they're not active and do not ask their friends to join them on BBM or do not participate in any BBM groups? They forget that everyone had 0 contacts on Facebook/WhatsApp/Kik too when they started using it.
    I've heard very few complaints about the actual quality of BBM, mostly they complain about lack of users or that tjey simply did not get used to BBm, none of which is a Blackberry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:45 PM
    Then how many messages were sent?
    At least 1

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:16 PM
    Hell no, my contacts have quadrupled since the release of BBM on iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    How many did you have originally - 1? - Just kidding
    10-31-13 09:16 PM
    I deleted Whatsapp after it ate my battery on Z10...just sayin'
    10-31-13 11:11 PM
    Used to have 3 before bbm x, now I have 15, mine is only growing.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:59 AM
    Well I went from having 2 contacts to having 10 although if BlackBerry doesn't address the unreliability issue of messages not getting through to Android and iPhone users. Those numbers may begin to decrease. There is a lot lag in messages getting to iPhone and Android users. That's first and foremost, then they really need to release updates to bring xBBM to speed and make it comparable to BBM for BlackBerry. They also need to address the issue of jot being able to share files, pictures, videos, voice notes and location in group chats. And finally they need to hurry up and bring BBM Channels to BBM for all platforms. Hustle BlackBerry before you start loosing subscribers.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:36 PM
    Well I went from having 2 contacts to having 10 although if BlackBerry doesn't address the unreliability issue of messages not getting through to Android and iPhone users. Those numbers may begin to decrease. There is a lot lag in messages getting to iPhone and Android users. That's first and foremost, then they really need to release updates to bring xBBM to speed and make it comparable to BBM for BlackBerry. They also need to address the issue of jot being able to share files, pictures, videos, voice notes and location in group chats. And finally they need to hurry up and bring BBM Channels to BBM for all platforms. Hustle BlackBerry before you start loosing subscribers.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't had any issues at all sending to iPhone or Android, I don't think this is a common issues..?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:43 PM
    I've heard multiple stories where users installed BBM, tried it and ended not using it and uninstalling it later. But what the hell do they expect if they're not active and do not ask their friends to join them on BBM or do not participate in any BBM groups? They forget that everyone had 0 contacts on Facebook/WhatsApp/Kik too when they started using it.
    I've heard very few complaints about the actual quality of BBM, mostly they complain about lack of users or that tjey simply did not get used to BBm, none of which is a Blackberry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    Not really true on the 0 contacts part. Whatsapp lists people in my contacts that already have whatsapp. Facebook made suggestions based on email addresses or people I already knew.

The only way to add someone is if they give you a PIN. As far as I can tell, the "suggested" users under bbm invites are only blackberry users. They don't suggest iPhone or Android users that are also in your contacts.

This is a huge hole for them. Why go through the trouble of getting someone's pin when I can already see them on whatsapp because of their phone number? So, lack of users is BlackBerry's fault. Are you saying it's our fault bbm couldn't get enough users?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:16 AM
43 12