So I was scrolling through the suggested contacts list. (You can find this in the invite tab on BBM under "Suggested")
    And I noticed that one of my contacts that it is suggesting is a PlayBook user.
    I don't recall seeing this before.
    I know you can video chat PlayBook Users and I've done this in the past, but I don't recall the user being in the suggested BBM contacts before.

BBM for PlayBook is coming soon?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:18 AM
    I've seen this too. Probably just an oversight with the new invite feature.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 08:34 AM
    I've seen this too. Probably just an oversight with the new invite feature.

Posted via CB10
    Long time ago? Or only recently?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:58 PM
    I just noticed something else. Previously I could send a voice call to a Playbook user from my Z10 but I can no longer do that. It doesn't show the green video call button. It now shows an "Invite to BBM" button.
    I can call my Z10 from my Playbook, but not the other way around. (A work around seems to be Clicking on the "PlayBook Video Chat" notification from a previous call where it shows the time elapsed, but this would assume you had previously made a call to the user.)

Whether this is an oversight or not remains to be seen. I have a feeling BBM is coming to the PlayBook and they are preparing all the PINs and communication stuff?

Anyone else seeing the same?
    02-14-14 09:40 PM
    as far as I know, you could invite playbook users before, the moment you saved their pin within the contacts. I think bbm doesn't make a difference in playbook-pin and bbm-pin. now, as everyone is a potential bbm-user (with android and ios) they just added this invitation possibility to everyone who is a possible bbm-contact, ergo: especially the ones with an existing bb-id, just like your playbook has.
    02-15-14 02:42 AM
    as far as I know, you could invite playbook users before, the moment you saved their pin within the contacts. I think bbm doesn't make a difference in playbook-pin and bbm-pin. now, as everyone is a potential bbm-user (with android and ios) they just added this invitation possibility to everyone who is a possible bbm-contact, ergo: especially the ones with an existing bb-id, just like your playbook has.
    I think previously I had the green video call button. Bit now I have the "Invite to BBM" button.

Posted via CB10
    GV2012 likes this.
    02-15-14 11:13 AM
    Me too. Now I'm not sure how to make a videochat to my playbook.
    02-15-14 11:57 AM
    only way it works now: call yourself via playbook first. then: open the call-notification in the hub to call the playbook back. they should fix that.
    02-15-14 12:56 PM
    For what it's worth, I still have the PlayBook Video Chat icon under the Invite to BBM button.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:34 PM