I'm a devoted BlackBerry fan all these years and I got my beautiful Z10 last April as my 4th device after 8830, 9550, and 9800.

This decision will not only made by me and my friends, but the entire mid-upper class of BlackBerry users in Indonesia.

People here got "stuck" with BB because of BBM and nothing else. BB10 is great and all, but it wouldn't be enough.

The cross platform BBM is sure is a good news for you guys. But it's a disaster for whoever heads the BlackBerry office here.

Sorry for my average English. I'm thinking of Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5S. It's been fun guys.
    05-14-13 11:58 PM
    05-15-13 12:02 AM
    Then you aren't much of a devoted fan after all

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:03 AM
    Why move away from the slickest mobile OS in the world? Have fun.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-15-13 12:05 AM
    I'm keeping mine. With android jellybean player around the corner, I see myself pretty much having almost android and bb10 in 1 phone. Quick decisions like this are usually emotional and irrational knee jerk reactions
    05-15-13 12:08 AM
    Wrong. Many people stayed with BB due to the physical keyboards ..
    05-15-13 12:12 AM
    I wont lose any sleep over it.
    05-15-13 12:13 AM
    I'm a devoted BlackBerry fan all these years and I got my beautiful Z10 last April as my 4th device after 8830, 9550, and 9800.

This decision will not only made by me and my friends, but the entire mid-upper class of BlackBerry users in Indonesia.

People here got "stuck" with BB because of BBM and nothing else. BB10 is great and all, but it wouldn't be enough.

The cross platform BBM is sure is a good news for you guys. But it's a disaster for whoever heads the BlackBerry office here.

Sorry for my average English. I'm thinking of Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5S. It's been fun guys.
    So how can you be a devoted BlackBerry user if you are stuck on BlackBerry because of bbm? Lol

I love these posts! They all have the same pattern: I had a BlackBerry 9900, 9550, 8830.

I am a devoted fan.

I am disapointed.

I will get the iphone

And I just digged out my crackberry account. After 3 years I still remember my password even if I never posted here.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:14 AM
    So how can you be a devoted BlackBerry user if you are stuck on BlackBerry because of bbm? Lol
    Exactly, that makes no sense. The OP makes it sound like he never wanted to get a Z10 to begin with because he was "stuck" with it until this BBM announcement. Sounds to me he/she has been waiting for this announcement to switch from the start.
    05-15-13 12:16 AM
    Selling my Z10 as soon as BBM go cross platform-images-13-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:23 AM

I love these posts! They all have the same pattern: I had a BlackBerry 9900, 9550, 8830.

I am a devoted fan.

I am disapointed.

I will get the iphone

And I just digged out my crackberry account. After 3 years I still remember my password even if I never posted here.

Posted via CB10
    As I said: people here got stuck with BBM. They eventually get two devices to go. 1 BB, other is probably an iphone. I decided to get Z10, not for another device because I WAS loyal.

Yeah I admit that "devoted" isn't the right word. It's funny how a company's decision could do this to ones loyalty.

I'm a long time lurker in CB and decided to post here because it could be my last.

Edit: another point that you can take from this thread is BB will lose a huge market in indonesia and probably India and some other countries. I do hope BB and BB10 will rise to the competition theyre facing in the future.
    Last edited by deaglefrenzy; 05-15-13 at 12:35 AM.
    05-15-13 12:24 AM
    This OP is similar to a comment I read regarding another emerging market and BBM:

"BB�s decision to make BBM a crossplatform service is a terrible idea. I don�t know how it is in the US, but here in Trinidad, and a lot of South America, most BB users purchased BBs to use BBM, because it had a lot of market share, and it was cheaper than texting. Making it accessible to other platforms essentially cuts their sales in half, trust me. People in South America and the Caribbean will see no need to buy a BB now, because superior OS�s, like Android and iOS, will now have it. I can guarantee Android sales are going to increase because of BlackBerry�s decision to do this! Google is going to welcome this with wide, open arms. These old company leaders are out of touch with what works and what doesn�t. Trying to be cool, by offering a Twitter-esque experience, but without the market/mindshare of Twitter, and the functionality of Twitter. Good luck BlackBerry, you�re going to need it!".

The same basic argument.
    05-15-13 12:32 AM

You have a cool job....I didn't know there was a phone official spokesman for entire mid-upper class of BlackBerry users in Indonesia. Nice
    05-15-13 12:33 AM
    I said it before and I'll say it again, all the people saying they bought a Z10 because of BBM is just plain false, they could have just bought a curve with the dedicated BBM button, its a whole lot cheaper!
    cjcampbell, jafrul, JGuez and 15 others like this.
    05-15-13 12:41 AM
    You have a cool job....I didn't know there was a phone official spokesman for entire mid-upper class of BlackBerry users in Indonesia. Nice
    Well you heard it here first. The smartphone market share here is about 80% for BB. Wait 6months to a year, see CB article about Indonesia. Compare the numbers. See if you'll laugh at me again and I will cry in a corner feeling embarassed.

Edit: my english sucks
    Last edited by deaglefrenzy; 05-15-13 at 12:54 AM.
    nofiz likes this.
    05-15-13 12:43 AM
    This shows how genius the move is.

Emerging market for the most part I'd assume give BB lower margins.

If you leave BB and still use BBM then thats still a win for BB.

Its inevitably that a closed system would lose out to open systems. We know this. Its a fact. Closed systems lose in the long run.

BB will lose some but the goal is to expand their BBM user base and expand the platform while increasing awarness and continue to sell BBs to the people who like their devices for any of the great things about BBs. Their are so many benefits the loss of some users is a cost they are willing to take. Theres a bigger goal here.

Eventually when you leave whatever device you go to, to come back to BB, make sure you make announcments on whatever other platorms website you leave.
    05-15-13 12:45 AM
    I said it before and I'll say it again, all the people saying they bought a Z10 because of BBM is just plain false, they could have just bought a curve with the dedicated BBM button, its a whole lot cheaper!
    You hit the nail on the head.

A lot of spinners around here trying to look at this amazing announcment in a negative light.

In the past I didn't agree with BBM as cross platform. But its all about timing. BB decided nows the right time.
    05-15-13 12:48 AM

Let me know how much you want.
    05-15-13 12:53 AM
    Edit: my english sucks
    Your English is fine. Your math is what concerns me now. You have enough money to buy an iPhone and a Z10, but not enough to pay for sms messages. Check with your CPA on that, there may be an adjustment to be made somewhere.
    Gla1ze, Mecca EL, hpjrt and 26 others like this.
    05-15-13 12:59 AM
    People are not buying BB10 devices for BBM. They're buying it for the whole BB10 experience.
    If OP bought his Z10 for the BBM only, I feel sorry for him. Should have bought a cheap BB7 device with BBM only prepaid subscription instead.
    seacan2, jstirtzinger and youke like this.
    05-15-13 01:02 AM
    To the op: the original hooking point was the keyboard for me not bbm. I only discovered it after a year owning my 8900.

Posted via CB10
    bahandi likes this.
    05-15-13 01:03 AM
    I'm not sure why someone would leave BlackBerry because BBM went multi platform. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm happy because most my friends don't have BBM, so quite often have to message them using my iPod. If my friends would get BBM, I could use my Z10 for all my messaging.

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums mobile app
    05-15-13 01:03 AM
    I said it before and I'll say it again: you can only speak for yourself.
    I bought my first BB for BIS and BBM. All those are possible on a Curve, but why would I limit myself to the cheaper, inferior product?
    I bought my Z10 just because of BBM...a significant amount of my friends are on BBM, and the BBOS was frankly becoming an archaic, dated POS.

I'm not sure what your priorities are, but I usually choose BETTER over CHEAPER. By your logic almost no one would have bought the Bold series since the Curves can pretty much do everything the Bold series can do.
    05-15-13 01:11 AM
    Blackberry is after a larger user base and now with BB Channels in the pipeline they are aiming to take a chunk of the social networking pie.
    05-15-13 01:13 AM
    I'm not sure why someone would leave BlackBerry because BBM went multi platform. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm happy because most my friends don't have BBM, so quite often have to message them using my iPod. If my friends would get BBM, I could use my Z10 for all my messaging.

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums mobile app
    You're not sure?
    Take the HTC One for example. Better camera, better screen, better design, far better speaker, far better CPU & GPU, far more robust app library, much more customizable OS, Google's robust ecosystem (that will only get much better after Google I/O.

Blackberry 10 is slick and fast, but the opportunity cost in using it outweighs most of the benefit.

Were BBM to be on Android in January this year, I may not have bought my Z10.
    21stNow, Donvald, Etios and 3 others like this.
    05-15-13 01:14 AM
490 123 ...