Should bbm go cross platform if 10.2 has android app player embbed in os itself?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:18 AM
    BBM going crossplatform has been in the works so long I don't think anyone at the top would even think of a good reason not to launch it now. Personal I think adding a fully integrated android player would be all the more reason to launch it. The increase in apps and the ability to chat with friends on a persons old platform might be enough to get a lot of people to switch.
    10-03-13 06:25 AM
    Should bbm go cross platform if 10.2 has android app player embbed in os itself?

Posted via CB10
    BBM should go all platform, not specifically Android.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 06:26 AM
    Yeah

A long time ago

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:33 AM
    But if blackberry users can use viber etc whats a point of sending bbm crossplatform. Bbm exclusivity to blackberry meant more high demand of blackberry phones. Now that bb10 users can use all the android apps it is not a wise decision??

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:36 AM
    Viber doesn't have half of the features of BBM
    10-03-13 10:37 AM
    The sooner the better. The longer it takes the more BB image is damaged. But besides that do you know what BB can do with a few million email addresses. Ask anybody that owns a apple product. It becomes advertising heaven for BB.
    10-03-13 12:43 PM
    But if blackberry users can use viber etc whats a point of sending bbm crossplatform. Bbm exclusivity to blackberry meant more high demand of blackberry phones. Now that bb10 users can use all the android apps it is not a wise decision??

Posted via CB10
    Where exactly are you seeing high demand for BlackBerry phones? With or without BBM?

BBM hasn't been a priority consideration in smartphone purchase decisions in ages.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 01:27 PM
    Viber doesn't have half of the features of BBM
    Right. It has more.
    10-03-13 03:22 PM
    Bbm exclusivity to blackberry meant more high demand of blackberry phones.
    Yeah. In 2009.
    10-03-13 03:23 PM
    Don't quite see how the 4.2.2 runtime affects bbm. But yes, putting bbm cross-platform is the last hope they have to draw people back to BlackBerry. If people start using bbm again and see how reliable is is they might start getting a better image toward consumers. Hopefully you will start getting people to switch back

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are aware that 10.0, 10.1 and even PlayBook OS have had the android runtime capability, right? 10.2 just updates it to 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

You shouldn't look at it from the BlackBerry handset perspective, but rather from that of BBM as a potential separate software/service business (like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp). In other words, demand for BlackBerry devices is diminishing regardless of whether they have BBM exclusively. If you want BBM to survive and grow, it better expand into other platforms. If it does become popular, BBM could become its own 'business' even if the BlackBerry handset ship sinks.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:54 PM
    I think that isnt true! If they will be getting bbm in their own phone i.e apple or android whats the point of switch! Although it might improve blackberry's reputation

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:45 PM
    BBM has always been one of the top reason for teenager to buy cheap blackberrys.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:47 PM
    You are aware that 10.0, 10.1 and even PlayBook OS have had the android runtime capability, right? 10.2 just updates it to 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

You shouldn't look at it from the BlackBerry handset perspective, but rather from that of BBM as a potential separate software/service business (like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp). In other words, demand for BlackBerry devices is diminishing regardless of whether they have BBM exclusively. If you want BBM to survive and grow, it better expand into other platforms. If it does become popular, BBM could become its own 'business' even if the BlackBerry handset ship sinks.

Posted via CB10

I do agree but i believe that blackberry is exclusive not just due to BBM but also because of the approach for design, productivity. So i dont want blackberry to sink and bbm to be made a separate business. It would be amazing not just for android and apple users but also for BlackBerry users to have that freedom to call any friend not just blackberry users . Concluded it should go cross platform

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:54 PM
    Another reason bbm shouldn't go cross platform is because blackberry os which are older than bb10 habe to pay for bbm but apple and android users wont. This might also result in people moving to apple and android. !

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:32 PM
    Another reason bbm shouldn't go cross platform is because blackberry os which are older than bb10 habe to pay for bbm but apple and android users wont. This might also result in people moving to apple and android. !

Posted via CB10
    This used to be the case before data plans became more affordable and accesible around the world, and the text + BBM + social media plans were what people could afford. Now, data has become cheaper (hence more people are able to run iPhones and Androids), so even if you had a pre-BB10 BlackBerry, you would probably already have the complete BIS data plan rather than just for a BBM plan.

So,.. although I agree it is sad to lose at hardware, I'd like to see something BlackBerry remain... even if it's just BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:16 PM
    I have noticed in the last little while that people seem to want the keyboard. I bought a z10 and im not looking back, but everyone i know is going with the Q10. So I think BlackBerry people would still buy for the keyboard and bbm could be leveraged to bring in some cash.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:02 PM
    I have noticed in the last little while that people seem to want the keyboard. I bought a z10 and im not looking back, but everyone i know is going with the Q10. So I think BlackBerry people would still buy for the keyboard and bbm could be leveraged to bring in some cash.

Posted via CB10

Only the blackberry lovers like keypads including me but most phone users love big screen phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:14 AM
    This used to be the case before data plans became more affordable and accesible around the world, and the text + BBM + social media plans were what people could afford. Now, data has become cheaper (hence more people are able to run iPhones and Androids), so even if you had a pre-BB10 BlackBerry, you would probably already have the complete BIS data plan rather than just for a BBM plan.

So,.. although I agree it is sad to lose at hardware, I'd like to see something BlackBerry remain... even if it's just BBM.

Posted via CB10

I dont agree most cheap blackberry phone users are teenager below 18 years old as in Uk. They buy phone without a contract and then opt for pay as you go data plans.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:17 AM
    Yes BBM should go cross-platform because

it's the last hope for BBRY to keep alive its BlackBerry brand name

It's advertisement free for its phone

Last point, it can promote its last feature "Channels"
    10-04-13 06:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hugh? What does the player have player.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    10-04-13 07:03 AM