Hello,
    I currently have a Sony Xperia ZL (Android) and recently installed BBM (Hooray). In the past I had BBM on my BB Curve and BB Bold.
    On my curve and bold I was able to send *.gif files to all of my contacts. However with BBM on android when I send a *.gif to my contacts the image is "resized" and instead of the actual *.gif being sent, just a thumbnail or single frame of the *.gif is sent.*I have tried multiple working .gifs with multiple contracts.
    So I was wondering if someone could help me. How can I send full *.gif files to my contacts? Is the problem with a BBM setting? Android setting? Xperia setting? Or is it just not available in cross platform BBM?
    Thanks so much for reading and any help you can offer,
    Colin
    10-25-13 01:16 PM
    It appears as a thumbnail but when the recipient taps it, it morphs into the full-size image. At least that has been what I've observed.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-25-13 11:10 PM
    Sadly for me that isn't the case. When I select a gif it shows the size. Then when I hit send a small grey box appears and reads: resizing image. Then shows a much smaller size. Then the resized image is sent.
    10-26-13 12:40 PM
    I have attached an image of the problem. The source file is 1.92MB, but the sent file is only 9.13KB.
    Sending .gif on Android BBM-6p22bri.jpg
    10-26-13 01:52 PM
    In BB10, when a compressed pic is sent, the recipient would long press the picture and select HQ

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:06 PM
    I'll bet you need to request the high quality version. If-not, is there an option to open in browser?
    10-28-13 04:16 PM