While surfing some other site, came across a similar poll. Couldn't help but notice that majority of people wanted BBM to come to windows phone. I couldn't disagree more. Why the hell would we do that? Am I missing something?

In this cut throat market wouldn't it be smart to hold back the competition by all means?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 06:36 PM
    Yes, they should when Microsoft gives us a native version of Skype, bing, and all its other apps.
    09-09-13 06:38 PM
    Yes. More cross platforms increases market share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Loc22 likes this.
    09-09-13 06:39 PM
    Bare in mind Microsoft took forever to release Skype and only released it later on when the Z10 suffered irreparable damages. Furthermore, instagram is not released mainly because of the affiliation with Microsoft despite Facebook's effort to push it out.

This is a two way street!

Yes, they should when Microsoft gives us a native version of Skype, bing, and all its other apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 06:42 PM
    Yeah just to show them we are the bigger person ;p

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-09-13 07:12 PM
    If Windows Phone keeps growing, it will come. It's really not a conspiracy ... iOS and Android have hundreds of millions of active users. Windows Phone does not.

Doesn't mean it's never going to come.
    09-09-13 07:16 PM
    Yes they should, definitely.

The day is long gone where they need to protect their hardware share. They need to get everyone possible using BBM, so next time it's time to upgrade (and the user is hooked on the BBM app) they can market it and say, "You like BBM? You should try it natively! It's even better! And you can keep chatting with all your friends!"
    Loc22 likes this.
    09-09-13 10:28 PM
    Bare in mind Microsoft took forever to release Skype and only released it later on when the Z10 suffered irreparable damages. Furthermore, instagram is not released mainly because of the affiliation with Microsoft despite Facebook's effort to push it out.

This is a two way street!

Posted via CB10
    Nah. It had nothing to do with Skype, IMHO. If BBRY was dumb enough to keep score, Google would be a more satisfying target, no? After all, we have no Google products on BB10, right?

No, I think it's a simple matter of resources and ROI. When the ROI justifies it, it'll be on WP, I think.

Having said that, I would to see BBM on each of the top platforms and desktop.
    09-09-13 11:01 PM